Obama

Caught on Tape

Calling Kanye 'Jackass'

9/15/2009 5:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Obama Caught on Tape Calling Kanye 'Jackass'TMZ has obtained the audiotape of President Barack Obama calling Kanye West a "jackass" for hijacking Taylor Swift's acceptance speech during the VMAs.

The audio was recorded just before Obama went on camera to do an interview with CNBC. Before the interview began, Obama -- referring to Kanye's antics on stage -- said "I thought that was really inappropriate," then adding, "He's a jackass."

After making the remarks, Obama said "Where's the pool?" Presumably, he was worried the joke would go wide. He noted the last time that happened, he got burned for killing a fly.

Obama said, "Cut the President some slack."

Kanye's Big Show

Lauren

Wow, this is the first time I've ever actually agreed with something Obama has said.

Deb

While I don't agree with Obama's politics, I thought he was dead on when he called Kanye a jackass. Two thumbs WAY UP for the President.

Pimp Daddy

47. Why does our commander in chief have time to comment on stuff like this? Isn't he busy running the world? My tax dollars pay his salary, get to f...ing work! Oh, and why does his wife need 28 assistants? Seriously?!

Posted at 3:18PM on Sep 15th 2009 by joyce

BECAUSE HE HAS A PERSONAL LIFE TOO !!!!

REMEMBER WHEN BUSH TOO VACATIONS FOR A THIRD OF EACH YEAR.
THATS 3 MONTHS OFF IF YOU CAN'T FIGURE IT OUT FOR YOUR SELF..
HE HAS THE SAME RIGHTS AS THE REST OF AMERICANS !

HE THINKS KANYA IS A JACK ASS, BFD .. KANYA IS A JACK ASS

mrez golucky

Yikes! Yes!!!

Maisy

Sure it's true Kanye is a jackass for what he did, but my only beef with this article is how is it ok for Obama to call someone a jackass when this Wilson guy is now being called a racist because he said "you lie" to the president?

They are both equally stupid things for the media to even be talking about. Obama has his opinion Wilson had his. The Congress and the media have become a bunch of sissies.

How does the british paralment survive the heckling?

harvey will get his in the end.

How is this appropriate for a LEADER to call someone this? Whether you like him or not, just like he ignorantly spoke about the white cop arresting the black man, he should know better as the "president" or a fricking leader. You know all you people who keep belittling everyone for change or being a republican or windows user or this and that yet ya'll act like this. How does this help? Isn't this part of the friggin problem? Whether true or not, off the record or on, the President should know better. Yet he continues to prove that he doesn't and you continue to prove that your head is up your a$$.

Joyce(#47)I really hope you didn't post this message while you are/were on your boss's clock bc then that'd be just lovely.....I bet anything that had he not commented on the issue pple would be calling him a racist and throwing that race card...RIDICULOUS!!!

Vmax

Kanye needed a smackdown, and I am glad the Commander in Chief gave him one. You know you need to smarten up when the President of the United States says that he thinks you are a jackass.

harvey will get his in the end.

48. I never liked Obama. Still don't.... but I like what he said !!!! About time one racist called out another :)

Posted at 3:19PM on Sep 15th 2009 by IMO

I could be blind, but isn't Kayne dating a white broad?

Pimp Daddy

36. Out of line Obama! .......Keep shaking things up Kanye
conformity and walking a single file line sucks ass.

Posted at 3:16PM on Sep 15th 2009 by j

YOU ARE JUST AS DUMB AS KANYA....
THE FANS PICK THE WINNERS, NOT MTV..

SO THAT MEANS THAT MORE FANS VOTED FOR TAYLOR THAN THEY
DID FOR BEOUNCE .. AT LEAST SHE HAS CLASS AND INVITED TAYLOR
OUT ON STAGE WITH HER..... SHE KNEW IT WAS WRONG OF HIM TO
SHOW HIS ASS ,, HE WAS ACTING LIKE A SPOILED IGNORANT CHILD.

A JACK ASS ,, HIS ATTEMPT AT SAY HE WAS SORRY WAS A SCAM
HIS LABEL GOT ON HIS ASS... HIS SALES WILL GO DOWN EVEN MORE
NOW.......

Wendy

For once I agree with Obama

JustMe

Let's see, the President called a jackass a jackass. I'm fine with that!

I'd actually rather hear our Presidents just speak like this than have 10 staff writers make everything politically correct. More might get done in Washington, and we might feel better about it, if we just got to hear what they really were saying.

That said, every single thing Obama said about Kayne and Taylor is spot on and what all of us are saying.

Allie

Thats awesome, even the president thinks Kanye is a d-bag! I love Obama, he keeps it real!

MG

Can't wait for KW to hear this. He's been dissed by the President of the United States. This is the first thing that Obama has done that I truly appreciate! :)

WHYME?

Here goes another beer summit!!, Kanye, pres and Mss Swift.