Mandy Moore 'Heartbroken' Over DJ AM's Death

8/29/2009 5:54 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mandy MooreA rep for Mandy Moore, who used to date DJ AM, just gave us this statement:

"I am absolutely heartbroken. For those of us lucky enough to have known him, Adam radiated a contagious exuberance for life and also personified the very definition of a true friend. To say that he will be missed beyond words is an understatement. My heart goes out to his loved ones."

ASHLEE

UMMMMMMMMMMM, WHAT DOES SHE HAVE TO DO WITH HIM?????

KINDA LOST HERE.....HELP!

AND THIS IS WHAT TMZ CALLS "BREAKING NEWS" ????

I DONT GET IT

Switch

god i listened to that clip of him DJing and about gave me a headache. that crap is all over the place and sounds like a mess. i suppose if you're 21 and silly that might be your thing. mixing old rock with new sound makes me puke.

From his website

Its so easy for everyone to judge someone. All of you are so brave behind your computers saying that he was deserved to die. Why don't you go to a cancer ward of a hospital and tell the people currently dying from lung and liver cancer that they deserve to die? You make me sick. I am sure most people posting on here drink or smoke. What makes you so much better? Show some respect.

Please Read
December 30, 2008

Hello All -

Normally I don't feel like I NEED to make a statement like this, but after I read some recently reported untruths I feel like I have to. I want to take a second to address the hurtful posts and clear up any misunderstandings any of you may have about my law suit. I would NEVER sue the deceased pilots' estates or personal holdings. I am more than grateful that I survived this horrible accident and I'd never try to take anything from those that didn't. Despite the misinterpretations of the lawsuit, this suit is against the insurance companies that insured the pilots. I'm not after Sarah's or James' personal estates nor their property. Everyone involved in this suit has suffered a great deal, and I would not do anything to make matters worse for the deceased family and friends. Daily I live with the guilt and grief of what happened that night, what I saw, who was lost and why I was spared. I have no words to express the pain that comes with knowing four people died, while I lived.

Adam "DJ AM" Goldstein

LOKI

..........he was a crackhead!

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!

the truth hurts huh

Dr. Ruthless #17 - You know NOTHING about these people or what happened in their lives. Get out of fantasy and just go deal with your own life. wth

a john mayer mugshot

sorry but people pass away everyday, and unless you actually know them or they had some personal influence in your life nobody cares. Also, without death life would have little to no meaning.

Also, DJ's aren't artists, they don't create anything. They mix albums live, which isn't that difficult to do at a nightclub considering every song has a similar beat. Would you consider someone who only makes mix tapes of other peoples' songs an artist?

Sounds to me like he was depressed after the crash, and the breakup took him over the edge - sh-it happens, let's bury him and move on now, do we really need like 1,000,000 TMZ stories about this guy?

mia

Hey bunch of idiots, re-read my post. You clearly didn't understand it. Or maybe you're incapable of understanding it, in which case don't bother.

A Person

DERKA DERR

killa'bro

she is now available for play i take, me next

who dat

In the picture TMZ posted. Mandy looks like she is getting ready for the "money shot". ====================D -- -- -- -- -- --

PatinNJ

She looked better as a blond.

the truth hurts huh

20. Its so easy for everyone to judge someone. All of you are so brave behind your computers saying that he was deserved to die. Why don't you go to a cancer ward of a hospital and tell the people currently dying from lung and liver cancer that they deserve to die?

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

I wouldn't tell them they "deserve to die" - but if they got lung cancer or liver cancer from smoking or drinking excessively - then they are ASKING TO DIE!! Just like someone who does drugs.

Lilarose

Mandy, you don't know how lucky you are with this dude out of your life forever. He had no future for himself and certainly not with you.

mia

I AM BRAVE BEHIND MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!! (ROAR!!!!)

Mandy Moore is so cute.

Christine in Michigan

Seriously?? Come on, what's with all the b.s. when these celebrities kill themselves by overdosing and abusing drugs/prescription meds? I would love to see a statement that says " I am pissed that this person chose to abuse drugs which not only resulted in his/her death but left those of us that loved him behind to clean up the mess". Get real people. Maybe if these celebrities were held accountable for their actions in life (like actually serving time for a drug offense or DUI)they would not die in the prime of their lives.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments