The Search for the Next Billy Mays

8/6/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy MaysIt'll be hard to find anyone to fill that blue shirt quite like Billy Mays -- but the marketing company behind Mighty Brand products is prepping a nationwide search for a new pitchman to take his place.

Media Enterprises
tells us the hunt will begin August 19 with auditions in Tampa, FL -- and will continue throughout the country. We're told Mays' image will remain on the Mighty products, but the company is looking for someone with as much enthusiasm as Billy to sell it.

The first product the new person would be pitching is the Mighty Sponge -- a sponge so strong it can allegedly absorb 2 liters of Coke.

The gig could end up being pretty lucrative for whoever nails it -- for one of his last commercials, Mays was paid seven figures for one day's work.

Talk about an easy sell.

John

I nominate Dax Holt!

bzokc

Paula Abdul is the obvious choice.

Mary

Vince the pitchman for "ShamWow" and the "Slap Chop" would be a good choice

mamajj

Hi Dax Holt here for Oxiclean! LMAO!

balls

balls

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Please nail this screamer's coffin shut!!!

Jerry Martin

Anyone but the shamwow jerk. That guy is a body opening and I wish the hooker had beat him up worse than she did.

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Wow. He'd roll over in his own grave if it weren't for the Mighty Mend. :-o

Real

Arnie Klein, Dr. Loflein, Dionnne Warwick, Judge Sheindlin, Judge Mathis (Detroit), Joan Rivers or Gary Coleman will fill the bill. Conan & Jay have been dismissed because of "diversity" issues. Oh, Mikey's "doctor" needs some $$$ to pay those lawyers too. He's a good candidate as well.

Pay up America!

Jezzy

OMG, NO!! I've been enjoying the quieter commercials as of late.
Well I'll use my MUTE button again for some other loud-mouth bastard.

z1ny

Wow, what's wrong at TMZ, I guess you can only regurgitate the same 3 Michael Jackson stories just so many times, huh?
How is this remotely interesting?

Vince Shlomi

I think I would be great for the freaking job!!!! oh wait... I have a felony battery charge on my record now for beating the @#$% out of Miss Harris... hmmm...think they can look past that? love...the Sham Wow guy...

Root of the MCP

How about Matthew Lesko? He could sell "question marks" to one who thinks he has all the answers. Look him up on wikipedia and you will see what I mean.

Linda Mott

HARVEY LEVIN! He could get an Eskimo (I hope this is politically correct) to buy a refrigerator.

Kurtf

That's ridiculous. Their will never be another Billy Mays. Don't even bother trying to find another. He was one of a kind.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments