AEG Ready to Fork Over $90,000 --- Today

7/31/2009 2:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

AEGUPDATE: TMZ has learned AEG has dropped off the $90,000 to the L.A. Police Foundation -- as promised.

We're told part of the money will go to build a memorial for fallen officers in front of the new police headquarters in downtown L.A.

AEG
is finally putting its money where its mouth is -- saying they will follow through with their promise to donate money raised at the Michael Jackson memorial to the L.A. Police Foundation.

The timing couldn't be more impeccable, considering we broke a story yesterday that the L.A. City Attorney was investigating AEG for not forking over the money.

According to the LA Times, the company plans to make a $90,000 donation today from money made on the sale of 18 suites for the July 7th memorial at the Staples Center.

As we first reported, the L.A. City Attorney is investigating AEG for holding out on the donation -- and they believe AEG should pay for sanitation, transportation, street services and LAPD protection expenses, an amount which is estimated to go into the 7 figures.

Andie

AEG had better fork over the $4 million it cost to throw their little shindig for MJ, that they will be SELLING the video of. They should definitely pay for the swat team that escorted the EMPTY casket from Forest Lawn to Staples.

mellow

48. SILENT PLAYERS BEHIND CLOSED DOORS .THE DARK WILL CLOSE THE BLUE EYES.I HANG WITH RED/GOLD STOP AND LOOK UP.LOS MAS + CA,NV,ET AL Posted at 1:58PM on Jul 31st 2009 by Puppet Master hint

Well of course silent players stay behind closed doors if they come out and talk they are caught. you hang in the 3fold pix with the poem look up to what sky, crown molding, frame ..... los mas is spanish for ? CA stuff going on here now NV casinos, the AEG meeting w Michael, Joe Jackhole lives there, Rebbie lives there kids will too soon enough.
blue eyes? blue eyed devils? blue eyed deity ? puzzled out man

Dixie

The child molestation trial was in Santa Barbara County, not in LA. Sorry to be off topic, I just keep reading the comments on this thread saying that and referring to LA.

I'm glad AEG at least paid up as they promised they would.

LALosAngelesLA

Doesn't JJ has blue eyes?

Chico

maira

Thanks Tee!
Ari, los mas is spanish for "the most", in plural, as in los mas ricos del mondo, the most rich guys in the world. On the other board, PM said I SAIL WEST/EAST MY EYES LOOK UP AND SEE THE NORTH STAR,ENLIGHTEN MY LIFE ,I WALK THRU THE VALLEY,7 PILLARS FALL WITH-IN THE TREES.PENNA I AM WINGS LIFT ME,WE ALL ARE THE WORLD.
Joe jackson has blue/green eyes, I think.

barb

53. I cannot get any posts through. TMZ says "U did it!", but it does not go through to my personal email. I want to post some interesting stuff, but can't. Della, Tell, Ronnie, T, Mullins, Deb...anybody else have this problem? Any suggestions? I'm going to the third email to see if it goes through. Help please.

Posted at 2:42PM on Jul 31st 2009 by Chico
-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

That's happened to me, it's a word the robot doesn't like and the post won't go through to email. I had the devil of a time Sat. night deleting and editing until it finally went through, and there were no obvious words that should have caused moderation. By the time I could confirm the email and post everyone had moved on.

Charly

There's nothing like a little TMZ pressure and the threat of bad publicity to make AEG do the right thing. Though I'm sure AEG will be telling us they were planning to hand over the money along. Yeah right.

maira

Della,
"Murray met the entertainer in 2006 when he and his three children moved to the gambling mecca.
Jackson subsequently offered him a full-time job as his personal physician for a series of comeback concerts in London; and in May, Murray closed practices in Las Vegas and Houston to take the position."

LALosAngelesLA

LAFD has red/gold engines.

Lori

Puppet

I know who you are

maira

The pair met in Las Vegas in 2006, when Murray treated one of Jackson's children at the recommendation of one of Jackson's bodyguards.

Saultxyca

It's a good start, provided the cheque clears. ... If they welch on the remainder, AEG will stand for something very different (than its full name) in the public perception. Kudos, TMZ.

Cali MJ Fan

Why is the money going towards a memorial when the city is BROKE? They can do that later when they have money. That $90k should go towards the funds LA is crying about they didn't have... and the CITY should make that statement ASAP.

LA is making themselves look worse and worse to Californians... and the world... for how they have handled this whole situation with MJ.

Someone should investigate THEM - and send them to a cohesiveness seminar or fifty. Nothing like going in 20 different directions at once. No wonder they are broke!

Della

i have been posting to you and mullins all over the place.. and to puppet who has yet to respond... so i accept your apology since u did respond now.

lets move on... i'm confused. all this jumping around has made me crazy. my head hurts. we got off point. i read the post that u and mullins were posting the other nite and thought I had figured it out. now i don't know anymore. I thought i had figured it out. but i'm confused again.

then I couldnt get u to respond to me anymore.
so i'm a little upset right now. u guys said u wouldnt post until late at nite which left me out in the cold and yeah it made me mad... so i don't know what to think. i'm not ignoring u. i have a few more things to finish up before i leave work for the day. and its busy and i'm by myself and all hell broke loose, so my mind is scattered so if u can respond to my questions and help me out a little. i would appreciate it.