Katherine Jackson -- Save The Wrong Date

9/10/2009 1:03 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Katherine Jackson says she's going to the MJ tribute concert in Vienna on the 29th -- only problem, the show's on the 26th.

Katherine Jackson: Click to watch
As TMZ first reported, the family isn't happy about the show and nobody except Jermaine was planning on attending -- but now it looks like Katherine drank the Kool-Aid and will go, granted someone tells her the correct date.

We'll see if she actually makes it ...

just sayen

Sadly can we say Dementia.

RIP Michael
YOU are the ONLY King of POP & ALWAYS well be no matter who tries to sing your work, they are not nor ever will be you!

gigi

C'est facile de dire, laissez-là tranquille, c'est une vieille femme ! Mais quand elle a vu Joe violer ses filles à 6 ans et que ça dure tout le long de la jeunesse, elle n'a rien dit. Lisez le livre de La Toya. J'ai envie de vomir. Je suis maman et je n'aurai jamais permis lui de faire ça ou je le tue. Comment peut-elle se regardait dans une glace tous les matins sans éprouver de remords.

fordtocarr

I JUST WONDER IF SHE FEELS AS TRAPPED MY HER OTHER BLOOD SUCKING, SEMI-TALENTED OTHER SONS AS MICHAEL DID. POOR LADY BECAUSE NOW THEY WILL LEACH OFF HER AS THEY DID MICHAEL HIS WHOLE LIFE.

english grandmother

Dear Mrs Jackson, I love and honour you as your son Michael loved and honoured you. Therefore I would ask you not to have anything to do with this "concert".
I know it must be very hard for you, because you love all your children and you must be being torn apart by this.
I would only say that MJ would have hated this. It is far too soon
to celebrate his life in any meaningful way, especially while there is an ongoing police enquiry.
After the grief, there will be a right time for this, but it is not now. In a little while, all Michael's work and his charities will be celebrated in a much more dignified way. Believe me, then all the stars will come out for this event in London or the USA, or maybe even both.
Your beautiful son deserved so much better than this because he is loved and admired all over the world.
Mrs Jackson, all his millions of fans and admirers would love to see a concert at the right time and would give freely for Michael's charities.Please remember that.
God bless you and those dear children.

Jennifer

Forget the tribute concert . . . Mrs. Jackson looks fabulous! This is obviously a very genetically blessed family in the looks and talent departments, but, sheesh, this woman is 80! And gorgeous!! How DOES she do it???

Utohhh

oOOo That wasn't a good move to promote this concert on Katherines Part. Stupid Stupid Stupid move. With all the blacklast the Jacksons have been gettin since Micheal's death, This by far has to be the WORST.

Maddy

More tabloid trash. Come on TMZ your stories change each day. First she's in, then she's out, then she's in again. This ain't the hokey pokey you know.

Can you start printing more definitive stuff or is this how you keep us all coming back reading!!!..... it obviously works, but come on I'm sure you know how most people feel about the tribute, find something else like how about telling (with real answers) how the investigation is going cause it sure seems like Michael's fans are making more progress than anyone else.

By the way Jermaine is an old man, not a toddler or teenager or even a young adult. I'm not sure how much control people expect Katherine to have over him. Isn't he in his 60's or something? My eldest sister is 45 and I know there ain't no way in the world my parents can convince her to do or not do something if she has made her mind up. Maybe if she pushed or fought hard enough that could happen, but seriously he's a grown old man, stuck in his grown old man ways.

Utohhh

126. WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP CALLING THE JACKSONS GREEDY. IF THEY DONT EARN WHATS RIGHTFULLY THEIRS IN LIFE OR DEATH THERE WILL BE SOMEONE OUT THERE THAT WILL FIND AWAY TO MAKE THE MONEY ANYWAY. PEOPLE WOULD NOT LIKE MICHAEL TO JUST BE FORGOTTEN, YET PEOPLE SAY LET MICHAEL REST IN PEACE. SO ARE PEOPLE SAYING THEY DONT WANT TO SEE HIS MOVIE OR HEAR ANY OF MICHAEL'S MUSIC BECAUSE AT THE END OF THE DAY IT IS STILL THE JACKSONS THAT BANKS THE MONEY. SO IF THEY WANT TO DO CONCERTS, WHY NOT FANS WILL INJOY THEM AND THATS WHAT IT'S ALL ABOUT MICHAEL WOULD HAVE LOVED THAT.

Posted at 4:08PM on Sep 10th 2009 by Sheilab_UK

I have to disagree. Fans will enjoy the Concert if Janet Jackson did it, Not Jermaine Jackson...Since Michaels Death, this is the MOST ANYBODY has talked about Jermaine or the jacksons in about 35 years. I highly Doubt Michael would Enjoy this concert, specially since His children was placed in the middle of the whole thing. Michael NEVER wanted his children introduced to the media like this, Thats why he always kept them covered. Michael Knew the Media could be very mean, and putting his children on the forefront of this concert would have made Michael angry.....Secondly, What do you mean when you say what's rightfully theirs, The Jacksons never did anything for anybody, Michael took care of ALL their A**es except for Janet. 100% proceeds should go straight to his children...

LucyInTheSky

102. hopefully the turkey basters will be there.............

Posted at 2:42PM on Sep 10th 2009 by MIS IT QUEEN
____________________________________

ROFL

isthatallthereis

She looks lovely to be 79!

Maddy

#88. Old dinosaurs (Trex) and dromaeosaurs (raptors) die hard.

Katherine Jackson is an inbred hybrid of the two.

Posted at 2:14PM on Sep 10th 2009 by tellitlikeitis

______________________________________________

Tellitlikeitis,

Just because you don't agree with Katherine's actions or decisions, it doesn't mean we should attack her character or who she is as a human being. She's an 80 year old woman who has just buried her son and now has the responsibility of raising 3 young children. You can disagree with someone without putting them down or demeaning them as a person. Your talking that way about an 80 year old woman - not nice.

#86 Irene,

Absolutely 100% agree with you. Been there too (in fact I did share that in another post as I was ashamed of passing judgement on her when I too had been through this). I am not about to make that same mistake. Unless you've been through, you will never know how you will react in that situation. Amongest her grief she has the media glaring down at her every move, having every decision she makes blastered on the news as being wrong, sure some she has done of her own accord, but not all.

I hope she just remains strong enough to care for Michael's kids. I don't know what would happen to them if anything happened to her in the next few months due to all the outside (and I suppose inside) pressure from family and media. Another person (Branca2) mentioned on another post about the stress getting to her and she could have a stroke or something. I agree with that too. I totally lost it at one point and was hospitalised for a few days due to stress and exhaustion over my teenage daughters death, however I was 36 not 80!

It's pretty simple everyone, either go or don't! It's not a difficult decision. Agree with Katherine or don't, but no need to tear down her character.

Jennie

Since Prince, Paris and Blanket now own Hayvenhurst, I hope and pray that when they come of age, they have the guts to boot everyone (except Katherine, if by some miracle she is still alive) the eff out of Hayvenhurst and tell them to find their own place to live and support themselves. These poor children should not have to continue financially supporting their leech relatives like their father did, especially after seeing how their Uncle Jermaine is repaying their father by exploiting them as part of his "tribute". I know that if my father died and my uncle was exploiting me, my siblings and my father's legacy for ticket sales like Jermaine is doing to Michael, I'd disown him.

If it is true that Jermaine coerced Katherine into doing this, he should be ashamed of himself for bullying an old lady that is deeply in mourning. He obviously has no respect for his mother, and I think it is quite clear she did not want to do this video or be involved in Jermaine's BS tribute in any way, shape, or form. It also appears that all the celebrities that he "confirmed" for his "tribute" are either pulling in out in droves or were not scheduled to perform in the first place. The ones that pulled out did not do so because they wanted to disrespect MJ, but because they know damn well that the money raised is not going to charity but to Jermaine.

Questions: If Jermaine is going to "perform" with "Michael" in Vienna, doesn't he need the estate's permission to use Michael's likeness and recordings? Did he get permission from Branca and McClain to do this? If not, I hope to hell Branca and McClain shut him the eff down, or at least sue him after the fact for illegally profiting off Michael. That they haven't done this yet (that I know of) puzzles me.

LucyInTheSky

135..Wow, you are writing just three lines and still manages to squeeze in a dirty little insult. Can't you talk without a bad mouth?
Posted at 5:01PM on Sep 10th 2009 by A.B.
________________________________________

Wow, yes I can talk WITHOUT insults, and I do PLENTY of that kind of posting as well. EVEN some Jackson family heartfelt compliments.

But you NEVER comment, good OR bad regarding those. You just want to call to attention what YOU feel to be the negative and abusive.

Wonder why that is? Ms fake goodtwoshoes.

???????????????????????

the old bitch dont know her hot flashes from menopause...dumb frigging gold diggin ho!

janalal4

#151-"...boot 'em the eff out of Hayvenhurts.." Hahahaah! I laughed right OUT LOUD when I read that!!! That was funny! Yeah, wonder who weedled Mama Jackson into doing this??? HMMMM... She looks completely UNCOMFORTABLE with this! I DO think she appreciates the fans but that's the ONLY part I'm buying here!