Aretha Franklin -- The Queen's Latest Crown

9/15/2009 12:04 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

After sparking a fashion frenzy with her big-bowed Inauguration headgear, Queen of Soul Aretha Franklin rocked another fabulous chapeau while walking on her own power near Central Park on Monday.

0910_media_removed_Lindsay_Lohan1

The 67-year-old knows hat's entertainment.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6

Dblog

Maybe she could use some celebrity fit club. Or maybe a celebrity biggest loser.

PASSION OF THE TAINT

Hay it's kool aid...

olivia

She is beautiful and she should join http://www.bbwcommunity.com

CC

ARETHA!
NOW YOU KNOW GOOD N WELL,I TOLD YOU TO STAY OFF THAT FRIED CHICKIN..... YOU KNOW THAT! SO WHY YOU KEEP ON DOIN IT ??? WHY ARETHA!

moonwalker

59. Y'all think Beyonce's a great singer I bet. LOSERS!

Posted at 5:17PM on Sep 15th 2009 by Granny Pants

Well said Granny Pants. This new generation of people just doesn't seem to know what good music is anymore do they? They don't know that most of these older artists are the ones who influenced these younger ones. These people are the real roots to soul, R&B, etc. If it weren't for them, these young singers wouldn't have a chance today. So all you young people out there who don't have a clue about real music need to shut the hell up. You don't even know what the hell you are talking about. This is also the type of music Michael Jackson and his family grew up to just to let you all know.

bill

What's up with the fake hair? When you're morbidly obese getting the nicest hair extensions money can buy is absurd. Kind of like sprinkling sugar on a turd. Its still a turd.
The vast, vast majority of singers and entertainers take a great deal of pride in their appearance. When you see those like Aretha or Kelly Clarkson who don't seem to care what they look like it is baffling. Aretha was famous before she got fat but she has been very fat for the last 20 plus years. Sad to see

Alabama

I love Aretha because she a sweet lady. At least you don't hear much about her life and how WILD and CRAZY she is. Some woman her age makes me ashamed. They don't have respect for themselves and you know they don't care about the younger woman that is out today. At least she does act her age.
I don't care what is being said, I would have hear she is fat than to hear the talk about her and somebody elses man, or sleeping with other woman, drugs, stealing, dresses up to her rump.
Aretha, please just try one day at a time to lose weight, if you need me to encourage you YES!!!!!!!!!!! I KNOW YOU CAN DO IT. You are a beautiful woman and I am so proud of you.

Love,