Jermaine Jackson -- Smile for Apple

8/4/2009 7:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael Jackson's special administrators want the estate to cash in on a song one of his brothers performed at the memorial, but time is of the essence.

In docs filed with the court, lawyers for the estate say they've negotiated a very favorable agreement for the estate with Apple Inc., for the promotion, distribution and sale of the audio and audiovisual recordings of Jermaine Jackson's performance of the song, "Smile" at the memorial service.

They claim there is currently "a heightened demand for such products due to Jermaine Jackson's moving performance during the memorial service, which may diminish over time."

But they need to act quick, so they're asking the judge to approve the deal ... ASAP.

wondering

There is something about Jermaine that is very odd. he wrote a song dissing michael "word to the bad" and was rumored to have written a tell all book that pretty much backs what Latoya said in her tell all. I don't know if it's his plastic comic book hair or what but something is off about that man.

Candy Ann

What a surprise.....a Jackson (Jermaine) trying to profit from Michael's death...Why do the Jacksons act like vultures? Have they no shame? Does anyone wonder why Michael kept himself and his kids away from them? They are all leeches who will try to suck every last dime out of Michael's death?

moonwalker

I love Jermaine. He is so hot. I'd love to have one night with him.

TCYB

I think this is a very nice tribute. The song was beautiful, heartfelt, and full of emotion. It is better than what Elton John did for Marilyn and Diana. .

HumanNature

RIP!!!!

MyThoughts

Cashing in on a Memorial Service for a family member is rather disturbing, no matter who is behind it. And, they even admit it won't be long before people DON'T want it. Wow. If thats not cashing in, I don't know what is. Its becoming more clear every day why Michael Jackson was like he was. Hells bells, I'd be a loner, too.

barb

If the Jacksons don't have money they might steal from Paris, Prince and Blanket.

Photogal

John Mayer performing "Human Nature" at Michael Jackson's Memorial Tribute was the best! I'd buy it!

Mariah

#62 (Human Nature):

MJ's version is on the HIStory: Past, Present, Future album.

BrancaFan2

61. I WANT THE ORIGINAL SONG, SUNG BY "THE KING OF POP", MICHAEL JACKSON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RIP!!!!

Posted at 10:19PM on Aug 4th 2009 by HumanNature

----------------
Why would you when Jerm does his best imitation of Michael....

Winsome Davis III

They better use auto-tune cuz that guy sucked.

Mariah

Mr. Beasley:

I agree. I wouldn't know who to trust either. No wonder he thought that at least the ones he directly paid would do right by him. Not so much, huh? (Love the 'hell's bells', haven't heard that in a while!)

Woo Hoo!!!!

I'm guessing Jermaine Jackson started the rumors about there being a "high demand" for MJ products since his "touching performance" aka publicity performance.

Dixie

45. THATS WHY JERMAINE WANTED TO SING AT HIS BROTHERS FUNERAL. IT was a total "notice me" moment. It sickend me to watch his greedy behind up on stage like it was his comeback tour.

Posted at 9:09PM on Aug 4th 2009 by forreal

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
That is exactly what I thought, when I watched the memorial! Then Jermaine standing up and protesting he was Michaels backbone or something to that effect!?? Pfft. I think Jermain is as sleezy as Joe. I saw it advertised Jermaine will be on Larry King Live , this coming friday for an hour long show. It's just sickening, what he's doing to Michael, even in death. Like wanting to bury MJ at Neverland! MJ said he never wanted to go back there!

Dixie

The lyrics for the original word to the badd. Jermaine wrote it about Michael.

What up yo, word to the badd

Reconstructed
Been abducted
Don't know who you are
They may love you
they don't know you
Lonely superstar
never think about who you love
only think about number one
You forget about where you started from
You only think about what you want
don't care about how it's done
you only think about you, your throne
Be it right or be it wrong

It ain't about your world

Once you were made
You changed your shade
Was your color wrong?
Could not turn back
It's a known fact
You were too far gone
You know I tried to be there for you
Like a brother I care for you
It didn't matter you always play me off
You only care about what you want
You don't care about how it's done
You only think about you, your throne
Be it right or wrong

It ain't about your world
It ain't about the things that you do
If you don't care, I don't care
Cause you keep thinkin' 'bout you
It ain't about you takin' my pie
You been takin' for a long time
If you don't care, I don't care
If you keep
Well I ain't thinkin' 'bout you
Oh no no, I ain't thinkin' 'bout you
Oh no

What up yo, word to the badd

Thinkin' about that pie that you've been takin' from me
From a brother to another brother hard to believe
Lost and don't know it yet you still show it
Givin' seems to be harder than it is to receive
The glass has gotten shady, time to make it clearer,
Clean it up and lets start with the Man in the mirror.
Theres sadness there brother, aint no mistaken it,
Get a grip cause youre not far from breakin it.
Thinkin about the time when we used to be close,
It shouldnt be past tense, cause nobody knows,
What the future may hold, what tomorrow might bring,
Its not guaranteed that youll be spreading your wings

But meanwhile, I continue to smile, cause in the back of my head,
I know you're still a child
You say that your a man, but that will never be
unless the day comes when you can lean on me

Gone too far, ya better turn back, I know who you are
You know where Im at, sad but its true, from me to you.
Pick up the phone, Dont be alone, step off the throne, come back home