Chris Brown -- Shades of Watergate

8/31/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So how do you explain not remembering the little dispute you had with your girlfriend -- the dispute that made you a felon?

If you're Chris Brown, you explain it by saying that Larry King badgered you into amnesia.

Brown is reacting to a clip that was released in which he said he didn't remember beating Rihanna.

Here's his statement:

"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.

That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times -- and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.

The first four times – or how ever many times it was - I gave the same answer -- which was that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, "Do you remember doing it?" and I said, "No."

Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.

As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future
."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

sandy eggo

i'm so confused.

LakersFan

Well said Chris.

Cristina

Ya, no... you are still an idiot.

Yeah, yeah, I bet. Time for your mommy to put your PJs on and give you your milk and cookies and tuck you in, you woman beating douche.

OMG

ugh, i'm so sick of him already! chris - you beat up a woman...man up and go do some community service like speaking to youth about violence against woman or something instead of trying to defend yourself every chance you get.

JANE DOE

LIAR!
AFTER HE SAID HE DIDN'T REMEMBER THE BEATING
HE MOVED NERVOUSLY IN HIS CHAIR
WHEN HIS MOM SAID HE TOLD HER WHAT HE HAD DONE!?

Emma

STFU, already! Men who beat their partners rarely do it once, Chris Brown. You will do it again unless you get some intense help that you take seriously. So stop spending your energy apologizing to the "public" & spend it in on some intense therapy...or you will be doomed to repeat this miserable scenario over & over on different women you love.

Gina

I get that he's trying to set the record straight, but whoever advised him to go on Larry King wasn't too smart. King is so out of touch with reality it's not even funny.

Mary Sapp

Good gawd, if little boy blue is this much of a mommy's boy, Rhianna is lucky to be out of the picture. Imagine the hell of having her as a mother-in-law!

Donovan

If it's "not appropriate for him to talk about what happened" then wtf is he doing on Larry King getting interviewed? That's the only thing people are interested in hearing about.

best Source

blah , blah , blah,. Here is the deal chris.. NO ONE BELIEVES YOU ! What we do believe is your wallet has taken a huge hit and you are trying to fix YOUR WALLET NOT YOUR HEAD!

Donovan

And what is a grown man doing on TV with his mother during an interview?

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Brown forgot. BS.

Anon

It's not an isolated incident. The police report says this happened at least two others times, and that the violence was escalating. When he called Rihanna's assistant, he did not ask if Rihanna was okay. He asked if Rihanna gave the police his name. Chris Brown's concern was only for himself and any potential negative publicity.

Michael Jackson's Voice

Ok STOP already... we know the press shows ONLY what they want to show just to get people to watch... if he didnt remember then he wouldnt be able to tell his mom squatt.. Lets stop the Michael Jackson-izing of Chris Brown already.. let him prove himself.. honestly!! Leave Him Alone!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments