Love's Lawyer -- Kurt Would Never Sing Bon Jovi

9/11/2009 10:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Team Courtney Love is finally expanding on why she's so pissed off at the makers of Guitar Hero -- and it seems her beef is over the songs that the digital version of her husband is forced to sing in the game.

Courtney Love and Bon Jovi

TMZ spoke with Love's attorney who told us Cobain's widow did give permission for the game makers to use Kurt's name and likeness -- but she never, ever signed off on a deal that would allow them to make Kurt sing Bon Jovi tunes in the game.

Love's lawyer told us, "Activision is exploiting Kurt's image in a manner anathema to the very essence of his music, spirit and essence.

I along with Ms. Cobain hope those who love Kurt's music strongly voice their sentiments to Activision and demand his image not be debased by singing the songs of Bon Jovi.

Bon Jovi gave Love a bad name? How ironic.

tammy

She's just pissed because NO ONE including her husband could ever be JON BON JOVI!! I'm sorry he has passed, and I'm sure he was talented, not a fan myself, but HELLO???? Does she really have the right to talk about anyone. I think not.

ONE pissed off bon jovi fan

thesheriff

It's so funny people who think they're cool by calling others "sell-outs" Music is music, just different strokes for different folks. You're a loser if you think your music has deeper meaning the someone elses....all of it is art and touches everyone differently. I have more respect for artists that write and play music for the fun of it, not so they can have money to spend on drugs and groupies.....boy that's a lot of them....including Cobain. What a waste.

MIck

That overrated grunge rocker should be honored to have Bon Jovi's music seep through his digital lips! Puh-leez, that douche Courtney and her lawyer know that Bon Jovi sold more albums than those Seattle heroin addicts and Hole combined!

mrs. brand

Bon Jovi=bubble gum pop.

Cobain=deep soulful rage filled ear candy.

Bon Jovi sucks.

dpenrose

Yes, nobody loves Bon Jovi more than me,but the gross bitch is probably right.

joijoij

ITS KURT COBAIN IN HIS OWN PERSONAL HELL....FORCED TO SING CHEESY SONGS HE WOULD NEVER DREAM ABOUT EVEN LISTENING TO AT THE COMMAND OF GUITAR HERO HACKS.........I LOVE IT!

Su

Courtney is a money hungry pig. She's so screwed up, she can't even keep track of the volume of lies she tells. How can she complain about Bon Jovi, when she was the one who sold Kurt out to begin with. She lost her any punk rock cred she had, a long-long time ago. Give it up Court. The only one raping Frances and Kurt, is you Ms. Love! Tsk Tsk.

Stacy

Coutney has been raping all things Cobain for the last 15 years. She even tried to prevent the other members of Nirvana from releasing recorded material ( "You Know You're Right") . She's a whore who's best business move was not to let Kurt divorce her ass before he died.

nemo

Who the hell would want to be caught singing a God awful Bon Jovi song? He's a liberal puss who's so 15 years ago

MJ's KIDS

I'm so happy because today I've found my friends there in my head and I'm so ugly but that's ok cuz so are you. Kurt you rocked dude.

FlamingoNut

For once, she just might be right...

Denise

Kurt Cobain and Jon Bon Jovi are you kidding me?? Kurt Cobain can not hold a candle to Jon Bon Jovi. Give me a break. Courtney Coke Head better think (if able for one minute)before she opens her plastic surgery mouth..Go on and get some more surgery and drugs from the money you make off your dead husband and leave the talented, class acts alone such as Bon Jovi...Get a job Courtney!

Sam

If I was Jon Bon Jovi or any member of the band or any other band in the game i would take this as a massive insult. Who's she to say what they write and play isn't "Music".

Kate

Seriously, who really cares?

It's a game, Courtney. Get over yourself. Kurt wasn't that great anyway. If he was still alive, nobody would care anymore. The funny thing is, Jon Bon Jovi is the complete opposite of Kurt Cobain and is still selling out multiple nights in stadiums around the world.

And for the record, if you dig a little deeper into Bon Jovi's catalogue, beyond the "greatest hits", you'll find a lot of depth and meaning in their songs. They release the upbeat, poppy songs as singles because they're smart and know what will sell. The album tracks are the real gold as far as Bon Jovi is concerned. They're not the "fluff" band so many people think they are.

eckiddo

the fact that kurt cobain was completely against commercialism.. i have a feeling that kurt wouldnt okay his likeness being used at all.
so activision didn't "debase" his image by having him as a character.. love did. she was just in it for the money.
she always has been, and always will be.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4