Kelis -- Nas Makes a Friggin' Fortune

8/20/2009 6:59 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Kelis -- Nas There's a bottom line to the divorce between Kelis and Nas, and it's money, money, money.

According to docs filed by Kelis' lawyer, disso queen Laura Wasser, the financial wizards have reviewed the earning of both parties to the divorce, and they've come to these conclusions.

-- Nas pulls in $244,826 a month
-- Kelis rakes in a relatively paltry $13,744 a month
-- Kelis should get child support totaling $17,225 a month
-- Kelis should get spousal support totaling $72,728
-- Nas should pay retro child support totaling $29,522
-- Nas should pay retro spousal support totaling $281,571

Sarah

maryann1204 -

I see you didn't really deny just being a baby momma. Truth hurts, huh? And it's a good thing you're so able to take care of yourself. Since he had babies with you but won't marry you, I'm guessing he doesn't plan on being around forever.

Anyways, I'm out.

Ta-ta!

maryann1204

dumb bitch sarah. if you read my first comment it said "my husband". you stupid dumb bitch. f*ck you and the horse you rode in on! this is my last reply to your nonsense

j

Sarah, show me where that is stated law. She can ask for whatever she wants, the courts will decide what is fair. There is NO LAW stating that child support is a certain percentage of someone's income. The courts determine what is a fair amount, and how much the child will need. There, I answered your question, now answer mine.....Does it take 207,000 dollars to properly take care of a child per year? Or do you think she is trying to get some of that money for herself????? Really, how can you spend that much on one child? Grow up.

Mary P

Umm... Sarah #6... I wasn't aware his income he made from residuals from before he met her totaling $72k wasn't enough. Aside from that - what the kid is used to? They split before the baby was even born, and if she can't provide a "nice" lifestyle on $13k a month alone.. and needs ANOTHER $70K, to meet it, she's got her own problems. Not only does she get the $30k a month, she needs all that spousal support because records indicated she's FLAT ASS BROKE.

TAMMY

i dont think a gold digger woman like she should get all that money woman think that there mans hard earned fortune is suppose to be there at the end of there relationship

alexa

The money that she is requesting is absolutely ridiculous. It does NOT take that much money to raise a child (Unless your Katie Holmes). It's fair that she wants child and spousal support but she's being greedy. She is still young and it is obviously showing in her actions. She is still mad that he broke up with her and this is her revenge. I hope she does not get that. Even $13k is more than enough. And if you have a lifestyle that wastes that much money on your "lifestyle" when other people are dying of hunger then you've got serious issues and belong in therapy! I hope (really hope) her request gets denied!!

Tabitha

NAS should pay child support. NOT GREEDY BITCH SUPPORT!!!!! The rule shouldn't be that a child NEEDS 50 ponies a month. The rule should be how many ponies is enough? No child needs 72,000.00 a month-NO CHILD! End of story. It's about making him pay for whatever she's mad at. I'm sorry, but people are paying way past what it takes to care for a child. My ex NEVER pays anything at all. If he were rich I would only expect him to pay for the child. NOT my living the "life style". My kid would be ok with what he should be paying right now.

dreamoftheangels

JR:

New York state child support law says that the child support percentage is 17% of the combined income when there is one child. The percentages increase with the number of children. When there are two children the percentage increases to 25%. The minimum amount of child support that must be paid is $25.00 per month even if the parent is unemployed.

e.

Get your own money Bi0tch!

shuffler

One suspects a lot of hate being involved in the request for extraction of these maximum moneys.

Mike

Stories like these really piss me off.

Omitting the retro stuff, and assuming she gets what she wants, her monthly take will be $103,697.00 (Spousal plus child plus her monthly earnings)

His monthly will be $154,873.00 (his monthly minus spousal and child support).

So they will have close to the same amount per month but he has to work for it and she has to do nothing for it. This is in no way fair.

scott is yummy.

her career is down the toilet and it's going to stay there. if she attempts any future cd's or concerts i hope they boo her ass off stage. being a greedy slime bag is not very becoming of you kelis.

Tupac

I think Sarah must be busted ol' Kelis in disguise, cuz she's not making a lick of sense. She's twisting everyone's words and calling everyone names.

Better to be quiet and be thought a fool, then to speak and remove all doubt.

BTW, you really shouldn't call people retarded. How old are you?

Jenn

You people are killing me. Sarah is not saying that he should pay her 100K per month she is simply saying he should pay for his child that he made. Do the math, the child support they are asking him to pay is 7% of his monthly earnings. That is nothing to take care of YOUR child. You may think that it is greedy or selfish, but if she has sole custody asking his accountant to send a itty bitty 7% a month is far from greedy or selfish. It is called being a responsible father and taking care of his child financially.
I don't think she should get spousal support by any means, they were not married for long at all. That is for the court to decide and if she gets any support hopefully it will just be for the medical bills she incurred giving birth to THEIR son. He laid with her and made this baby. She should not expect to raise him and pay for him on her own without any assistance from the father. Nas hasn't paid any child support this far, didn't help with any medical bills related to the birth, and came drunk to the hospital when he was born. No one knows why they split, but just because she left doesn't mean that she has to take care of the baby emotionally and financially by herself. This isn't 1950 people.
Come on do you really think paying 7% of your monthly income is too much for your child? Most of you probably pay more than that for your car insurance or grocerys.

Kim

Kelis should shut the hell up! Why are most women turning a bady/child into a meal ticket. When my childs father decided he did'nt want the responsibilty...I next him. I did'nt want a cent from him, did'nt contact him, I said screw him. He saw me years later and wanted answers. I kept moving and my son turned out to be a very good man. That "father" regrets his choices but I don't regret my son. Oh, and I made no where near Kelis makes

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments