Chris Brown -- I'm Totally Ashamed

9/1/2009 10:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ obtained another clip from Chris Brown's interview with Larry King -- one in which Chris claims he's "ashamed" and "really regrets" beating the crap out of Rihanna.

Link: CHRIS BROWN talks exclusively to LARRY KING

Chris couldn't explain why he flipped out that fateful night, but told Larry -- in the interview set to air tomorrow night -- that "It's just one of those nights I wish I could just take back."

ES

Part of the issue is--men are generally and genetically stronger than women. Although there are exceptions, men can physically dominate a woman no matter how much physical strength a woman may have. That's just a fact. However there are many men who are physically abused by women and reluctant to report it. There is most definitely a double standard in our society. It wasn't that long ago that movies depicted women slapping men in the face while men grabbed them and kissed them passionately in response to be smacked in the face. Please!!! But real life is real life, not the movies. What happened has already happened and you can't change that. I believe Chris Brown when he says he wishes he could change the past. He's young, he made a horrible, stupid mistake. He needs to be given the room to move on and so do we! Chris Brown is not the first man to beat a woman down and will not be the last. However we can't continue to make him the poster child for men who abuse women. He has received his sentence and as long as he abides by the orders given by the court, we need to let him be, unless of course he proves himself to be unworthy of a second chance. I think making the interview rounds to try to redeem himself is a big mistake. I say....finish your probation, do everything the court asks of you and don't complain....work on yourself internally to make yourself a better person...move on with your life and let this be an enlightening experience on your journey through life. I agree that this should not define him as a human being but unfortunately it has in some people's eyes and there's nothing he can do about that. I really hope he has learned his lesson and is able to become a better person because of this experience. I wish him luck and hopefully he is able to become the man he is capable of being.

polly purebred

How can you regret something you don't remember?

Homie1Kanobe

Posted at 12:01AM on Sep 2nd 2009 by enoughsaid

LETS SEEM HIM DO HIS SENTANCE FIRST, PERSONALY I SEE HIM BLOWING HIS PROBATION AND HE'LL END UP IN JAIL WHERE HE BELONGS, 5 YEARS OF PROBATION IS LONG TIME TO KEEP HIS NOSE CLEAN HAHA

Lippy Loo

What whiney snotty little brat! Why in the hell is old fart Larry having that woman beater on his show? This just makes me sick, first we have the dog murder Michel Ick going public and saying what he did was wrong (yeah, right he got caught) and now we have a woman beater going on tv and snotting and carrying on. GOD, this makes me sick, there are so many good, decent people out there and they put these pathetic losers on TV!! Put decent people on TV, that do good things.

ME

In reply to #27...DUMB A** WHY U GOTTA TURN THIS INTO A RACIST THING BUT U ARE KINDA RIGHT! BLACK GUYS COMMIT VIOLENT BEATINGS WHILE WHITE PEOPL BLOW UP BUILDINGS (UNIBOMBER) AND ARE SERIAL MURDER AND RAPISTS....THEY'RE WAY SMARTER HUH? I AM SICK AND TIRED OF THIS BS!!! THE SH*T IS NONE OF OUR BIZ! WHILE ALL THE MEDIA IS SITTING BACK GETTING PAID OFF OF CHRIS BROWN, CHRIS BROWN HIMSELF IS GETTING PAID OFF UR DUMB A**ES TO! YOU THINK PEOPLE MAGAZINE AND CNN DIDN'T HAVE TO PAY HIM TO GET FIRST INTERVIEWS? I BET EVERY LAST ONE OF YOU WILL BE WATCHING TO! HYPOCRITES! YES I SUPPORT CB AND I HOPE RIHANNA DOES GET BACK WIT HIM JUST FOR THE HELL OF IT!

Daniel Farrell

obviously she deserved it

jOhNNy bOttLeS

all he's missing is a lollypop and a propeller hat

shuffler

See, to me, either you are a woman-basher or you aren't and would never let yourself do that.

I don't think the attitude changes. The whole story is not being told. This guy is not talking about what made him beat her, he just talks about being ashamed and wishing he could take back what he did.

This will happen again, it may be years from now, but we'll hear from this guy again. His private life and PR are two totally different beasts fighting each other.

jez

what a dumbass!

Zoe

::I know I aint sitting around and letting no one hit me man or woman...he was probably provoked::

You could clearly use counseling as well. No one is advocating that men or women be abused in any way. As a man has a biological strength advantage, were he being hit he should find a way to get out of the situation. Regardless of what Rihanna may or may not have done, you can't excuse someone who repeatedly punches you, bites you, threatens to kill you, and tries to strangle you. That is NOT self defense, that is a sociopath, and he needs to be in jail.

Spurs

What the caption should really say is: "Chris Brown -- I'm Totally Ashamed That I Got Caught". Hah, suck it up loser. The average Joe on the street would be in jail by now, trying to hide from Bubba.

Marcos

Harvey...PLEASE stop giving this guy "air time". This piece of trash needs to go away. He should have been a MAN and stepped up and did the time instead of getting off easy. Hey...if he was provoked, so be it...if she deserved it...so be it...if you lost control...so be it, but MAN up and do the time for your mistake. Instead you hide behind Mommy and bigtime lawyer to take care of your mistake. This guy is no "Thug" like the MEDIA portrays him...come on! Chris...step up, do the time...MAN UP! Earn back the little respect you've got left.

CINDY

L.O.S.E.R

jump

DO NOT buy Chris Browns records EVER!! He beat Rhiannon so bad even her family couldnt recognize her. Chris Brown tried to kill Rhiannon over a text message. Punching her in the face, head and chest, kicking her in the head and face!!, Bit her on her neck, ear and shoulder. If the police werent called Chris Brown would have continued to beat, Bite, punch and kick her. Chris Brown is a Psychopath. Look at his face during the interview with larry king. This guy is an Evil predator. The judge let him go on probation.
So in todays age you can beat a woman to the point of her last beath and just get probation.

katarina

i dont feel with this guy, sorry....he will do it again i bet.