Harvard Prof 911 Call Contradicts Police Report

7/27/2009 11:11 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

We've got the 911 call that eventually resulted in the arrest of Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. -- and it completely contradicts what cops say the 911 caller told them when they arrived at the scene.

Gates 911 Call

In the 911 call, the dispatcher asks the caller, Lucia Whalen, "Were [the alleged intruders] white, black, or Hispanic?" Whalen responds: "Um, well there were two larger men. One looked kind of Hispanic but I'm not really sure. And the other one entered and I didn't see what he looked like at all. I just saw it from a distance." She also said they were carrying two suitcases.

In the police report, however, Officer Crowley claims Whalen told him she saw "what appeared to be two black males with backpacks."

So the question is: Did Crowley fudge the report, or did Whalen change her story?

Oldwalk

WHITEY SUCKS A$$ AND LOVES THE TASTE OF IT.

CROWLEY WILL EAT CROW. HE FUDGED THE REPORTS. HE FUDGED THE ARREST. HE CAN BE SUED IN CIVIL COURT AND GATES CAN TAKE HIS FREAKIN' HOME AND RENT IT TO A BLACK MAN. AND THE CITY IS GOING TO INVESTIGATE HIS FALSE REPORTS AND THE FALSE ARREST.

THAT EQUALS THIS:

WHITEY LOSES! AWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ashley

MR PROGESSOR NEEDS TO S T F U !!!!! HE IS AN IGNORANT BROTHER THAT I LOOKED UP TO! ACTUALLY, HE IS MY UNCLE! SO..................I WILL NOT SAY ANYMORE!

JANE DOE

BECAUSE OF 1 COP
WE ALL KNOW NOW NEVER TO OPEN YOUR DOOR FOR THE COPS!
SAD BUT TRUE!

TEAM "Harvard Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. " !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mike tyson

get a long rope

buzz

Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr. is living proof that no matter how much of an Education one has ? Authority doesn't deserve any R-E-S-P-E-C-T ? And he has the nerve to call himself a Harvard Graduate. Shame on... HARVARD.

VinceNeil

Just think, in 100 years people will look back on history and think how stupid we all were for making a big deal out of the color of peoples skin. They will think it is stupid just like WE ALL think slavery was terrible 200 years ago. We all have challenges and problems....but to cry racism in the first seconds of this situation, like Gates did, is just plain sad. Yelling "Yo Mamma"???....damn, i have a black friend that just turned his down and shook it. he said a Black Harvard educator acts like that? Believe it or not, there are black people out there, who are not racist, who are embarrassed by this guy.

camaguey

Oh my God! Tomayto, tomahto. Didn't Obama postpone the get-together until next election time? Note to Gates: GET A LIFE!

Susie

As a black person in America, I can clearly see that mistakes were made all around. The president should have held his comments on the matter instead of being led into the topic at the end of a speech on a different subject. Gates should have just presented the ID without further word even if the officer didn't explain that he was responding to a breakin call. After all, the officer had a weapon and Gates could have been injured or worse. Crowley should not have inserted "2 black men" when the lady had not mentioned it. To the commenter who said that the lady added more information after she got a better look, she couldn't have because she said both of the men went inside. I guess I can understand the officer putting in "2 black men" because that gets more attention and it's taken more seriously. Remember the lady years ago that said a black man kidnapped her kids? That drew lots of attention, and no doubt serious insults were hurled back and forth just like we have here. Then we all found out that she sent her own kids into the river, and there was no black man involved. So there's plenty of blame to go around. Obama is the only one that has stepped forward to say that he shouldn't have rendered an opinion on the subject. I would like to see Gates and Crowley both admit that it could have been handled better not just drink a beer. They should come forward like the president did. We have serious enemies outside the country. Both blacks, whites, and others died in 911 and continue to die in wars. We should be fighting together against our enemies. If we keep tearing each other down, we are doing our enemies' work for them. And they are laughing.

nosuninseattle

Why are people not more upset with this racist, elitist jerk? If anyone of us challenged the authority of a cop and then brought the cop's mother into the verbal smack-down we would have gotten arrested too. He should not be able to get away with that disrespectful behavior, and the President certainly shouldn't be condoning the behavior by having him over to the White House.

Inny

Typical lying cop.

I guess they have to keep lying....

otherwise they'd have to go back to selling shoes if they lost their Barney jobs.

hi

if you this to the 911 call she states there is luggage or bags on the porch so when she spoke with the officer maybe she did say backpacks. maybe when the officer actually spoke with her to get her statement she seen the gentlemen was black so thats what she stated or maybe he made a mistake. Why every time a black or hispanic male gets arrested its racial profiling. Using that logic people are profiling officers and going into with a bad, confrontational attitude which when doing the jobs officers do could lead to an arrest. They are risking their life out there and probably don't want to take chances

betty

gates = racist
obama = acted stupidly

yeah....and?

Denial, denial, denial.

The cops in this situation were STUPID. Why didn't the guy look at Gates ID and see, CLEARLY, he lived there and give a half ass sorry and leave? What is wrong with that?
I have NEVER heard of ANY police department EVER saying they are sorry for a oops. Never. Even when it is a major oops they say nothing to admit any wrong doing. Even when it was THEIR FAULT!

yeah....and?

Sandy:

How gulible you are. HOW do you know that was a black person writing that post? I suspect not. As a white person I have zero clue what it is like to be profiled against. I can't even fathom what it must be like to be a black person in this country full of hypocrites. I tell you, I would have a BOULDER on my shoulder , esp. after this election.

Open a history book, read some of the slave narrivtives and then speak. One of my favorite narratives is my a young slave girl who managed to sneak out a pretty dress to wear to the dance they were having on the ONE SLIM NIGHT they had to be social. Then she snuck it back in to the masters house! I bet she felt pretty and it was worth it!

I would feel some sting if I was of color in this USA. White people would be liars to say otherwise.

yeah....and?

#61 Ashley:

You are a waste of air. I bet they let you vote too. Are you married to your cousin? Perhaps living in a trailer? Are you behind in fashion too? Maybe you weigh 300 pounds and have a hairy lip? Reading level of a 3rd grader maybe?
Living off the Government? Heading to the nearest dive bar to sind some Taylor Swift songs?

Well, all the above are clearly signs you must be a re-neck. Put down the beer, get a job, and try and get a little respectable will ya? Thanks, ya'll. Idiot.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments