Chris Brown -- Shades of Watergate

8/31/2009 8:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

So how do you explain not remembering the little dispute you had with your girlfriend -- the dispute that made you a felon?

If you're Chris Brown, you explain it by saying that Larry King badgered you into amnesia.

Brown is reacting to a clip that was released in which he said he didn't remember beating Rihanna.

Here's his statement:

"There have been reports on the Internet that I didn't remember what happened that night with Rihanna. I want to try and set things straight.

That 30 seconds of the interview they used of me was taken from a one hour interview during which that same question was asked something like 4 or 5 times -- and when you look at the entire interview you will see it is not representative of what I said.

The first four times – or how ever many times it was - I gave the same answer -- which was that I didn't think it was appropriate for me to talk about what happened that night. I said it was not right for me and it really wasn't fair to Rihanna. The fifth time – or whatever it was – I just misspoke. I was asked, "Do you remember doing it?" and I said, "No."

Of course I remember what happened. Several times during the interview, my mother said that I came to her right afterwards and told her everything. But it was and still is a blur. And yes, I still can't believe it happened because it is not me or who I am or is what happened like anything I have ever done before.

As I have said several times previously, I am ashamed of and sorry for what happened that night and I wish I could relive that moment and change things, but I can't. I take full responsibility for my actions. What I have to do now is to prove to the world that this was an isolated incident and that is not who I am and I intend to do so by my behavior now and in the future
."

kevin

If it was the first time, why did the court reports say he's done it 3 times. Chris just keeps lying and I can't wait until he screws up and goes to jail
end comments!

Blondie

What an ASS!!!!!!!!

He remembers....

ecaz

Like I said last time ONCE A BEATER ALWAYS A BEATER. I think its funny when abusers say that they dont remember it reminds me of my childhood when my father would give my mom a black eye and then denie ever doing it. Next thing you know he will blame it on Rihanna. WHAT A BUNCH OF B#LLSH&T YOUR CAREER IS OVER SO JUST GO AWAY

Butterfly

His entire statement sounds as if it was written and prepared for him by professionals. What an insult to anyone's intelligence. Try again, Chris Brown, your first attempt didn't work. People are smarter than you give them credit for.

Battle54

One would want Cher to slap Chris squarely across the face and scream 'Snap out of it' like she did in the movie Moonstruck.

Tink44

What a whining little prick!!!!!He needs a pacifer! Wahh wahhh wahhh wahhh!

Saddenend

Message to Chris Brown:

GO AWAY with your chipmunk buckteeth and lame excuse of manhood self.

"I take full responsibility for my actions."

Uh, no you didn't because if you did, you would've asked for a jail sentence instead of community service.

lala

I THINK THE ONLY WAY THE WORLD WILL APPRECIATE YOU LITTLE MAN(CHRIS) IS TO NOT BUY RECORDS FROM A WOMAN BEATER!! DONT BUY THEM!!!

Heene

He's so eloquent.

Elli

What does he mean by he can't take full responsibility for HIS actions? Maybe I'm reading it wrong.

best Source

Here it is ~ the BS "it wasn't me" , it isn't who I am, I don't remember, I don't EVER behave like that"! Sounds a little like garbage cause we all wonder ~Then why in the H**@ did it happen NOT ONCE~ NOT TWICE~ how bout THREE TIMES that she is willing to admit to.. YOU GOT Triplet brothers running around? cause it sure seems alot like it IS WHO YOU ARE! IT IS HOW YOU ACT! and THAT DA$^* SURE IS HOW YOU ACT.. NOW DO YOU SEE THE PROBLEM D,,,A..? appology is all about cash not behavior WE GOT IT WE JUST DON'T CARE

JKR

AGAIN SHAME ON YOU CNN AND LARRY KING FOR GIVING HIM THIS PLATFORM TO LIE…………AS THE MOTHER OF ADULT DAUGHTER WHO WAS ABUSED( HE WAS CONVICTED AND GOT PROBATION AND STILL VERBALLY ABUSES HER)………..HE HAS CONTACT BECAUSE OF THEIR CHILDREN…….THEY NEED JAIL TIME….BECAUSE THEY WOULD NEVER ABUSE A MAN…

SHAME

Lonisha

as i said before....you don't believe that he can have remorse cuz he's a young black male....tmz...you guys are pretty racist..no one gives a crap whether or not you buy it or not...if he says hes sorry then he's sorry...i swear i get more and more offended everytime i read something on this site

nightcrawler

Give that boy an enema.

Still in Shock

Chris please just STFU!! If you can't stand the heat from Larry King, then you shouldn't have went on the show.

If your manager, public relations people, Mark Geragos, WHOEVER it was told you to do that, you need to fire them, cuz you just keep looking worst and worst.

You pulling that junior high answer,"I don't remember" BS.

If you think Larry King "BADGERED" you, you best be glad you didn't have a prosecutor in your face asking the same question over and over to try and TRIP YOU UP!! Larry did it, and you took the chickens*it way out!!!

You really just need to go away Chris, go to yo mommy!!

Oh, btw/ please don't procreate!!! We don't need any more abusers like you in the world!!!