Drew Carey -- One Hell of a Lunch Date

9/19/2009 8:15 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Drew CareyDrew Carey is still the patron saint of free lunches in Hollywood.

The "Price Is Right" host became famous during the writers' strike for picking up the tab for any striking writer who flashed their WGA card. Now, we've learned Drew has expanded his generosity to include everyone.

A spy at Swingers in Los Angeles says Drew bought everyone in the restaurant lunch between the hours of 10:00 AM and 2:00 PM this past Thursday. Drew even let his Twitter followers in on the act when he posted, "I'm at Swinger's at 8020 Beverly Blvd in LA. Anybody who gets here by 2pm and is prepared to leave a good tip, your meal is on me."

One patron told us they added a brownie sundae onto their order -- once they learned it was all on Drew.

mrez golucky

Yikes! Drew Baby!

sam

That is a nice gesture by him.

Bjew

before all of the comments come in about showing off and what not, yay to those guys for having fun, we all deserve a little luxury now and then

John

He seems a lot classier than the regular Hollywood douchebags! Midwest represent!

Carter Forster - London, Ontario, Canada

Was it a gay club? I'm just sayin'... ;-)

Mary Worth

Great news about a celeb for a change. And it made me sorry I thought negative things about him.

Sad sad

Drew Carey Rocks! You can't say nothing bad about him.

smorbie

I've always heard he was a really good guy. It seems that's true
smorbie

I Love Memphis

Drew, you are a fantastic human being. What a good deed this is. Nice to know that there are good hearted people out there. You touched my heart after reading this. God Bless you... Watch you every day. Have a wonderful day my man.

Linda Mott

When all the other stars are making fools of themselves, Drew is a good role model.

Karen

That was really cool of him! What a genuinely nice guy.

To those of you with comments like: "poo poo face," I am really curious how old you are? Please reply.

really?

why is this under wacky and weird? It's the most awesome act of human kindness I've seen in my surfing so far this a.m

Courtney

That was very cool of him. Good for you Drew. That show's he's not just another a..hole actor.

Alyx

What a nice celebrity! and that is difficult to say these days. Many of them have let money and fame go to their heads. But to order more food just because someone else is paying does not sound so nice as a recipient of good fortune and excessive kindness.

juli seutter

Drew is the MAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments