« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Big Ben: 'I Did Not Sexually Assault Andrea'

7/23/2009 3:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Pittsburgh Steelers quarterback Ben Roethlisberger just issued a 60-second long statement to the media, denying the sexual assault allegations against him.

Ben Rothlisberger
Roethlisberger said, "I did not sexually assault Andrea McNulty."

"Saturday was the first that I learned of her accusations. Her false and vicious allegations are an attack on my family and on me"

"I would never, ever force myself on a woman."

"I want to fight to protect my family and my reputation."

"I'm not going to discuss my private life or this civil case in the media."

"I'll respond to her outrageous allegations in the appropriate forum."

"I have an obligation to our fans, to my teammates, to my coaches and everyone in the organization to remain focused on the Pittsburgh Steelers and I will do that."

"The allegations against me are reckless and false."

"As much as I would like to answer everyone's questions, I going to respect the legal process and I am confident that the truth will prevail."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

hamilTonyan

firstwhore you too slow

hamilTonyan

Is he doing a motivational tour

atabaw

Yawn............................ Yeah! top 10! wooooo hoooooo

JANE DOE

GIVE ME A F N BREAK- A PRESS CONFERENCE!?

NOW PLAYERS WILL COPY HIM,
RAPE THEN GET PUBLICITY! OH GREAT!!

Secret

He shouldn't even address the allegations more than he has. They smack of being false. If he raped this woman then she should be pressing criminal charges now, not civil charges. She's looking for money not justice.

I find this hard to believe and after the Kobe and Lacrosse rape cases that ended up being fabrications by the accusers, apparently so does ESPN.

kg

I'm shocked at how many people suspect the alleged victim of lying. Such a sad world when the majority automatically takes the side of the alleged offender.

Cleveland-West_Side

Good luck understanding him, Pennsylvania only recognizes 17 letters of the English alphabet.

Mike Kochhertz

Hey KG, first off, yes I'm a guy, but, you can check with my wife, my mom and my three daughters, love women more than men 10 times. I realize how serious rape is and something I'll never understand, but, I'm sorry, as bad as you may feel, as traumatic as it may be, as life changing as any event could be, YOU CANNOT WAIT A YEAR OR YEAR AND A HALF TO MAKE CHARGES LIKE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!! And just think, maybe it did happen, BUT, maybe it really didn't?????? Think of the changes this guy or any guy is going to have for the rest of his life?? Even if he didn't even touch her, for the next 60 years of his life, people are going to be saying, "member when that Roth guy had that charge, wonder if he really did it??"
Sorry ladies, I'm on your side more often than not, but something this serious, you've got to report it relatively quickly for your own sake and for evidence's sake.

Miles

Betcha 100 bucks if this was Lebron James, Shaquille O'neal, John Leguizamo, Marc Anthony....etc...etc. With no report for the people I mentioned there would still be an investigation. Not that I care, I am on no ones side here. Just merely here to point out the obivious. This is what makes people of color so angry these days. ESPN didnt even want to run the story. Hrmm....

Cleveland-West_Side

Q: Did you hear about the power outage at a Pittsburgh mall?

A: Forty Steeler fans were stuck on the escalator for three hours.

Cleveland-West_Side

Q: What's the hardest thing about being a Pittsburgh Steelers fan?

A: Telling your parents that you're gay.

Tinalouise

Hey KG: The majority of people who think she is lying probably already know that she made up a story about being engaged to a soldier who was in Iraq and supposedly died there as well. In reality there was not such man and it was all in her mind and all a big fat lie so yeah we might think this fool, who isnt even good looking, might be lying!!

Citizen Strange

Is it to announce that he will start putting "RFJ" on his football shoes?

Cleveland-West_Side

Q: What do you get when you cross a Pittsburgh Steeler fan and a pig?

A: Nothing. There's some things that a pig will not do.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

It's so dumb. All he's going to say is that he didn't do it. What a waste of time.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments