Kelsey: 'Don't Release' My Sister's Murderer

7/27/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer wasn't able to attend a parole hearing today for the man who raped and murdered his sister back in 1975 -- so he sent this powerful letter which was read aloud.

Kelsey Grammer

Grammer -- who missed the hearing in Colorado Springs this morning due to rain delays at JFK airport -- pleads with the court not to release the man who "abducted ... raped ... savaged ... butchered" his little sister Karen.

Grammer described his sister as "smart and good and decent," and said "I can never escape the horror of what happened" to her ... "Please do not release this man from prison."

Freddie Glenn -- the man who murdered Karen -- will stay put for at least 5 more years.

toofastforyou!

FIRST AGAIN SUCKERS!!!

Kay

What a horror to have to live with. My sympathy to the Grammer family.

Lefty

#2, first to what? Fail hard?

KD

Freaking heart wrenching.

gus

First to be a shallow d-bag?

Jennifer in Colorado Springs

I am 38 and have lived in Colorado Springs my entire life. I think of Karen every time I pass a Red Lobster here.

katie

Kelsy,

I am so sorry you have to continue to go through this after all these years.

My son was murdered by a monster in Jan of this year. I have found by reading your letter, that my son and your sister share the same birthday.

Please consider writing a book about what happened, and also your grief process, for there are very few on the market.

God Bless you,

Tracy

Personally I don't even think this should be an issue, he should not EVER get the chance to get out.

Cimarron

Crying after ready that letter.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

I don't get it.How come he can get out in 5 years for rapeand murder.poor Dr. Crane.

bmlzranch

I am in tears after reading this letter. This animal should never be let out of prison. Karen cannot have another day of life so this person shouldn't get freedom no matter how long it's been. Even after all of these years the pain of her family is as fresh as the day it happened. God Bless her and her family and let the justice system not be fooled into thinking that he can be a productive member of society

Kooky Fan

Louie,
Kelsey wrote a book some years back called "So Far", which is details the murder of his sister. If I remember correctly, his father was murdered as well.

Jim

doc murry

seems to me a few years ago he had some problems of his own concerning underage girls,,i may be wrong but people die everyday..so its just another drop in a bucket

Ellie

I also live in Colorado Springs and every time that I pass a Red Lobster I think of her and wonder, was this the place?

nacho

OMG - I had no idea his family went through this. What a horrible, horrible tragedy. how is it possible that this monster is even up for Parole?? I don't get our justice system.. Death penalty should have been instituted. No wonder Mr. Grammer turned to drugs and alcohol, trying to deaden the pain. I am glad that he was able to get sober and deal with the pain. My heart aches for him and any other victim's family. Tragedies like this should not take place, it's just so sad.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments