Chris Brown 'Depressed' Since the Attack

8/25/2009 7:46 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Chris Brown claims he's been "depressed" ever since his February attack on Rihanna.

The statement was part of a probation report released after today's sentencing, in which Brown was also quoted as saying he "does not want to carry on that cycle."

Today, Brown was sentenced to 5 years probation and 180 days of community labor -- probably won't help with his depression issues.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5

s jules

he is just a walking piece of trash who is taking up my air on this planet. can we throw him off the planet? he needs to go where all the other wife-beaters go..... [yes, I know they are not married].

iknowiwasthere

Harvey, how much did CB pay you to run 3 stories on his sorry A$$??

He depressed??? I will show you some depression in northern cali!!!

Geeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzz!

Mickey von Dutch

He didn't look all that depressed to me on that vacation he took shortly after. What a load of @###.

kellyb

What a sack of shi*, he ought to be locked up like a dog! Let Bubba kick his arse and see how he likes it.

Elizabeth

Depressed??!!! poor baby. GOOD!!!!! There's no reason-for a man- to hit a woman!! NONE! I don't even care if she hit you first!!! I'm not a Bible thumping "turn the other cheek" person, but men just don't hit women. Period. Maybe makes me out of date to some people, I don't care. You grew up in an "abuse situation?" I don't care!! Putting your hands on a woman-again, as a man-is cowardly.
Fortunately I have raised my son with this attitude. It just should not be tollerated.

Elizabeth

clarify: I raised my son NOT to hit women.

NATHAN

I'D BE DEPRESSED TOO, 1. THAT I KILLED MY OWN CAREER 2. THAT I LOST A BABE LIKE RHIANNA

bman

Maybe he can go see MJ`s doc to get some meds for his depression

jump

If chris "douchebag" brown is drepressed maybe he should stop sexually abusing and beating the hell out of women

Tonya

I could care less that Brown has been depressed. I think he got a light sentence. Celebrities with money - you know the story. He's a monster like it or not. Once an abuser, always an abuser. I don't care if I ever see his face again much less, I don't want to hear his music. What a lame-o piece of crap for a human being. I hope his career is over and he has to work a regular job like the rest of us. Better get to steppin' on that sentence! Freak.

IJustCantBelieveIt

"29. You know what I would love to read in tommorow's edition of TMZ. "Chris Brown, depressed over the specter of his sentence, decides to take his own life." Chris, if you're reading this, put a gun in your mouth and pull the damn trigger. Do humanity a favor. Please, I beseech you, end it NOW, you ugly, spineless sac of dog crap.

Posted at 7:26PM on Aug 25th 2009 by samantha"
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

How dare you wish that upon someone?You are the most evil person on the face of the planet.It seems true that people are actually worse than the people that they judge.Why don't YOU kill yourself because you are too evil to live.I am serious, you really need to re-evaluate yourself.That comment was totally inappropriate and uncalled for.

And Chris,if you are reading this,I hope you do the absolute opposite of what these haters say.I hope you stay alive to live through your entire probation,live well and make the right decisions so you wont go to prison.Ignore these people,they are stupid[especially Samantha]!

sensible grandma

HE'S DEPRESSED ONLY BECAUSE HE GOT CAUGHT. POOR LITTLE SICKO. NO MAN OR WOMAN HAS THE RIGHT TO PUT THEIR HANDS ON ANOTHER PERSON NO MATTER WHAT THE REASON. MR. IMMATURITY, THAT'S WHAT HE IS. THE NEXT GIRLFRIEND HAD BETTER WATCH OUT. AN ABUSER JUST DOESN'T STOP ON HIS OWN. HOPE HE IS GETTING HELP.

ANONYMOUS

Him going to a Bar rt. away - that does not show good taste. Is he nuts? He beat her - I don't care if she started it. He is a big nut. Guess he doesn't care if he goes to jail or not. I hope the system works & they put him where he belongs. He needs to learn a lesson & evidently he has not.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5