Obama

Caught on Tape

Calling Kanye 'Jackass'

9/15/2009 5:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Obama Caught on Tape Calling Kanye 'Jackass'TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

Kanye's Big Show

Miles

If Kanye West was white....ALL OF YOU HERE AGREEING WITH OBAMA WOULD BE CALLING HIM A RACIST!!! I see how America really works and ever since someone other than a white guy has been in the white house. We have seen folks showing their true colors.

Jimmy Carter knows whats up and hes 100% correct.

*discuss*

Hocuspocus

Amazing, just amazing. The President happens to have a personal opinion about a worthless entertainer behaving in a manner that is true to his normal crude conduct, and these comments deteriorate into a black white political slanging match.

As for "B" who posted:

72. why is the president watching the VMA's? This guy is a celebrity, not a president.

what a joke.

Strange, I didn't realize being "President" meant one is no longer able to enjoy entertainment or have a personal life. Ronald Reagan was an entertainer and President in the truest sense, I hardly think the celebrity argument will fly here, even if he were, so what.
What is sad here is the time you wasted writing that crass and naive post.

In my opinion President Obama got it right.

REV. T.C.S.

Why is it OK to falsely call the Pres. a liar, but critisize him for honestly answering a question? K.W. is a egocentric jerk!

Hocuspocus

Miles, you may have posted this to prove a point but what it seems to prove to me is that you have used this platform to again force this into a black white issue. YOU wrote:

694. I will post this to prove a point that some of you are racist and dont even realize it...even blacks. This is something that America must deal with if our country is to become what we need it to be.

Jimmy Carter knows whats up and hes 100% correct.

*discuss*

Posted at 1:23PM on Sep 16th 2009 by Miles

This has nothing to do with the issue of B&W but everything to do with people like you trying to force your agenda of race into everything you write.

I respectfully submit the racist must be you....

Anne

My hero...Way to go Mr. President!!
I can't understand all the excitement...Jeez they asked him as a person not as the president.
He's a human being with an opinion and honestly, everyone thinks Kanye is a jackass

Miles

I posted what I posted. BECAUSE THIS IS WHAT I SEE HAPPENING. I am on no one's side. I could give a flying flip what Kanye did. I just know that if Kanye West was white. Most agreeing with President Obama today.... WOULDNT. You all can say whatever you want. I see the trends.

Then you add in the fact THE PRESIDENT was disrespected because every one there while he made these comments knew. IT WAS OFF THE RECORD. But yet it makes headline news? To me it shows a discrepency in the way America treats its Presidents. Especially now that we have one who isnt white.

Out of all the bull**** that left G.Bush's mouth in his 8 years. No one gave it the "same" amount of attention and outcry as you see happening to Obama. Off Record means off record....and I agree with Obama. Now someone tell my why this is in the news? Give the damn man some respect. Thats the problem.

LH

Americans have become very rude and their vocabulary has been reduced to "F" this and "effin" that for emphasis when they speak a sentence. Thanks to Kanye and all the other rappers around. President Obama and his wife have daughters so they should not keep their personal opinions to themselves for the protection of their daughters and everyone else's daughter. The President's opinion is reasonable.

The other dis-respectful behavior that bothers me about Americans is how the non-disabled treated the people with disabilities. DO NOT use the toilet stalls for people with disabilities as a dressing room. Unless you are disabled and need those rails installed on the wall to lift yourself up off the throne -- stay out of a handicapped person's stall even if no one is in there. At any moment someone may walk in and need that toilet.

Jake

Miles

Most arent going to understand what you are saying. I see what you are talking about. I mean we all know that Kanye West is a jackass. The point being, why is it all of a sudden news when Obama says it?

This is a reflection of how hes being treated differently. If we are going to talk about Obama's off the record comments. Then lets talk about the Congressman who went on an on about his illicit affair with a lobbyist. All caught on tape too. Because THAT is what we should be talking about....not this.

Just shows where American priorites are and why things are so messed up. SMH

leesarai

Here we go again another ase of double standards according to stature. Now Kanye was dam near black-barred for having his own opinion of the swift girls vocal skills, but it's okay for the president to express his opinion that Kanye's an a**hole. Come on america, make up your minds. Do you want people to have freedom of speech and rights to their own opinion or would it feel better if we pick who can say what about who. It's time to come off the playground and grow up. People talk about people all the time, where is the right to free speech when you can't even give your opinion on someone. Like I said before, he could have told her off stage, so the way in which he did it was foul,but he had a right to feel she couldn't sing, that's his opinion.
For all the little girls who say Beyonce is so sweet and Swift is so sweet and classy, you don't know these people at home. Everything you see is only an image for the world's eyes. We didn't know bush used to sniff coke until he came out, we didn't know John Travolta was gay (we thought he was a stud), we didn't know Eddie Murphy liked it from the back until he was caught with Johnny. Don't get so caught up in hollywood bull and forget that it is an entertainable world everyone is putting on a show for someone. Live with these people for five years and then tell me what class is and show how the sugar melts on these stars. I'm out.

LensmanCT

Obama is a Jackass and , in his own words, "Acted Stupidly". Maybe he will invite Kanye and his band of thugs to the White House for a beer. Actually, I think that obama has just as much class as Kanye...none!

R.Zimmerman

Leave Bama alone. He simply stated the one thing on which all Americans
can agree.

stacey

As a Republican who does't even normally care for Obama, for once I have to say, RIGHT ON OBAMA! Couldn't agree with you more buddy!

leesarai

706. Here we go again another case of double standards according to stature. Now Kanye was dam near black-barred for having his own opinion of the swift girls vocal skills, but it's okay for the president to express his opinion that Kanye's an a**hole. Come on america, make up your minds. Do you want people to have freedom of speech and rights to their own opinion or would it feel better if we pick who can say what about who. It's time to come off the playground and grow up. People talk about people all the time, where is the right to free speech when you can't even give your opinion on someone. Like I said before, he could have told her off stage, so the way in which he did it was foul,but he had a right to feel she couldn't sing, that's his opinion.

Photoguy

Peachie, the president is human just like you and I...do you also think it is inappropriate for a president to watch a football game on Sunday? or breath air like we do? jeeshhh

Plus do keep in mind this was asked as a question and he's just answering, what's the big deal?...be happy you have a president that seems normal and not above everything...it certainly makes me feel good knowing my president can be as human as me

Na Na

It's a darn shame the President can't open his mouth without every word he says being printed. Hell, he said, we all thought it!!! Kanye West was a jackass for what he did to Taylor Swift!!! I agree with the President 100% on this!!!

Previous 15 Comments | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments