Paula Abdul

Tweets Bye-Bye to Idol

8/5/2009 12:19 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Abdul Guess who just blinked in American Idol's high stakes game of chicken? Paula Abdul says she's leaving the show.

She just tweeted this:

"With sadness in my heart, I've decided not to return to Idol. I'll miss nurturing all the new talent, but most of all being a part of a show that I helped from day 1 become an international phenomenon."

Sources have told TMZ that Paula's been negotiating for a big raise, and the deadline was this week because rehearsals are about to start.

So, hardball negotiation ploy on Paula's part or the real deal?

Stay tuned...

More Today in TMZ History

hwiheather

i won't watch if she's not on the show!

ABB

Me-me-me-me, me-me-me, me-me-me, me-me-me,

americanme

Good time to leave I think for Paula as the show is going downhill. It used to be a good show but over the last couple of years it seems boring and like too many people have their hands in the pie. None of this is Paula's fault. And to you that think she is greedy? Guess again, its not her making $15 million a year to look cheesy and try to be cutesy saying"right after the break." So compared to Ryan Seacrest pay her paultry $2 million is very low. I dont blame her for leaving. ANd if the AI people think Kyra is going to fill her void....think again. She is a nobody trying to be a somebody and is a bitch in doing so. She thinks she has arrived but the bad thing is she has no idea where. As for as the rumors of drinking or pills...who hasnt you bunch of hypocrites. EIther you are jealous or clueless.

love her!

I will actually miss her zany antics~ She was fun to watch on there & to be honest I think Kara is dry and boring and a bitch. Especially by feeling threatened by bikini girl. I will most likely NOT watch Idol any more

Rania

So now that Paula is gone we are stuck with Kara? This sucks big time. I hope AI wises up and give Paula what she wants. But if Paula leaves I guarantee Idol will even go lower in ratings.

Yeah Paula is spacey. But she was good fun to watch. She was the kind one and her fights with Simon were hilarious. Paula will be missed.

CRTB

I love Paula and the show will not be the same without her. Get rid of Kara and Randy instead. Why should Ryan and Simon make the big bucks and not Paula? If Ryan is getting 15 million then Paula should get 20 million! Randy should get 10 and Kara should get 1.

Chris

She better rethink that. Clearly, she's too disorganized and mismanaged to get her recording career back on track. Staying on Idol may be the best that she can do, at this point.

trre

this bitch quit's EVERY season of idol, it's done for headlines

Stardust

Paula knows what talent is, you lot don't

Noneya

No more American Idol for me. At least Paula was interesting. Kara is a bore.

Jerry Martin

I hope it's true. She sucks.

Alex Edwards

This last season of AI was a total disappointment. And without Paula Abdul to provide a little comic relief with her sometimes awkward, sometimes endearing personality - I think I'm calling it quits as a fan of the show. I've been suckered in since the first season and I think it's about time for me to move on to something more exciting and fresh: RuPaul's Drag Race. Sorry to see you go, Paula, darling! You're really something special!

Diana

Attention all Fans of Paula Abdul! Boycott AI ! It's not fair that everyone got a hefty raise except Paula. The show won't be the same without her. What's her name, Kara, has 0 personality!

seller1254

If Paula leaves AI, then AI is going to lose a lot of viewers!!!

Receptionitis15

SO OBVS that they planned this by bringing in Kara last year. I knew it then.