Mischa on Her Breakdown - Blame It on the Tooth

9/11/2009 4:39 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mischa Barton opened up about her August breakdown today on "The View" -- saying the whole thing started when her wisdom teeth surgery went "really badly wrong."

Mischa Barton: Click to watch
A lucid Mischa said she was already "overwhelmed" by work when she went in for surgery, which only made things worse. Barton says she was sent to the psychiatric ward because, "If you say anything, like, negative in the hospital and they think you're a risk to yourself, they hold you, they won't let you go."

Mischa said she hit "rock bottom," but is "fine" now and called the whole ordeal a "wake-up call."

Kooky Fan

I love KOOKY KLOWN.

Snarksnarksnark

I had two surgeries to remove four wisdom (right side, then left side) while I was working nine to eleven hours a day. I never landed in the psych ward.

JONS MOMMA

WHO IS THIS LOST LITTLE GIRL AND WHY IS THIS NEWS? SHE PROBABLY GOT THIS STORY FOR LOHAN OR ONE OF THOSE OTHER CROTCH FLASHERS...

dish rags

first first first!

Lindsay

actually getting my wisdom teeth out caused me to become addicted to pain meds...

Sweet Thang

whocares

She looks like she is in her late 30's.... she is not aging well.

balls

balls

dish rags

7. Don’t celebrities have enough respect for the public to come up with a half way believable lie? I wish they would all SHUT UP and not even bother uttering this pathetic crap. Its just insulting.

Posted at 4:26PM on Sep 11th 2009 by Lulu

We have asked everyone to please keep your comments related to the story. Please comply with those wishes. Thank you

Trudell

I was feeling for her, until she said, "I was around all THESE people and I realized I was nothing like them. I have a career and I work so hard." What a Bitch!!! I mean, just because someone is in the psych ward doesn't mean they don't have a career and work hard. Lots of people have mental illnesses and need treatment. Psych just means 'emotional state', it doesn't mean they're crazy or something! Get a clue, Bitch!

whocares

Is this the actress who thought she was too big to continue on the show the O.C. Since then what has she done? I love it when actors think they make the series and when the leave the show you never hear from them again working as an actor. Perhaps they start a clothing or handbag line...

sam

mischa seems lovely. Wisdom teeth hurt like mad btw, i can't imagine the pain of 4!

Joeb

really badly wrong ?? do what ??

sam

@ post 12, she probably left as the series she left in was crap, she got out at the right time. the next series was terrible.

Marj

OH BOO HOO! WORK IS SO TOUGH! You make enough money....take a bloody vacation and quit your whining!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments