Dogfight Shaping Up in Jackson Probate

7/29/2009 10:21 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonKatherine Jackson's lawyer is officially squaring off with the two men Michael Jackson selected to handle his estate, claiming the co-executors are intentionally trying to keep Jackson's mom in the dark.

Londell McMillan just issued a statement making it clear -- he wants Katherine to become a co-executor. McMillan claims the co-executors -- John Branca and John McClain -- are not letting Katherine see the agreement Jackson signed with AEG. ... which McMillan says could be a huge source of income for the estate.

McMillan claims the co-executors are imposing unreasonable demands on Katherine -- requiring her to make special promises of confidentiality for the benefit of AEG.

The co-executors have maintained all along they were the ones Michael selected to manage the estate and they are doing their job.

One thing is clear -- it's getting ugly.

UPDATE 9:43 AM ET
Reps for the co-executors just issued a statement, saying the only thing the co-executors asked of Mrs. Jackson is a confidentiality agreement with respect to the AEG agreement but her lawyers refused. They also say it's apparent Katherine's lawyers want to "rewrite Michael's will to make Mrs. Jackson 'Guardian of the Estate' and have her appointed as an executor" ... the co-executors say it's just not what Michael wanted and he said so in his will.

JoJoBean

AEG clearly has something to hide. Also, what is with people thinking when blaming Katherine Jackson for this or that? Katherine is NOT a lawyer, if I were in the same situation, I too would depend on my hired lawyers to take the appropriate actions regarding the estate because they are the legal professionals. And for Michael not choosing a family member to be executor of the state, we all know that money (especially a huge sum of money) + family = problems. So it was a wise decision. Again, AEG what are you hiding???

tellitlikeitis

To quote a dear and distant country relative of mine.....
"It ain't as hot as it's agonna git"

Veronica Cassis

MONEY MONEY MONEY ,,,WHERE ARE THE FELLINGS ..? WHERE ARE THE FELLINGS .?

Some Faustkateer

The will DOES state that if anyone challenges, they inherit nothing. That's why momma's lawyers have been careful to state (repeatedly) that they are not challenging the will, only the executors. Legal-speak..... They are trying to cover their butts but I don't think it will work. HOPE it doesn't. Katherine (and Joe) should NOT have control over Michael's estate. He foresaw this ugliness. I hope a judge finds she HAS challenged the will.

jana lalewicz

#59 OH POOR NANA!!!!Your delusional!!! This family has a history of nothing but GREED!! The truth about the will is John Braca was a long time trusted friend of Michael Jackson. THERE IS A REASON THAT MJ LEFT HIS ESTATE IN THE HANDS OF EXECUTORS. THINK ABOUT IT. WHY WOULD HE DO THAT?? Doesn't matter if the will is old. The will is what it is. This is about Michael Jackson's wishes. If he had wanted his will changed he would have done it. Truth is, "Granny Jackson" has been living off Michael for years. She gets 40% for God's sake. If we leave the will in the hands of the Jacksons there will be nothing left for his children!!! Let "GRanny" do what she is good at & that's shutup & take care of the kids. Dont let her anywhere near the money or it will be in Joe's pocket.

tellitlikeitis

Bring it on.......hurry up already!
I love a really good legal battle!

Especially when it's a clear cut case of RIGHT vs WRONG!

GO TEAM BRANCA GO TEAM BRANCA GO TEAM BRANCA

Seerr Max

If they give control of the estate to Katherine,.....those vipers and leeches that are called siblings,........will destroy any possibility that Michael's children will ever see a dime of their monies they have coming to them. I can see cutting a check monthly to Katherine, to help raise those children,.....but anyone who lives in a 5 million dollar home, is not all that in need; I don't understand where Katherine thinks she has any rights to see how the executors are doing their job. I'm having a little trouble empathizing with a junkie,......but those children need to be protected, Michael would have wanted that.

Michael Jackson

I hope they cremate him and put his coffin on ebay. I'm ready to bid up to a dollar and a quarter for it. LOL!!!

LuvMJbad

It seems like all this family is concerned with is money, money, money! I have a son who is not famous but means the world to me and his money wouldn't mean a thing to me if he left this earth, I would be forever devestated plain and simple. I wouldn't care how many children he left me to care for, I would do anything for him and his kids. My son is my life and nothing would be more important than what his wishes were. I would do whatever he wanted me to. There are enough Jacksons out there to keep this family floating, poor MJ took care of everyone and now in his death they still are making him the provider. God Bless MJ and may he rest in peace. He has children that will need to be loved and comforted how can they do this and fight for money at the same time. MJ would not have wanted this.

DangerBaby

The AEG contract was the problem. Special administrators wanted KJ to sign a confi agreement that she would not use any contract info in legal proceedings other than probate. She refused.

Michael Jackson

I'm ready to bid up to two dollars for his bones.

frogpudding

Sure hope greedy granma gets busted for challenging the will. This is the greediest family around.Her lawyers are like MJ's Doctor!!! Know what I mean Vern///111 HaHa

yva

If anyone should know what's going on it's should be Katherine. She is Michael's Mother and has his interests at heart. Of course she wants to know who these people (AEG) are and what they were up to before her son died. There are things that she knows and conversations that she would have had with her son regarding the UK tour and she obviously wants to know the truth - It's her right.

photos?

Most people's wills ARE old. There isn't a need to change them often. Michael changed his after his last two children were born. That makes perfect sense. Then he left it alone as most people do. People don't change them every six months.

He also had a will in 1997 that had Branca in charge then too so it shows his intent.