Edwards: Secret Wedding, Dave Matthews?

9/20/2009 10:46 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John EdwardsNo, it's not a storyline on "Guiding Light" (RIP) -- but rather the latest chapter in the John Edwards mistress scandal.

The guy who once claimed he was the father of the child born to Edwards' mistress, Rielle Hunter, is now claiming Edwards is the real daddy (duh!) and that Edwards once promised Hunter he would marry her after his wife died (she's sick with cancer) -- this according to a book proposal obtained by the NY Times.

Andrew Young, Edwards' former aide, claims Edwards told Hunter it would be a rooftop wedding and the Dave Matthews Band would make an appearance, the Times says.

Because it's the dream of every major recording artist to play at the wedding of a disgraced politician to the mistress they had a child out of wedlock with after the politician's first wife dies of cancer.

La Toya Jackson

I liked him and would have voted for him.. He could have ended up president.... Now he will be lucky to work for burger king

SimonSays

What an ASS. And she is no better. Anyone who knowingly involves themselves with someone who is married is slime.

UGGGGHHH

Rielle Hunter IS A DOUCHE BAG. EDWARDS SHOULD OF KEPT HIS PANTS ZIPPERED. HE IS DISPICABLE AND MAKES ME SICK.

MY HEART BREAKS FOR ELIZABETH EDWARDS. I HOPE SHE HAS A VERY LONG LIFE. I HOPE RIELLE HUNTER DIES SOON.

becky

I think if we knew half of what these politicians in washington... Dem or Repub... did and or do we would demand that they all step down.

Dave Evans

you can't blame edwards, he's just trying to get laid.
On another topic, any girls wanna go camping?

sensible grandma

If everything reported is absolutely fact, than John Edwards should be ashamed of himself. His wife is terminally ill, and to "make plans" for a new life with someone else while she is still alive is ridiculous. Highly inappropriate. The stress being put on his wife, will send her to her grave sooner than later.

angel

I'm ashamed to say that I at one time wanted him for the presidency. When Edwards started touring w/ Elizabeth, I looked at her and knew something besides cancer was desperately wrong. She looked like someone had just dropped a bomb on her. And someone did. I hope she has the strength to divorce John when the DNA test shows it IS HIS CHILD. Because, IT is his.

liz

His wife said she would have left him in a minute, but with her health situation to consider, she must think of her two young children, and their needs.

Ziggy

Everyone acts like marriage is still a sacred institution. Both men and women cheat on their spouses all the time. Our society is in a rapid moral decline. Hollywood is a reflection of our society, look at all the crap they promote.

I would have figured Edwards as bisexual, him boning another woman and making a baby is a shock. Of course he is a louse and that other woman is a slut, but it's no big surprise. Our congressman are NOT saints, so get over it. Elizabeth knows this ain't no fairytale. She knowingly married a manwhore and manwhores cheat.

Kathy

A family member of mine was fortunate to have breakfast with Elizabeth Edwards during the campaign and told me how nice she was. I wish only the best for Mrs. Edwards and this entire situation is very sad.

stan

he is still fn her. she now lives only a few miles away from him

Confused

This is outrageous. What a dirtbag.

Linda

I think that a romantic relationship between Edwards and Hunter could never work in future. Like Dr. Phil says, people having a romantic affair and subsequently destroying marriages have a very small probability of remaining together ... something like a 5% chance. Too much damage has been done to families, etc. There's no going back ... Rielle likely has lost John forever, their only connection being this child; but at least she has a guaranteed meal ticket. She will likely never have to work again, the mooch. I have little respect for women who don't make in their own without a man!

mary

I find it interesting that ALL the anger is toward John Edwards and none toward Mr.Young who is the S.O.B that is writing the book.Young is the one who has gossiped that Edwards allegedly told Ms.Hunter he would marry her when his wife died from cancer.I think that for Young to reveal that is just as hurtful to Elizabeth Edwards as what her husband did.Screw you Mr. Young and I urge people not to buy his book.

jOhNNy bOttLeS

America take a good look because each state has one of these d-bags running it. I should know Im from Florida. Hey TMZ when are going to hunt down Jeb Bush for what he pulled in the 2000 election. Or how his son was stalking his ex. You dont hear nothing about that. But you'll bother Nick Hogan but not the Bush's. I think TMZ should kick it up a notch, sh*t hire me I'll at his front door tomorrow.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments