Michael Jackson Movie Release Date Moved Up

8/21/2009 10:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Michael JacksonThe Michael Jackson concert rehearsal movie will be coming sooner than expected to a theater near you ... two days early.

Sony has announced that "Michael Jackson: This Is It" will begin its two-week theater run on October 28, instead of October 30 as originally planned. The move gives the studio a two-day jump on the busy Halloween weekend.

Tickets for the movie will go on sale September 27, more than a month before the movie even opens.

As for the action today in court, Randy Jackson is among several people expected to testify today about a pending deal with concert promoter AEG to do a tour of Jackson memorabilia. AEG wants to get the deal with Jackson's estate approved quickly to time the tour with the release of the movie.

There's some push back among members of the Jackson family, who are bitter over AEG and Jackson's death, and who believe AEG is getting too much money for the memorabilia tour.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fang

i'm looking forward to seeing the movie.

Tstorm

Dixie / Human Nature / R-Team :

puppet master was scared off early on .... I believe he/ she has resurfaced . when Pm was on teh board it woul deither go eerily silent from people just watching ... or we would get blasted heavily by trolls ..... there ahve also been several PM impersonaters.... hang in there . keep asking questions ...

the truth is out there somewhere

K

It will be a nightmare trying to get tickets.

Becca

There are many of us on these boards
that have been fans of MJ's for over 30
years! We did not "go away" or loose interest
in him after the trial, or after he "got weird",
or left the country for a while. The NEWS
that trickled in about MJ was getting a little
more ominous, strange, and uncomfortable.
There are some of us who do not LIKE what
his family are doing, or how they are portraying
themselves, we base our OPINIONS on many,
many years of following MJ's life.
Speaking for MYSELF, I don't really need
someone on these boards telling me I don't
have a right to my opinion after YEARS of
MY support for MJ. I have purchased every
record and cd since he/I was a child.
No one needs to tell me that I am a hater
for refusing to spend $$$$ on this hype.
I have/would have done that while he was
living. There will be millions made, the
children will be wealthy.
My opinions about Jermaine, Randy, Joe,
and Katherine will never change and I am
proud to say, my views have changed other's
opinions about them as well! Maybe not on
these boards, but within my extended family
and friends.
I am on these boards because I AM a fan and
his story is not complete yet. I would have
never really dreamed that it would have turned
out THIS bad... and sad, and the FAMILY who
does want us in their twisted live$, is partly
to blame.

ana

i dont understand y did he had to go dat too now..??
i really want him back at any cost..
i wont judge his family or any1 only thing i knw is i love MICHAEL JACKSON n d ones whom he loveSS..
only thing i would like to say is NICHAEL IS NEVER WRONG WATever he did watsoever any1 says he is always RIGHT n i believe him watever he says is a crystal clear truth 4 me i trust him blindly n he deserves it

ana

i dont understand y did he had to go dat too now..??
i really want him back at any cost..
infact he has to live forever
i wont judge his family or any1 only thing i knw is i love MICHAEL
JACKSON n d ones whom he loveSS..
only thing i would like to say is MICHAEL JACKSON IS NEVER WRONG WATever he
did watsoever any1 says he is always RIGHT n i believe him watever he
says is a crystal clear truth 4 me i trust him blindly n he deserves
it
and i request all of u 2 pray 2 god to return michael back to us he is ours plzzz...
sounds insane bt i will go to any extent to get him back

Vanessa

Michael speech at london 15 june 2002:

Michael said: Good art never dies & I promise you the best is yet to come!!

I think some didn`t like it... c o n s p i r a c y ?? the whole thing stinks! There`s more to find about this on the web..

Della

To Dixie/Research Team:

I was one of the original players in the PM game:

I will assist you as best I can. You are doing great...follow the money.. remember something else that was said. TMZ has great archives.
check the archives. keywords

everything begins and ends at Neverland

keep searching for the truth... remember this. when PM leaves you a clue, it's very subtle. not overtly obvious either. you have to keep you eyes open.

Della

To Dixie/Research Team:

I have one other piece of advice.. Turn off the static.

The noise is a distraction. Learn to work as a team. Learn each others posting habits. That way you can distinguish the noise from the real.

stewie griffin

super...who cares?

atabaw

These greedy people, the family and MJ's concert people are going to milk the death for all its worth - they are nothing but greedy money hungry people - knowing them and their greed, they are prob. happy that MJ died - I guess now they figure that they now can finally be in the spotlight and milk it for all its worth - shame on them all.

ritzygal

Leonard Rowe is testifying today too. If you've seen him on Larry King (with Joe Jackson), then you know that Katherine is just a puppet in all of this. Joe is running the show. Don't be surprised if the kids show up on tv being interviewed by Barbra Walters or Diane Sawyer.

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

many are prob. happy that MJ died -