Madonna Visits Injured Stage Workers

7/20/2009 3:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

On the same day she was supposed to perform in Marseille, Madonna -- dressed in all black and wearing a cross -- visited the technicians who were hospitalized when her concert stage collapsed last week.

Madonna
The cause of the collapse, which killed two people, is still unknown.
madonna

suzy

another desperate need of attention

Bethany Sweet

Why would a proponent of the Kabbalah be wearing a cross? Didn't she disown Catholicism?

Ice Water

Her skin looks good because she has shot up with Botox, restylane, had chemical peels and microdermabrasion. Please keep good skin in perspecrtive for a 50 year old ho. It does come with a hefty price tag. And, to be honest, she should take it easy a bit...starting to look waxy, like she's been embalmed.

JustMe

Such a hard group to please, apparently! I think she's doing her best in a difficult situation, trying to be human and to show her empathy to those injured and to the families of the two who died. Short of parachuting onto rooftops, she is being as discreet as possible. I think her comments at the Italian show were heartfelt. If she speaks out and visits victims, some accuse her of being calculating. If she hadn't, she would have been called cold and heartless. I think she did what she felt she should as a human being, not as a "celebrity." Give her a break.

The cross doesn't trouble or confuse me a bit. She was raised Catholic, and has since studied different religions and philosophies. I was also raised Catholic but no longer practice, though I haven't officially renounced anything. I am currently studying Buddhism, but attend services at a Unitarian church. It is possible to find value in many different approaches and take from each tradition. It's not all or nothing.

LillyandGish

I've never been a fan of Madonna, but this warms my heart and make me warm to her. I feel sure she's genuine in her concern and in her grief for those who died and their loved ones. I'm impressed with her. She's won me over. And she looks lovely in more elegant clothes and a more elegant hair style. But I'll give her this - the other things are just stage costumes. God bless, Madonna. You did a wonderful thing and I'm sure the families and the injured appreciate it very much.

stephen mallen

I wish and pray that the crew recovers soon from there injurys. And I pray that "AIG" is not involved. Life after an injury from a Madonna stage. www.stagehandsteve.org Still in pain and suffer everyday. Talking about surgury now because of the pain but no help from "AIG" and Doctors care. Hey Madonna how about a few crumbs my way? Or at least a get well card.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

What a fake. She thinks she's the real Madonna.

stephen mallen

2006 on June 3rd the stage that killed me at the Staples Center ! www.stagehandsteve.org Now I suffer day after day. I tried to make this site to help me and other. Please help and DONATE

hell with them all

SHE IS ALL TRASH!!!!!!

La Toya Jackson

Madge is just up set that she won't make the millions and millions of dollars that she would have made if she had done the concerts .. *that is why she looks so sad ..

REAL

Damn She is GORGEOUS!!!! !!!!!!!

I like some of her music, But I love Her and that Smoking Hot Body !!!!!
It is so easy to see that She takes very good care of Her Self...

She is 50 and looks 30 with style and grace....

I know there are a lot of haters out there, But you all know She is just Stunning !!!!

no need for and mj or janet crap here bigots and racists...

Nelson Muntz

What's with those shoulder pads?

REAL

TO 11. Madge is mouring for all things Euro...and she wants her beloved Euro fans to see her professionally mourn..This is about her more than the poor Polish stage workers - paid less than minimium wage.

I also notice Madge did nothing after 9-11 for the new Yorkers and the deaths of 3,887 - New York City...where she was discovered.

Posted at 10:41AM on Jul 20th 2009 by The former shadow of WTC one.

SHE DOES NOT NEED THE MONEY SHE IS WORTH MORE THAN MJ EVER WAS.
SHE IS WELL WORTH OVER 800 MIL CASH...

YOU SAY YOU NOTICED SHE SIS NOTHING FOR NY..
HOW DO YOU KNOW SHE DIDN'T ??
SOME PEOPLE GIVE AND DON'T WANT IT POSTED IN SOME MAGAZINE LIKE MJ AND OPRAH.
MADONNA DOES NOT NEED THAT EGO BOOST LIKE THE ABOVE DO...

FACT IS SHE DID GIVE A LOT OF MONEY TO THE FAMILYS OF THE FIREFIGHTERS IN NY.
i AM SURE THERE IS A LOT MORE SHE HAS DONE..

WHY NOT LOOK FOR THE GOOD INSTEAD OF MAKING UP NASTY LIES .

saireea

madge's sunglasses are trinitys from the matrix.

stephen mallen

THATS SHOWBIZ, THE SHOW MUST GO ON BUT IT WILL BE WITHOUT ME. www.stagehandsteve.org BREAK A LEG AS THEY SAY, WELL I DID MORE THEN THAT. I BROKE MY BACK! (READ IT NOW AT MY SITE IN ABOUT US LINK) The stage that killed me and lfe as I new it.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments