Obama Vacation Tip Not All That

8/30/2009 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

President Barack Obama is usually quite the gracious tipper, but stories of him dropping dollars in Martha's Vineyard are a tad exaggerated.

Barack Obama

It sounded like a good economic indicator when it was reported today that the Prez tipped the clerk at a general store $15 on $5 of ice cream and candy. But according to the clerk we spoke to, Barack took his change with him: "What tip? He didn't leave a tip. We don't have a tip jar, he took his change."

However, at the second store he visited, Barack did let the clerk keep the change -- a whopping $1.99.

Every penny counts.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

First, presidents don't carry change, and who tips in a candy store?

chemist83

This is one of the best explainations of why Obama won the elections that I've heard yet.

From a teacher in the Nashville area

We are worried about "the cow" when it is all about the "Ice Cream"
The most eye-opening civics lesson I ever had was while teaching third grade this year. The presidential election was heating up and some of the children showed an interest. I decided we would have an election for a class president.
We would choose our nominees. They would make a campaign speech and the class would vote.

To simplify the process, candidates were nominated by other class members. We discussed what kinds of characteristics these students should have. We got many nominations and from those, Jamie and Olivia were picked to run for the top spot.
The class had done a great job in their selections. Both candidates were good kids. I thought Jamie might have an advantage because he got lots of parental support. I had never seen Olivia's mother.

The day arrived when they were to make their speeches Jamie went first. He had specific ideas about how to make our class a better place. He ended by promising to do his very best. Every one applauded. He sat down and Olivia came to the podium.
Her speech was concise. She said, "If you will vote for me, I will give you ice cream." She sat down. The class went wild. "Yes! Yes! We want ice cream."

She surely would say more. She did not have to. A discussion followed. How did she plan to pay for the ice cream? She wasn't sure. Would her parents buy it or would the class pay for it. She didn't know. The class really didn't care. All they were thinking about was the ice cream.

Jamie was forgotten. Olivia won by a land slide.

Every time Barack Obama opened his mouth he offered ice cream and fifty-two percent of the people reacted like nine year olds. They want ice cream.
The other forty-eight percent know they're going to have to feed the cow and clean up the mess.

Sleeping with Boyfriend?

can someone tell me what's up with that kids hair?

OOWEEE

Obama has introduced the most unregulated, reckless, legislation since he has been in Office. The unregulated Millions of dollars that went to BailOuts was never intended to assist the private citizen. I think it was his payback to his supporters when he ran for Office. I have removed all Posters and literature supporting Obama aka Step N Fetchit.

Joe

OH WELL, I dont tip either, only when on a date i do, But when i do tip im very gracious in the three digits.

Either way, if i was the prez, I would only tip if i felt like it, seems to me he has already tipped us all well enough.

La Toya Jackson

Why can't I have health insurance too? ....

Joe

Actually Clunko - I do care.

I do want healthcare & health insurance to be more affordable.

But as to me paying for your healthcare or the healthcare for illegal alliens?

Um no. I'm frickin tired of paying for everyone else's services. I wonder how many people complaining about not having healthcare and want the rest of us taxpayers to foot the bill... Have cable TV and high speed internet?

OOWEEE

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OBAMA AND CHELSEYS MOMA. You will never get my Vote Again. BBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OBAMA AND CHELSEYS MOMA.

LakersFan

Who are the morons at TMZ that think this is news and that someone gives a crap? Did you guys realize Ted Kennedy died? Idiots.

BB

17, LEAVE THE KID ALONE! HER HAIR LOOKS FINE! SHE DOESN'T HAVE "WHITE PEOPLE'S HAIR," DUUUHHHH! GEESE! Pray that you go to heaven because with that comment, you need to fall on your knees and pray! Sick of people and their nit-picking, "better-than-thou" attitudes!

And, I agree, and am embarassed, that Barack didn't make enough gracious comment about MJ. I think, for the first time, I saw his cowardness! He, for one, should have believed in the justice system in that the jury proved MJ innocent, and I know he grew up on his music, so he should have just made a bold stance in mourning MJ's death thanking him for his worldwide generous contributions, icon in music and dance, a part of his own race, and the fact that he should feel obligated to make a better statement than he did! I'm sure, if MJ could see us after his death, he was hurt that Obama didn't say too much; and the fact that probably MJ was very excited and probably even voted for Obama! What Obama didn't do concerning MJ's death, took away a part of the respect I had for him.

blue pen

Ugh. He still makes my skin crawl.

jxtr

A cashier being tipped? I have never heard of a cashier being tipped. TMZ, this is not newsworthy....please stick to entertainment news and gossip.

Googie

wHy DoEs U.S.A. BoRrOw MoNeY fRoM OtHeR cOuNtRiEs to GiVe MoNeY to CoUnTrIeS wHo DoN't NeEd IT????????????? That's what I want to know instead of if the Prez tips or not!!!!!!!!

CutTheCrap

I'm still glad I did not vote for this LIAR!!!

REAL

TO 10. Obama is the only president in the world who din not order o mourn day for Michael's funeral. The whole world is crying...man.
See here what Obama din not know about Michael.
When he hears this song, he will surely make up his mind. Michael diserves it..

Posted at 2:44PM on Aug 30th 2009 by gucci

I think Maybe He is the only Only with Good Since !!
MJ has gotten Way More than He deserves...
Wake up and Stay Off the Pipe.. MJ was just a singer
and dancer way past His prime...
Nothing More needs to be Done but Bury Him.