The Search for the Next Billy Mays

8/6/2009 2:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy MaysIt'll be hard to find anyone to fill that blue shirt quite like Billy Mays -- but the marketing company behind Mighty Brand products is prepping a nationwide search for a new pitchman to take his place.

Media Enterprises
tells us the hunt will begin August 19 with auditions in Tampa, FL -- and will continue throughout the country. We're told Mays' image will remain on the Mighty products, but the company is looking for someone with as much enthusiasm as Billy to sell it.

The first product the new person would be pitching is the Mighty Sponge -- a sponge so strong it can allegedly absorb 2 liters of Coke.

The gig could end up being pretty lucrative for whoever nails it -- for one of his last commercials, Mays was paid seven figures for one day's work.

Talk about an easy sell.

doc murry

they could save money because the idiots that actually buy that crap would never know the difference if they just put up a picture of billy mays and did voice overs like in all the jap movies,maybe he will be chosen to do the voice overs for the new michael jackson star studded epic movie in production right now..coming soon to a movie house near you.....and the verizon center of course..50 dollar s a ticket with 1 dollor from every ticket sold going to man-child foundation ..run by joe jackson of course

GrandmaDynamite

HI.....BILLY MAYS HERE.....SPEAKING FROM THE GRAVE!!!!!
GOD DON'T WANT ME YET......GOT MORE USELESS PRODUCTS TO $ELL!!!!!

Wombat

Darn! Can you wait 3 years? I mean, if you want someone who is the best at selling absolute crap that does not work to the American people, then you have to get Obama...but I don't think he can do it until 2012 when we vote him out of office.

Topeka

When I started to watch the show called Pitchmen with Billy and Sully, I grew to really like Billy Mays. They can search all they want, but there won't be another Billy Mays. I miss him and his booming voice!

MindTerrorist

WHO GIVES A RATS ASS!!!!!

233

I am sooooo sorry that we are going to have to put up with another effing screamer. I boycott any product that is pushed with obnoxious, repetative comercials. Guess, I don't buy much!! I'll NEVER buy a Toyota, just saying.....

Beth

I'm sorry this guy died, but please save us from another one just like him. I hated his commercials and would never buy anything that he promoted. His screaming voice irritated the crap out of me. The mute button and I became very close friends.

Sofia

Get the sham wow gut. What is this a survey to see who we say the most. Billy Mays is first

don't trust 'em

Use that Guy that did the Cheese Grater thing, and the Sham Wows!!! He is pretty good! USE HIM! So far I think he is the best convincing guy there is.
Seriously...

don't trust 'em

Use the Sham Wow guy...he is the best convincing guy there is. and he is still young. He pretty much convinced me with the cheese grater thing. Use him already!

shirliana

AN EXCELLENT CHOICE WOULD BE THE MAN THAT DOES THE COMMERCIAL FOR **SHAMWOW ** AND NOW HE DOES THE COMMERCIAL FOR **SLAP CHAP ***.
WHEN HE DOES HIS COMMERCIAL, HE REMINDS ME OF THE DEAR MAN THAT PASSED AWAY. THE ENERGY THAT VINCE BRINGS IS FANTASTIC.
THAT WOULD BE OUR CHOICE....

moretolife

The ShamWow guy would be perfect! He has good flow and he's kinda cute!

kim

Please, hurry! I'm getting tired of seeing a dead man hocking his goods onTV. What's up with that?

jenny

7 figures for one day's work...no one makes a million for one days work not even angelina jolie or jim carrey STOP LYING ABOUT how much money celebrities make !! u doin it just to make an average person feel bad?

http://www.jennystgirls.com - mmmm shemales

carmen

they need to do a reality show to find the replacement. anything less would be un-enterprising.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments