Amy Winehouse Acquitted of Smack Charge

7/24/2009 2:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A refurbished Amy Winehouse is officially off the hook for punching a fan who wanted a picture with her.

Amy Winehouse
Today in London, the judge found Amy not guilty on assault charges -- for the incident that happened after a charity ball last September. While prosecutors claimed the hit was deliberate, Winehouse says she felt intimidated by the drunken fan, but was too short to actually smack the girl in the face.

Winehouse, who showed up to court smokin' a ciggy, was free to go, go, go.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Sean P.

One small victory -- may there be another in the Fall!!

len

Anna, Alvin, VelvetUnderground.........A victory..... no matter how small, is a step forward.......sure beats a kick in the pants.!! Thanks Velvet, that catered dinner was superb,,,,,,,,,,I heard more than a few Belches .......& other indelicate eruptions, from the Little Creatures ...their way of expressing their appreciation........no artiface, at all......... Well.........a short period of quiescence.......before the next debacle....A little R&R is in order.....but keep your wits about you...........Fan Patrol left on an early recognizance this a.m......trusting that Little Anya is eating & resting her little heart out........sorry about her eggs.........God love her...all that hard work.........

Alvin

Hi all... what happened to the eggs? I hope she didn't lose them. Fan patrol? I guess I have been AWOL for a while (work called) but would love to be caught up. What's the recon on the rock? Anyone know? {Raises a glass to Anna and Cali, Twiggy, and Velvet} Cheers!

Sean P.

Hi Alvin! We've missed you. The eggs look like they are infertile. Maybe the next clutch will have some live ones. Anya is eating well, getting herself ready to lay again.

FiFi LaRue

Awww...I missed the eggs part...So very sorry for dear Anya. I've been contemplating getting a couple of turtles ( small ones ) to keep in my office at home. I just googled Russian Tortoise...they are BEAUTIFUL!!
On a brighter note...a while back I was going with eldest son to meet up with his bride to be and her parents...on our way to check out country club for their reception. This song came on from a cd he had...I burst into tears and said "Oh Hells Bells you have to play this at your reception...now hand me a tissue, please". I finally found it on youtube. He has a great affinity for reggae...especially the Great Bob Marley. Take a listen and tell me what you think....
I'm posting it at Base Camp2 and see if I can get a vote on it....

I'm pushing for it to be their first dance song...

Sean P.

Sheee's Baaacckk! Phewwie. . .

cj

she is a mess!!! WHat can i say that pictures dont show?? look at this crackhead!!!

1916 days ago

crazydollygirl

She was lookin good when she left the carribean what happen?, back to that scary beehive, im really afraid to see what is under that thing and whats up with that shirt?

1916 days ago

Jolly Goat

She has to be the ugliest celebrity ever.....Its like rosie and Larry King had a crack baby http://www.thedrunkcanuck.com

1916 days ago

JANE DOE

HAVE TO ADMIT
SHE'S CLEANING UP NICELY!!

1916 days ago

DAJ

She is a pillar of the community -- a role model to our youngsters ----- NOT!!!!!!!

She should go and crawl back under a stone; she's a howler

1916 days ago

This is a shame

Look at those skinny ass legs. I don't know which is scarier --- those legs or that face.

1916 days ago

Lala16

REAL CLASSY LADY, COMING OUT OR GOING INTO COURT WITH A CIGARETTE HANGING OUT OF YOU MOUTH. WHO DRESSED HER?? ARE PEOPLE REALLY STUPID ENOUGH TO THINK BECAUSE SOMEONE DRESSED HER UP AND SEWED THAT MATTED MESS BACK ON TOP OF HER HEAD THAT SHE IS BACK AND BETTER? LETS JUST HOPE SO BECAUSE I ACUTALLY LOOK FORWARD TO HER SINGING AGAIN!!

1916 days ago

I'm hungry

that's the healthiest she's looked in a long time ...

1916 days ago

notabunny

awesome! can't wait to hear her sing again

haters, f*ck off, you just don't get it do ya?

1916 days ago