Carrie Prejean Sues for Religious Discrimination

8/31/2009 1:29 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carrie Prejean Sues for Religious DiscriminationCarrie Prejean is finally firing back at the people behind Miss California USA with a lawsuit -- claiming Shanna Moakler and other pageant officials forced her out because of her religious beliefs.

Prejean just filed the suit in L.A. County Superior Court, accusing Moakler and pageant honcho Keith Lewis of religious discrimination, defamation, public disclosure of private facts, intentional infliction of emotional distress, and negligent infliction of emotional distress.

Prejean was dethroned/fired from her post as Miss California USA back on June 10, nearly two months after she spoke out against gay marriage at the April 19th Miss USA competition.

Prejean claims the Miss Cali people "conspired to get rid of her" beginning on April 21st -- when she said on the "Today" show that she would rather be "biblically correct than politically correct."

Reps for Miss California USA have previously explained that Carrie was fired for missing appearances she was supposed to make for the organization and for not getting clearance to do extracurricular activities.

Donald Trump -- who owns the Miss Universe Organization -- is NOT named in the suit.

But in her suit, Carrie says the Miss Cali USA people "fabricated a fraudulent list of some 50 public appearances allegedly missed by Prejean which they released to the media in order to justify her termination as Miss California USA."

In the suit, Carrie claims officials also tried to "set up Prejean to have her dismissed as Miss California USA by asking her to do a Playboy photo shoot for $120,000."

UPDATE: A rep for Moakler tells TMZ: "Ms. Moakler has not yet been served with Carrie Prejean's lawsuit. However, on Ms. Moakler's behalf, I can say unequivocally that Ms. Prejean's lawsuit is without merit. More importantly, as everyone who watched or read her public statements is well aware, Ms. Prejean's unfortunate and bigoted statements are responsible for any public humiliation or damages to her reputation that she has claimed to have suffered. Ms. Moakler strenuously denies that she did anything wrong and looks forward to proving that in a court of law."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Wow

I absolutely do believe that she was "let go" because she didn't Play along with politically correct "gay america" pagent leaders. I hope she wins this lawsuit for all of us folks who are tired of "one sided" issues overshadowing all freedoms. There are still people of faith and straight people left in this world who would like to be able to have an opinion too. You go girl!!

CIVILIZED

i hope she falls into a vat of pig guts

CIVILIZED

word on the street is that her vagina has its own zip code

Timothy

Who cares about this person????

eric

I hope she loses her shirt in this lawsuit!and her bra, too....

Harry Kunt

Who ????

deb

i am from this broads hometown, and she's a freaking embarrassment.

JimmyD

Go get um Carrie! When you win your lawsuit, please give me a call; I'd like to go out with you! Big Kiss to you Babe!

Lara

Good for her. I am not on either side, but that Moakler bitch gets on my nerves... Always running her mouth and praising herself yet is always having some kind of drama. And, I DO think CP was dismissed because she didn't kiss gay america's ass. Believe me, I believe in free rights for all but I also belive in freedom of speech and geeeez was she punished for it.

Bob Barnett

Her last chance at her 15 mins
I hope the Donald just overwhelms her with legal fees
Then he has anal sex with her on a live special

a john mayer mugshot

How can a christian sue within a christian-based society for religious discrimination?

I hope she gets laughed out of court

Are You Serious

Why do we always have to listen about hurting the Gay People's feelings ? They can shove their beliefs down our throats and want to change all our laws but if anyone has a differing opinion they are ridiculed and attacked. If you believe in the Bible you are attacked but we can't say a word if you want to scream Atheist. This is wrong. Live the way you want but don't jump people because her personal belief is Christian over Liberal.
I hope she wins. I get tired of everyone playing the racist, gay card.

Ed

Boo F'n Woo. Who cares? This is her way of trying to make money since no one cares to talk about her, the religious groups dropped her like a Paris Hilton in a night clube because she was no longer useful to them, and her idiot claims and remarks made her unmarketable. Services her right. KARMA KARMA!

JimmyD

WOW!!First!! I am finally first in something in my life! What an accomplishment!

Never Help A Jackson

I entirely object to Carrie Prejean's behavior. She is possessed by greed and is in no way on the path of the truth. She's not getting any support from me.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments