Kelsey: 'Don't Release' My Sister's Murderer

7/27/2009 4:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelsey Grammer wasn't able to attend a parole hearing today for the man who raped and murdered his sister back in 1975 -- so he sent this powerful letter which was read aloud.

Kelsey Grammer

Grammer -- who missed the hearing in Colorado Springs this morning due to rain delays at JFK airport -- pleads with the court not to release the man who "abducted ... raped ... savaged ... butchered" his little sister Karen.

Grammer described his sister as "smart and good and decent," and said "I can never escape the horror of what happened" to her ... "Please do not release this man from prison."

Freddie Glenn -- the man who murdered Karen -- will stay put for at least 5 more years.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

King Richard aka "Dick"

14. Grammer is a die-hard republican. I say, let anyone out early for helping us rid the world of his kin.

Posted at 4:24PM on Jul 27th 2009 by Ballisac------------------------

I hope your Democratic ass rots in hell douche bag. i am also a Democrat, voted for Obama etc. but i would never in a million years think to say something so cruel to another human being. YOU are an embarrassment to the Democratic Party, the Republican Party, independent parties, socialist parties, the Wig Party, communists parties, dictatorships, etc. Hell you are just an embarrassment to the human race in general. Now go crawl back into the hole from whence you came, Then do the planet a favor and rot whilst there.

lisa

Dr. Petit:
I have followed your case since the terrible tragedy occurred. For those who are not aware, Dr. Petit( who posted a few entries back) had his entire family taken from him when two men saw his daughters driving their car and decided to follow them home. They had Dr.'s wife take them to the bank, withdraw 15,000, then take them back to the house where they raped and set afire his wife and two daughters. God Bless you, Dr., and the Grammer family as well. I am in tears as I write this.

cj

i WITH YOU FRAIZER, DON'T LET HIM OUT. THIS JUSTICE System sucks and it is very poorly run by stupid politians, who does not think of the people who put them there,the law system needs a good man to clean up the law system what is five years for it doesn't bring back his sister let that S.O.B. ROT IN JAIL.

King Richard aka "Dick"

My god Dr. Petit (#50) bless you!! Your post and Mr Grammer's letter brought tears to my eyes. If i could take the place of your family and that of Karen Grammer, i would. I remember reading about your tragedy when it happened and was sickened to my stomach. You are right, things do not heal or ever have "closure." Mr. Grammer's eldest daughter i read somewhere, was given them middle name of Karen in honor of his deceased baby sister, and this was almost 10 years later--you are right, it never goes away. If the family has to live in their "prison" until their days come to an end, so should the perpetrators. They should be executed or at the very least stay in prison for life without parole. May God bless you. I truly believe one day you will see your beloved wife and daughters again, as will Mr. Grammer see his baby sister, mother, father and twin brothers again. The Bible, the word of God says so, and God does not lie because it is impossible for God to do so.
My prayers will be with you and your family and Kelsey Grammer and his family.
Please take care Dr. Petit.

Sincerely,
Paula Clark

music4life

I cant even begin to imagine the pain she endured or the pain her family and friends went through and will live with forever. Its just so un-imaginable I dont even get why they would have parole for someone that murders someone, I really can never wrap my head around that. Theirs a lot of things messed up in the world such as the legal system.

music4life

The only real justice in my eyes is doing the same thing to that guy that he did to three people, that would obviously never happen and still wouldnt make the pain go away but I think they get it way too good in jail, why would anyone even think for a millasecond of releasing a monster like that? seriously

IrishRed

Ballisac, you are disgusting, this man and his family lost a young woman to a brutal murderer and you make BAD jokes? You should be ashamed. Anyone who commits such a heinous crime should NEVER be released; you purposely take away a life, you should have to give up yours. This man brutally raped, beat and murdered this young girl and the family is still in incredible pain - keep him locked up! Yes, I believe Kelsey Grammer's father was shot to death.

Thom

I didn't know he even had a Sister, let alone what happened to her at the hands of that monster. Let's all hope he never takes a breath as a free man again, or the next tragedy mt be yours. Or mine. You're a better man that I, Mr. Grammer.

Butterfly

Dear Mr. Grammar, Louie, Dr Petit, Gerri Mooney. I have searched my vocabulary for the proper words to convey my deepest sympathy on the tremendous loss of your precious loved ones. There aren't any, except, I am deeply, deeply sorry. I was so touched, that I began to tremble by the thought of such unexpected and devastating news brought to your doors and, to your hearts. I cannot put into words what I am feeling , except, blessings to you and to your families.

show me the $$

I have an 18 year old daughter that I am protective of to a fault because it’s stories like this that make me well aware of creatures like this so-called “man” that roam the streets. I don’t even want to try to comprehend the grief this family has endured all these years. It must have been unbearable. I hope they never let this thing out.

annie

THE MURDERER SHOULD "STAY PUT" UNTIL HELL FREEZES OVER. WHAT HAPPENED TO HIS SISTER WAS REALLY HIDEOUS, AND I HOPE KELSEY TAKES THE GUY OUT IF HE IS EVER RELEASED. THE GUY SHOULD HAVE BEEN EXECUTED.

annie

TO #13, Yes its true. Kelsey has had horrific family tragedy. Not only his sister but his father was murdered as well. It was a separate incident , I think it was a shooting that happened in his father's own driveway. I can't imagine the odds of having this happen twice in your immediate family, or how terrible it has to be.

Dan

Oh no, that's German for "The Bart The".

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5