« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Chargers Star -- Tila Tequila Was Drunk

9/7/2009 10:12 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

San Diego Chargers superstar Shawne Merriman is finally speaking about the incident that got him arrested yesterday, telling FoxSports.com that his girlfriend Tila Tequila was drunk and he was only trying to keep her safe.

"On September 6, 2009 the San Diego Sheriff's Department responded to a citizen's complaint that was initiated by Tila Nguyen (aka Tila Tequila). I was taken into custody based upon that complaint. At the time, I was concerned about her welfare given the intoxicated state she appeared to be in and I encouraged her to stay until safe transportation could be provided.

"We would all do our best to help a friend if we considered their actions to be detrimental to their personal safety. I in no way caused any harm to Ms. Nguyen, however, paramedics were called and she was examined but no injuries were reported. She was released and has since returned to Los Angeles, California.

"There have been no charges filed against me. I want to thank the San Diego Sheriff's Department for their professionalism. I will continue to cooperate fully with the Department, and I look forward to clearing my name regarding these false allegations. I want to put this behind me so I can continue to focus on a successful season for the San Diego Chargers."

UPDATE: Tila has Twittered a response to Shawne's allegations -- saying there's no way she could have been drunk because, "I am allergic to alcohol. It has been publicly known for years. That is how I got the name Tila "Tequila" cuz the irony. I cant drink"

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

lili

she's a skank, a two bit hooker.

lili

she's probably got every venereal disease known to man under that skirt, gross. She'll do anything that walks.

ly9512

63. "Who is this woman? She looks skanky?"
That does not justify battery.

"She was drunk"
That does not justify Battery.

Every woman should steer clear of P. Diddy also as he seems to only know batterers.

Posted at 1:42PM on Sep 7th 2009 by rachel

-------------------

You're right, neither of those things justifies battery.

But her being drunk could mean her overreacting (like he grabbed her arm to take her down the street to find a cab or take her somewhere to find another friend to get her home and she freaked out about him touching her, doesn't mean he necessarily beat her).

I think he's trying to hold his innocence in the sense of her blowing it out of proportion when all he was really doing was trying to get her home safely. If she was drunk, we can't necessarily trust her judgement, and if he was drunk we couldn't really trust his judgement either.

shuffler

1) someone is not telling the truth.
2) I don't know which.
3) fake boobs appeal to a certain type of guy.
4) it was past both their bedtimes when this occurred.
5) I would pick a restful night of sleep over any of this silly drama.

Helen

Til---You Lie Throw Your Teeth.
Anything for publicity
I believe the guy anytime over You
You are a hound

Joann

I'm inclined to beleve Shawne on this one.

Tila claimed Shawne choked her and restrained her from leaving his
apartment yet the police and paramedics FOUND NO MARKS ON HER.

This is a big dude and as small as Tila is they would have found marks around her neck or in the least marks on her arms from Shawne
allegedly restraining her.

The only reason Shawne went to jail is because Tila had the option to file a citizen's arrest, which she did, not because the police thought he had physically abused her.

Tila was the one who wanted the paramedics to take her to the hospital. The paramedics did not find any physical bruises on her that would warrant a trip to the hospital.

Tila lies constantly. She got choked at a gas station one time, she was or is pregnant. She was Ray J's "wifey" and she hinted she was pregnant by Ray J or some other rapper, she is a virgin, she was going on a worldwide tour this summer and as far as being allergic to liquor, why did she tweet this:

She tells so many lies she forgets what she says.

Tila needs to sit her ass down and go seek professional help for her "attention seeking" addiction.

And, when will these ballers learn to concentrate on their careers and leave these skanks alone.

just me

She doesn't drink huh?... then why did she post this pic of her saying she is tipsy and on her way to the chargers game posted on september 4th on her twitter page? 10:28 PM Sep 4th from UberTwitter http://twitpic.com/gi382

sensible grandma

She's just a loose woman. Does she realize what she could have done to this young man's life & career with false accusations? She should be ashamed of herself. I don't believe her story about not drinking. Ridiculous!!!!!

anon

Who's this no-name, no-face, nobody - who the fk has heard of him, except he looks a born liar.

k

She is lying in her recent tweet about the alcohol. She was busy tweeting all last week at night about how she had just taken nyquil to sleep. Uh...alcohol is in nyquil!!!

Fred Farkel

Oh Lord ! ! !

K. Rowe

ets get all the facts in, for what I know and I live in the San Diego area. This footballer player lives in Poway which is very far from the city and the crazy roads that take you into that part of town should not be driven by anyone who has been drinking especially if they are not from that part of the woods. Its just dangerous! I am taking his side on this from what I know about Tila. Tila who I have known through the years of Myspace, I was in contact with her on there years before she became "known" we were some of the first people to take advantage of that networking site..as models. And no I am not some jealous ho, but "Tila Tequila" Thien Thanh Thi Nguyen, is known famewhore who will try anything to get her 15 mins. back. She is playing the whole Chris Brown /Rihanna abuse which did really happen, to her benefit so that she can get news coverage which we are all falling in. I hope the truth comes out and the world can see that she is just a lying whore who gives Asian people a bad name!

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/06/tila-tequila-shawne-merriman-photos/8#comments#ixzz0QSH1DVKf

bobbyozone

i'd do her!!!

i don't even like short asian women with fake boobs. mostly i don't like short chicks cause i get cramps when i'm doing them missionary style for more than a half hour. but hey,, i'm a single man, i'm horny, and i've been drinkin.

Tyson

Can't drink.... I flipped by the TV show and saw her drunk!!!

Wavy-Gravy

Will someone please pound this B" in the stink to shut her up?