Kelsey: 'Don't Release' My Sister's Murderer

7/27/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer wasn't able to attend a parole hearing today for the man who raped and murdered his sister back in 1975 -- so he sent this powerful letter which was read aloud.

Kelsey Grammer

Grammer -- who missed the hearing in Colorado Springs this morning due to rain delays at JFK airport -- pleads with the court not to release the man who "abducted ... raped ... savaged ... butchered" his little sister Karen.

Grammer described his sister as "smart and good and decent," and said "I can never escape the horror of what happened" to her ... "Please do not release this man from prison."

Freddie Glenn -- the man who murdered Karen -- will stay put for at least 5 more years.

lenabenas21

Poor Kelsey. I hope this SOB doesn't ever get out...
I also just read that Kelsey's father was also murdered and his twin brothers were eaten by a shark - that sounds like a made for tv movie. What a life!!!

Dixie

My heart goes out to Kelsey Grammer and his family. Some of the posters here mentioned that he had wrote a book and talked about his sister's murder, did he mention why this animal did not get the death penalty or life without parole? If so, what was the reason?

ex lax

Prayers to Kelsey Grammer! Where ya found the spirit to make us laugh an be entertained GOD only knows an I thank you for it! Do all ya can to keep that freak locked up!

JennaT

This deeply heartfelt and touching letter is so powerful and beautifully expressed that I cried at the thought of that monster even being considered for parole.

P.S.: To comment #15--You are an ignorant piece of crap that has no soul. It's idiots like you that make me question my undying love for the First Amendment.

notabunny

Kelsey I had no idea, so sorry for your tremendous and tragic losses. May that animal rot in jail, and then burn in Hell.

Grammar nazi

Sugar Cookie, I believe the killer probably didn't get the death penalty because it happened in 1975, the year Colorado reinstated the death penalty. The crime could have missed the date by mere months or weeks.

Gerri Mooney

Kelsy,

I too was victimized , we lost our son to someone who took three lives in less than 5 mins. It's sad and heart wrenching and your life is not the same. just the fact that you can forgive, just as God forgives us. I am thankful for my faith because with out it I would give up wanting to go on. But we do because we know God is in control. as silly as some may see it , this is our reality. We know our son John is in Peace for that alone we are strong and able.
We will continue to Pray for your family Kelsy!!!!
Keep the Faith !!
Gerri & Mark

ly9512

Kelsey said it all beautifully! Condolences to the family.

TEXtex

This is so sad. I can't bring myself to read the letter. God bless everyone affedted by Karen's murder.

He-Men Fan!

Eloquent and heartbreaking. Kelsey is an amazing man who has managed to ensure and thrive despite this tragedy, and I'm glad that Karens' killer will remain behind bars.

cherryblossoms

who in the hell would even think of releasing a murderer? Now thats where the legal system is totally messed up all those sick psycho murderers should be in jail forever no question, just throw away his key. I cant imagine all the pain Kelsey has had to go through and the rest of his family, how horrible.

Brian Peppers

Parole? This monster should be shot point blank in the face with a 45 and his body set on fire and the ashes flushed into the sewer! To hell with these evil vermin!!

does TMZ think we are stupid

wow, what a heartfelt letter. i feel for the Grammer family. my heart goes out to them...don't release this murderer from prison. he took a life and therefore his life should be taken.

SP

Too bad it was not a hate crime then he would not have to even write thsi letter.

Keith

I can not even begin to imagine just how painful and horrible this is for the families of murder victims' families like Kelsey Grammer. The bastard who killed his sister should never, ever get a chance to get out of prison.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments