DJ AM

Dies

8/28/2009 8:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Law enforcement sources tell us DJ AM -- also known as Adam Goldstein -- was found dead this afternoon in New York City.

0828_dj_am_police_ex-1
Sources tell us he was found in his apartment at around 5:20 PM. We're told drug paraphernalia was found at the scene.

Our sources say DJ AM had not been seen or heard from for a few days -- one of his friends went to check on him, but got no response after knocking on his apartment door.

We're told the friend called the cops, who gained entrance to his apartment and found the body.

Back in September of 2008, DJ AM and Travis Barker survived a plane crash in South Carolina. Four people died in the crash -- which was caused when the airplane aborted takeoff and then ran off the runway. DJ AM and Barker were the only survivors.

UPDATE: A rep for DJ AM just issued the following statement: "Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein was found deceased this afternoon in his New York City apartment. The circumstances surrounding his death are unclear. Out of respect for his family and loved ones, please respect their privacy at this time."

DJ AM: Click to launch

pleaseandthankyou

I love all these bleeding hearts talking about how much pain he was in. Sounds like he had a pretty cool life to me: fame, wealth, friends, girlfriends,fortune. So he survived a plane crash. Most people are ecstatic after that. It makes them value each minute of their life even more. He had EVERYTHING going for him, including a second chance at life, which most people don't get, and he thumbed his nose at it at totally f-ed it up for pills and a crack pipe. If I were God I'd be really f-in pissed. What a complete, weapons grade, A-list LOSER. I hope his soul transfered over to someone who actually appreciates their life, and doesn't throw it away like a cheap suit. Pathetic. Good riddance.

Cheryl D. Uzamere

I didn't know who he was until hearing about his death. Based on his circle of friends, Mr. Goldstein looked to be a man who embraced tolerance and cultural inclusion. The work he did made a lot of people happy. He was also sexy as hell. I'm sorry for him and for his family. Rest in peace, Mr. Goldstein.

Read more: http://photos.tmz.com/galleries/dj_am#51051#ixzz0PZb8FwHj

Katrina

RIP whats going on with the world!

lukasgrew

R.I.P. dude

John

I'll reserve any snide comments because it is a death after all...but...oh what the *$@#.
MAN I don't care! These so called celebrities with their whining, spoiled, in excess lifestyles bore me to damned death.
"Oh- Im heartbroken that my girlfriend is gone."
GET OVER IT! MOST of us deal with stuff each and every day. Be it a break-up, job loss, having trouble paying bills, rent, utilities. Wondering what the future holds, etc, etc, etc.....
In a TIP to all of you "celebrities" that just can't seem to cope.
GET A HOBBY, GET A PET, GO SHOPPING....
DO SOMETHING other than sit there and get completely vaporized doing drugs, meth, booze, vicodin, Propofol, whatever!
FIND SOMETHING TO DO!!!

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/08/29/dj-ams-body-removed-from-his-apartment/4#c21224064#ixzz0PZuJ0OCD

biggiepaul985

R.I.P HOMIE, CONDOLENCES TO YOUR FAMILY!! OHH AND A REMINDER KIDS..
CRACK KILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tucker

dont kill travis!!!

Terry Coates

Final Destination The Remix.

di

I feel sorry for him, he's been through a lot these past couple of years. RIP

Britney needs to go away - for good

IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN BRITNEY SPEARS! SHE IS WORTHLESS.

gina

IM SICK OF EVERY1 SAYING "OH GOD IS COMING FOR YOU" OR "WE LOST SO MANY PEOPLE THIS YEAR ITS A TRADGEDY" HOW ABOUT REALIZING THAT THEY DIDNT JUST PASS AWAY FOR NO REASON. THERE WAS DRUUGGGSSSSSSS INVOLVED PEOPLE! IF EVERY1 WOULD JUST STOP WITH THE DRUGS ALOT OF LIVES WOULD BE SAVED!!!!

Raider Chick

That is a waste of talent R.I.P. my heart goes out to his family and friends. Keep his talent alive thats all u can do now

Carey

FIrst off if anyone had seen the show Addicted on VH1 you would have seen the lead singer of Crazy town was on there for his addiction to CRACK. Adam was part of that band. Well, On 8-26-09 the Band got together for a performance in LA. Then a "few" days later he is found dead with "crack and pills" Well, It seems that the joining of the band could have set the leathal actions that followed to his death. This is all deeply saddening for his whole family and his friends. My he rest in PEACE! If you don't like him or didn't know who he was why don't you keep your 2 cents to your self because no one cares what you think!!

R.I.P DJ AM Adam Goldstine

LettyFirst

The outcome of DRUGS! Drugs don't descrimiate, rich, poor, young, old. From the famous words of TuPac 'black n white be smokn' crack tonight!' RIP DJ AM

Bfrjds1981

I swear, I have never even heard of this guy before. What was he famous for? I'm not trying to be smart or anything but I have never really heard of him before.