DJ AM Dies -- Celebrities Turn to Twitter

8/28/2009 7:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMThe following messages have been left by various celebrities on their Twitters since the death of DJ AM.

John Mayer: In complete shock.

Lindsay Lohan: i can't believe this.. i'm in shock. why? why? r.i.p. adam.

Alyssa Milano: May you rest in peace, Adam. You touched many with your light and will be missed like crazy.

Ryan Seacrest: So sad the hear about adam. a very kind and generous guy.

Dr. Drew
: I lack the words to describe my feelings.

Ashton Kutcher: much love to my boy AM.

Soliel Moon Frye
: Thank you for bringing so much music and inspiration to peoples lives. Rip Dj Am.

Heidi Montag: my thoughts and prayers are with DJ AM's family and friends.

Shanna Moakler
: My deepest condolences for DJ AM, you were a great artist and will be severely missed. My thoughts and Prayers to his family and friends.

maryjane

travis is lookin a lil too skinny, his anger probs with his ex, n his dead eyes...somethins up...drugs are bad...its sad how it takes a hold of people...

pat

Rest In Peace Adam-God Bless...

batman

I'm confused #29...Huh?

wammie

I was in complete shock as well. Um, who is he? I was shocked that TMZ reported on someone who isn't a celebrity. Isn't he just some dude that almost died with some other dude, that was in a band that nobody listened too?

TATE LV FTW

Wow. I find it so amusing that the people who don't know nor care for who he was and didn't like the way he created music can still take the time out of their god-like lives to post the most moronic and ignorant comments on this tragic subject. I'm sure glad that the people that have commented negatively have never done any wrong and keeps the world in harmony. I feel sorry for your Parents! R.I.P. DJ AM.

Vanessa

It's such a tragedy. Just this time last year he survived what most don't, a plane crash. And now, his life is taken short anyway. So very sad. I send blessings to the family, friends and fans. Travis Barker must be completely beside himself. Losing so many people dear to him in less than a years time is not an easy thing to deal with. His memory will live on.........

decompressu

It is Final Destination for real!

justice is mine says the lord

This is so sad. I recall the plane crash last year where he and Travis Barker were injured. Travis wouldnt even get back on a plane after that to fly home when he was able, DJ did however. Then they lost a couple of close friends in the crash, if im not mistaken. It is really a sad thing. Dr. Drew is a wonderful man, thats why it matters what he says,and probably worked on his addictions previously, thats none of our business however. There is one thing that needs to be asked, and really I hate to be the one who asks....Was Dr.Conrad Murray any where at the time he came up dead???? Sorry...that was cruel to DJ...I admire his years of sobriety, and if anything was going to bring it on again, it would have been the plane crash...not some goofey female. He was smarter than that.
*****ALSO....COULD YA DO ME ONE FAVOR TMZ???? STOP MENTIONING THAT NO TALENT "REALITY" TV PERSON Heidi Montag...or whatever??? As far as I am concerned....that 15 minutes of fame ran out over a year ago~! How dare she be listed as a "talent" or "star" with the likes of Mariah Carey or Ashton Kutcher on the same list. I think an apology is in order on your belhalf to the real TALENT.
RIP DJAM...you are missed already.
Even I KNOW WHO HE IS....and Im a great grandmother!

Mac

And people still do drugs after crying when a celebrity overdoses. Now everyone's kissing his ass all of a sudden

Mac

This is what happens when you mix real music with this techno crap

pleaseandthankyou

I love all these bleeding hearts talking about how much pain he was in. Sounds like he had a pretty cool life to me: fame, wealth, friends, girlfriends,fortune. So he survived a plane crash. Most people are ecstatic after that. It makes them value each minute of their life even more. He had EVERYTHING going for him, including a second chance at life, which most people don't get, and he thumbed his nose at it at totally f-ed it up for pills and a crack pipe. If I were God I'd be really f-in pissed. What a complete, weapons grade, A-list LOSER. I hope his soul transfered over to someone who actually appreciates their life, and doesn't throw it away like a cheap suit. Pathetic. Good riddance.

Laxx

#13, Joy..
According Twitter she (Britney Spears) hasn't updated since the 27th.
I'm really shocked by his death even though I didn't know of him, I can still relate on how it feels to lose a close friend/family member. I wish his loved ones the time of privacy that they ask for and for his talented work to carry on through the years.
Sadly alot of talented people decide to get caught up in drugs, very sad and waste of talent.
May you find peace now DJ AM.

Moneymaker7

What a shock. RIP DJ AM.

the truth hurts huh

Can someone please explain what makes being a DJ a big deal? What "talent" does it actually take? Why are some of them treated like "stars?" I really don't know. I don't get it.

Lisa Marie

I agree with Sassy if you don't have anything nice to say don't say it!! He was someone's son,brother,friend. Jim you have never had a loed one on drugs. It is a sickness like no other. It is just sad the Adam didn't find the help he found in the past. Just goes to show you that the sickness never goes away.It is a daily fight!! May God be with his family and loved ones through this heartbreak!! Rest in peace Adam!!!!