Neverland Owners Make Trademark Move

9/10/2009 2:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The company that owns Neverland Ranch hasn't gotten permission to turn Michael Jackson's old stomping grounds into a tourist attraction -- but they just filed a bunch of trademarks with the U.S. Patent Office just in case they do.

Neverland Owners Make Trademark Move

We just got our hands on trademark applications filed by the Sycamore Valley Ranch Company -- a company started by Colony Capital and Michael Jackson -- who is attempting to lock down the following names to use with the property: Neverland Ranch, Neverland Valley, Neverland Valley Ranch, and Neverland.

Sycamore also filed paperwork requesting to use the four Neverland names on several products and services including:

1) "Museum services - namely opening a museum in Michael Jackson's former home and providing tours ... providing theme park services."

2) Printed material (post cards, greeting cards, bags, non-fiction books about Michael Jackson, etc.)

3) Games and playthings (toys, dolls, roller skates, toy rockets, board games, playing cards, etc.)

4) For "providing facilities for business meetings and conferences ... retail and online retail store services ... mail order catalog services in the field of novelty, gift, and souvenir items"

5) Clothing, footwear, headgear

But don't get too excited yet -- we spoke with several members of the Jackson family who claim they were never asked permission by SVRC. In fact, Joe Jackson made it very clear, "Colony Capital cannot do this without our permission."

Smooth Criminals

Joe must be senile. Michael's estate owns Michael's name and likeness not Joe Jackson and not the Jackson family.

Dream on, Joe.

janicebyrne01

I hope this doesn't happen. Michael grew to hate the place after 2003. Maybe his children should be allowed a say in it's future.

frogs and gravel

If they sell "Jesus Juice" at $10 a sip, the place will
make a fortune.

(Somebody had to say it)

a total fan

If Neverland was made into a museum, attraction, etc. Who gets the profit? Hopefully Micheal's children and his charities.

midi

who on earth would want to visit that creepy place?

lovemichaelforever

anyone notice the spelling errors in the program. how absolutely disrespectful and unprofessional

They were in it for the money

This aint gonna fly for 1 nano second. Wait til Disney gets wind of this and stops this mumbo jumbo. I realize they are also in with ABC and therefore AEG, it AINT Happening. Who is pulling all this crap all of a sudden? Jermaine and Thome? Would have NEVER guessed it DUH! what a bunch of lowlifes! Boycott them all the way if you truly loved Michael.

Simone

"ho on earth would want to visit that creepy place?"

If Neverland might become a museum, I will want to visit there. I am serious, man. I want to know that place. It could be revealing. But, I have to confess that without Michael, that place loses its mystical aura.

LucyInTheSky

Lord I Pray this is true.
And that Branca AND the MJFT has not sanctioned these actions.

If they haven't all Hell is going to break loose.

GO TEAMBRANCA GO GO TEAMBRANCA GO

Tear them a new appetite John.
And Judge Beckloff throw that Safe Harbor Petition out of Court.
And have Ms Katherine and Londell escorted to the door.

I pray it in the name of the Father, the Son, and THE HOLY GHOST!
Ahem!
Om

LucyInTheSky

27. "ho on earth would want to visit that creepy place?"

If Neverland might become a museum, I will want to visit there. I am
serious, man. I want to know that place. It could be revealing. But,
I have to confess that without Michael, that place loses its mystical
aura.

Posted at 2:53AM on Sep 10th 2009 by Simone
____________________________________

Oh you are wrong Simone. If there is any place on earth that Michaels
soul will linger it will be Neverland.

He loved Neverland and had some (maybe only)of his happiest years
there with his children. Until the SBCSD raid.

But that is past. He only retains the good very good memories now.

Andreemyrian

I only want to know when Murray and the others responsible for Michael's death will be arrested ????????? TMZ please say something

LucyInTheSky

25. If they sell "Jesus Juice" at $10 a sip, the place will
make a fortune.
(Somebody had to say it)

Posted at 2:48AM on Sep 10th 2009 by flevkev2S
________________________________________

That is a GREAT idea, I think ever Jesus himself would like it.

But no "milk" can be sold on premises.

Om

They were in it for the money

Let us all repeat TAX WRITE OFF AND FOUNDATION TO MAKE EVEN MORE MONEY OFF OF POOR MICHAEL. Pissers, every one of them stinking, in the gutter pissers!

reducto_

If there is one place in this world I could visit it would probably be Neverland. How I wish so much to go there. I've only seen Michael in happy times there, although he did make those statements after the raid I didn't see it happen. So I would only remember the place as one filled with happiness & one with a happy Michael.
I'd love to see this place restored with the rides & animals. However I think a limit should go on how many people can visit per day or per week otherwise over time the grounds "may" be destroyed (unless they have great grounds keepers)
Overall I think this place should be given to the children or at least when they are older allow them to decide what will become of it. They may remember it for happy times with their father & could want to move back there? Who knows. But I know the last thing I want is for it to be destroyed or moved to Las Vegas.
So.. anyone wanna go for a drive? haha

Look at all the WJ spermette cheerleaders on TMZ. WJ rahrahrah!

i am glad the family is going against wackos wishes......wackos ghost can inhabit the ranch to welcome all little boys who enter......exciting prospect that wacko will haunt the place.....they can have seances for wacko friends to talk with hiz spirit.....prez obo can christen its grand opening and can give more brainwashing talks there since he'll have the audience he wants......