David Hasselhoff's Daughter Says Dad was Drunk

9/21/2009 9:16 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

David HasselhoffTMZ has learned David Hasselhoff was taken to the hospital Sunday night after his daughter sounded an alarm that he had been drinking to excess.

We've learned 17-year-old Hayley Hasselhoff -- who was at home with David -- called her mother Pamela, claiming David was extremely drunk. One of Pamela's friends called 911, paramedics arrived at the family's home in Encino and took him to the hospital.

We're told the hospital was supposed to release David Sunday night.

No comment yet from Hasselhoff's reps.

Rose

And he has custody of his daughter because...?

love her!

I feel really bad for Hasselhoff's ex and children. Alcoholism is very serious. Depends how toxic the alcohol in his system and the levels in his body. A 17 year old would only want to see her dad NOT die and so by calling 911 to get him help was the right thing to do. He needs to stop doing this not only to himself but to his family and must I say because I don't know why he has them but..his fans..seriously this guy can't have fans..But anyway he needs to get help and stop doing this to his kids.

rskaz

Is he auditioning to be a conservative talk show host?

Extravagantly-Creative

Tells you how strong addiction to alcohol is . . . .

"ANTABUSE" -or- "DISULFIRAM"

Hoff needs to take the above pill which makes you violently sick whenever you consume any amount of alcohol.

DM

Quit making your daughter save your life GET SOBER STAY SOBER

janalal4

78. The guy has a problem but what I find "interesting" is that when this happens the daughter(s) always call his ex first then it's her or someone from her camp that calls the EMS.

Seems to me if anyone is suspected of having alcohol poisoning (since that's a short step to death) that the EMS is called first, not the ex that fights with the guy all the time and has help delayed. That kind of delay could be the difference between living and dying with this type of thing.

Then this woman releases stuff about what happens and next you read she's going for custody or some crap because they still have one kid that's 14.

I think they are all sick.

Wonder too if he really had alcohol poisoning being as how he was suppose to be released a few hours later.

Since once you are poisoned by the alcohol death is a real possibility, the hospital wouldn't release someone that fast.

People with alcohol poisoning are out cold. It's like they are in a coma and vitals are dangerously low blah, blah, blah.....at that point it's a real possibility they don't wake up....he may well have been drunk but if they felt comfortable waiting to call the EMS, I can't really think it was poisoning.

Posted at 9:50AM on Sep 21st 2009 by Lycan

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/21/david-hasselhoffs-daughter-drunk-hospital-hayley/6#comments#ixzz0RkYPf5La

WRONG!! Back in my "using" days, I had alcohol poisoning. My level was .386(that was the level done at the hospital, it was probably higher than that before I WAS FOUND, since alcohol dissipates over time) I was cold & unconcious when I was found but the paramedics were able to roust me up & they were able to get epicac down me by the time I got admitted to the ER. I was able to be released in a matter of hours so this scenario is definitely plausible. STILL took me another 15 years or so to get into 'recovery'. Hope this guy lives to see that day!!

Nix

Oh my! Not again!! He needs to go to A & A or rehab for sure. I hope he doesn't drive for his sake and other cars and pedistrians as could drive drunk. He seems together for 'America's Got Talent'show, although all the judges are not performers in music or dancing so I don't even know where they get off being judges.
David, your kids are crying out for help for you as they love you and are worried. Why stress your family out and embarrass yourself. Get help!! You are an alcoholic!!

anthonysdreamgirl**

this guy even seems drunk while working on "america's got talent". kick him off, noone wants to see that drunk on television... maybe when he doesn't have a job he'll decide to make some changes. anyone else in america would get fired if they showed up drunk to work...loser.

janalal4

82. )

Tells you how strong addiction to alcohol is . . . .

"ANTABUSE" -or- "DISULFIRAM"

Posted at 10:07AM on Sep 21st 2009 by Extravagantly-Creative
Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/21/david-hasselhoffs-daughter-drunk-hospital-hayley/6#c21781834#ixzz0RkaxWOqa

Just saw your post. YEP!!! It worked for me! The stuff is WICKED though. While on it, I had a salad & not thinking, put a salad dressing on it containing vinegar. BIG MISTAKE!! There are certain foods you just cannot eat when taking it, vinegar being one of them. OH MAN! A headache like you cannot even IMAGINE!! But you are right. That Antabuse will do it as long as your willing to take it every day. It's amazingly effective because even when you stop it, you can't drink for at least 7 days because it remains in your system. It is definitely an excellent deturant. After that "salad dressing" episode, no way in hell I was gonna try to cheat & drink!!

Nickers

If his family loves him then they need to band together and force him into rehab like Britney Spears' family did w/ her....or do what June Carter did w/ Johnny Cash; lock him in a room, give him food & water and that's it until he's detoxed. Once he's detoxed the family should all sit w/ him and demand that he seek counsel.

He's destroying his life!!!!!

suzukigurletoo

The man clearly suffers from the disease of alcoholism. It is soooo sad that this poor 17 year old is suffering try to take care of her father --this is such as sad disease that affects the entire family. I am praying for them all, especially the little 17 year caretaker.

Me

#70: I would wager a lot of money that you're an alcoholic as well. They're the only ones who ever rail at the "injustice" of no one leaving a drunk to drink in peace.

L.S

Betty Ford David for christsakes

Judas

This is what happens when your concept of self and your self esteem are tied into being young and good looking. As he gets older he becomes what he doesn't want to be. Old.

When he is drunk, he is once again, young and good looking. That is much more important to him than his health or his family.

Vanity, thy name is David Hasselhof.

Judas