Hugh Hefner

Sued by Estranged Wife

8/22/2009 2:06 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hugh Hefner's estranged wife is suing the Playboy king, claiming he owes her more than $5 million.

0821-hef-getty-53215041-ex-6.jpeg
Here's the spread. Kimberley Conrad married Hef back in 1989. They had a prenup. Approximately 9 years later they split but never divorced. When they separated, they signed an amendment to the prenup which guaranteed Kimberley a ton of money.

For 10 years, Kimberley has been living in the house next to the Playboy mansion with their two sons. Everything was going swimmingly, until Hef decided to sell the house this year. According to the lawsuit, filed in L.A. County Superior Court, Hef allegedly announced he was not going to honor the agreement anymore and she had 9 months to get out of the house.

The money issues are complicated, but the bottom line -- Kim says Hef owes her more than $5 mil.

Hef tells TMZ: "I was surprised and saddened to learn of press reports that Kimberly Hefner, from whom I have been separated for over 10 years, has apparently filed suit claiming that I owe her $5 million.

"Because neither I nor my attorneys have seen the suit I cannot comment on any of the specific allegations. However, contrary to what has been reported, I have always honored all of my obligations to Kimberly, and in fact I have provided her with substantial funds in excess of the agreed upon amount, and well in excess of any amount suggested or required under California law.

"I am quite confident that when all the facts are known it will become clear that all of my financial obligations throughout the marriage have been generously dealt with."

jess

First!

Mr Wirehead

Linda Mott

It seems that Hollywood is always suing someone. They live the fast life and burn out quickly. Maybe Jerry O'Connel is correct on becoming a lawyer as long as it is a celebrity law that he is practicing.

Homie1Kanobe

Why does Heff owe her 5 Million? Sex? I don't think so....

shuffler

As protest, I'll not buy nor rent Playboy products, ever. Hang on, I haven't done that in years. Carry on.

Angel

If it's in the prenup then he has to pay up. They were married and she has two children with him. Pay up Hef.

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9 years is enough time,pack it up an get to stepping

Tinalouise

IF This is all true it is pretty cruel to sell the house that your own kids live in and basically leave them homeless. There seems to be more to this story because Hef doesn't seem to be a douchbag kind of guy but who knows....

Lori

Wow, she looks like a crack whore.

JoeKing'sAJerk

A serious case of the Whateves goes to Joe King, for his brilliant display of ignorance.

Dave Evans

I'm putting Heff in my dead pool for this year, he has to be worth at least 50 points

Lori in Chicago

Ewww... she had 2 kids with him... That's worth more than $5 million... He can't just kick her out of the house if those are his children... Makes me appreciate my nice quiet life.... Disgusting what people will do for money....

.:Loki 4Ever:.

They arent children.. they are grown!

danger baby

Heartless Bast**rrrd. He provided for her and the children for ten years then said "gig's up"? "Forget the agreement"? I don't think so. I hope she hired Wasser to represent.

Los Angeles

Her cousin married Steve Tish the MOVIE producer. Big *oker...
Beverly Hill Hill Billys that cashed in BIG $$$$.

LOL