« BACK TO TMZ TMZ

Tila Tequila -- DA Made a 'Reckless' Decision

9/11/2009 9:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tila Tequila is lashing out at the San Diego DA's office for their decision to not file criminal charges against her ex-boyfriend Shawne Merriman.

TMZ obtained the following statement from Tila's rep:

"Tila Tequila is the victim of a violent crime. The San Diego District attorney's decision not to press charges against Shawne Merriman for the battering of Tila Tequila demonstrates an unconscionable negligence in the discharging of their public duties. We strongly feel that justice has not been served in this matter.

Obviously, The San Diego Charger's NFL franchise brings millions of dollars in revenue to the city of San Diego, and it seems clear that other interests are being served by the DA's office than the upholding of the law. A young woman was violently beaten and choked, and the physical evidence is both overwhelming and disturbing. Tila's account of the events has remained consistent from the beginning, while Merriman's story has changed repeatedly.

Just because the DA has made this reckless decision doesn't mean that justice will not be served in this case. No one is above the law. Tila Tequila will immediately begin pursuing civil charges against Mr. Merriman and she will have her day in court."

For more sports stories, check out tmzsports.com!

unknown

I was a victim of a violent crime. I don't believe for one second she was a victim. If there were any signs of violence such as marks around a "choked" woman's neck (which i had 3 days later still) then charges would've been pressed. She also was caught in a big lie. She states "I don't drink I am allergic to alcohol" if you seriously wanted someone to believe that maybe you shouldn't have been taped on your own show drinking like a fish. enough said. Thanks Tila for making it harder on real victims like myself to get people to believe a real battered woman. What a low life.

Seriously....

To # 81.) Thanks Tila for making it harder on real victims like myself to get people to believe a real battered woman. What a low life. -------------------------------------------------------------------

That is exactly how I feel too. People like her think of no one but themselves, but this is backfiring on her and I think the backlash has only just begun.

Differentme09

I know her & believe her!! Just because he's a football player ($$)he thinks he can get away with anything. Go ahead Tila get his sorry sss.. Because of their status more & more pay their way out of these type of situations & the victim is left behind (usually a woman) without any other say. I hope she takes him all the way..

me

I think i question whether or not this is true or an opportunity to get her name out there again. Her whole career rests on remaining in the spotlight. The struggle to keep her from driving could have caused the bruises on her arm and when she files a civil suit it will be a financial gain to her possibly.

I think looking into his background and hers would tell what is going on.

Mattiebby

Seriously, idc what anyone thinks about tila, But when a man puts his hands on a woman he deserves to be charged. & About the whole she drinks, cause her last name is tequila. She is allergic to alcohol, & thats why her last name is tequila, its supposed to be " sarcastic " okay but honestly i hope he pays. (:
- MattieBBy

Bonnie

Hey if true, expect to be like Joyce Murphy and spend six years on supervised visitation, while a pedolphile has the run of the courts.

Essentially, two little girls did what the cops wouldn't. Their job.

me

#85, she drinks. see her show. and even if she wasnt drinking alcohol she parties. Any impairment would render you not fit to drive. I am not saying she is lying but I question this and anyone that has followed her would question it too. I dont think the DA would take his side just because he is a pro ball player. This will all be hashed out in the end. It seems that she likes attention no matter how she gets it and why would she even be noncommittal about whether she would forgive someone who brutalized her in the way she said he did. It throws up questions in my mind.

GailDeVille

he wouldn't get away with that in Nashville,,,,he would get McNaired......karma is a bitch...

When will they learn?

This crazy b**ch has a picture of Shawn Merriman as her background on Twitter. This tramp is definitely crazy and she needs help immediately. Shawne Merriman should've given this trick a psychological test before he hit that because she is ruining his life. Stay away from the crazy ones Shawn because they will make your life miserable. This should be a lessoned learned for you Mr. Merriman.

Tom

You mean Tia does not have any credibility? Really? A worthless, attention grabbing slut is not to be believed? What has this world come to?

KINGDAVID

TILA, TEQUILA, YOU ARE A JOKE, YOU SHOULD GET CHOKED.... GO START A NEW SEASON, OF IF YOU WANT A GUY OR A WOMAN AGAIN, LAME AHSS BHITCHHHHHHHHHHHH... I HATE THESE LAME BHITCHES, KEEP POSTING USELESS NOTES ON THE WEB ,

K. Rowe

"The trial of the century that never was. And it seems that Tila is already moving on to sexier pastures. A few hours ago, she posted this on her Twitter: "CONTEST: whomever calls me with the BEST fun date idea, Im gonna give you a call back & we can go on the date! BE CREATIVE! (860) 256-8452! It's a shame because I bought a TON of new lingerie....but no one to wear them for.....=/ Can I play dress up with you???? (860) 256-8452."

So this is what she is up to after be "beaten" this bitch is a trick ho.... stop defending her TMZ, she is full of crap that her breath stinks of it..........THE END!

Suzie

Violently beaten and choked? Oh come on there were no marks found on her by the paramedics and the D.A. saw right through her B.S.

Justme

See TT, sometimes being a Ho just doesnt pay, does it???? Tweet away Ho, show everyone what the hell your made of. Talk trash, get treated like trash. Chit happens. You brought this on yourself. Face it, you are not to be believed. Hahahahahaha

Jessica

Every body need's to quit haten on TT, the men never do anything wrong it's always the females that are in the wrong right? no see all you men out there. Lie to us lady's and tell us you are going to give us the world then it starts goin sour you start beating us and emotionally abusing us the list keeps going on and on. The point of this is I have been where TT is, the man get's in trouble and manipulates everyone into believing that we are the crazy one's and we are lying. when it's not us it's the men. The truth will come out about him if it has happened this time it has happend before but noone was brave enough to go to the police. Karma's a b**** he'll get his.