MJ's Final Resting Place -- No Visitors, Please

8/18/2009 11:20 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

If you're planning on going to Michael Jackson's burial site at Forest Lawn Memorial Park and dropping off some flowers, think again -- the mausoleum where he's being buried on August 29 isn't open to the public.

The Great Mausoleum -- where stars like Clark Gable and Jean Harlow were laid to rest -- is considered a private area, where only property owners and family members are allowed to go. It's monitored by security cameras to catch any trespassers who snoop around.

Graceland, it is not.

janalal4

Nice comments some of you are making. Maybe someone should hump the eye sockets of some of your dead relatives. RESPECT FOR THE DEAD???

Phil Myballs

balls

FeatherLight

Wow Looks like a castle.

Maryl

A Museum of some sort to show respect to him in some way-like a museum of some sort-I think that is a great way to show respect and for people to really get to see who MJ was as a person instead of trying to pay respect at his grave (or try to anyway).

Michelle

No disrespect but it is a cemetery. And a very large one at that. There will be other funerals that day with loved ones burying their own. I hope if any fans do go, that they are quiet and respectful to the other people visiting or burying their dead.

7. It's a shame that they can't have a special memorial area open to the public.

Posted at 11:29AM on Aug 18th 2009 by Linda Mott

Jo

RIP Michael, at least the world can finally leave you in peace now.

Rest well.

janalal4

This is a beautiful & peaceful looking place. Seems like a great choice. A private place where his children can come & be left alone. Nice!

Angelique

# 8 Are you in a Satanic cult that what it sounds like to me uriating on a grave that is not a normal thinking sounds like you are out of touch will reality. Go seek so mental help or have a priest pray over you. That is and sounds disgusting joking or not that is gross who in there right mind would say such a thing like that.

MJ WAS A JUNKIE

TOO BAD SO SAD FOR ALL THE FANS WHO CAN'T GO

af001

it's sad his fans won't get to visit his grave b/c of a**wholes who post hateful comments about him on this site. if this is the way he'll rest respectfully w/dignity then so be it. always in my heart MJ. u r an angel. i can hear u singing in heaven.

Brad

Wow I guess I have to face reality, and come out of my denial stage. MJ is actually dead. I was holding out hope that maybe this was all just a hoax, but I guess it's real. It will take me a long time to get over MJ's death, well maybe I'll never be able to cope with it. I'm 20 years old, and he's been apart of my life since i was a baby. i just cannot accept that he is no longer here. This is the end of music. So sad. RIP MJ

Nance

I'm glad it's going to be over.

barb

Finally he will be a peace!! I hope some of you commentors will rot in hell for the total disrespect doe the Children and family of MJ

jd

I love MICHAEL JACKSON
Forever and forever
I love MICHAEL JACKSON
Forever and forever
I love MICHAEL JACKSON
Forever and forever
I love MICHAEL JACKSON
Forever and forever
I love MICHAEL JACKSON
Forever and forever

wow

Michael's gentle soul is gone.
The Jackson family made the best choice for him in a nice and peaceful place.
I will light a canddle and will pray for him saturday.
Micheal will be always in my heart.