L.A. to Kanye

We Forgive You!!!

9/27/2009 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He may be a social pariah everywhere else -- but when Kanye West made a surprise appearance at Common's benefit concert last night in Hollywood, he got a hero's welcome.

The crowd at the show -- which featured Common, Nas, Ludacris, De La Soul, The Roots, Mos Def, Talib Kweli and more -- just exploded when Kanye rushed out on stage. He stayed for a few songs -- including "Good Life" and "Run This Town" -- and had the crowd going nuts the whole time.

Kanye was able to perform without interruption.

Law

Hahaha, #91 Reality Check called Kanye West a "thug". WTF is THUGGISH about Kanye West?!?!?!?! That is TOO funny. Just call him the N word and be done with it. That's what you really wanna say, right? You jumped from him interrupting her awards speech to him raping her. Wow. I bet you'd lynch us all given the opportunity wouldn't you? smh

janalal4

As an impartial witness to the furious back & forth postings going on here with, shall we say, "racist overtones'; I would like to pass along an observation I have made recently. I have noticed that whenever there is an article whose primary focus is an African-American, everyone starts calling everyone else a racist on the boards & the arguments start. Like I said, I have no desire to enter into this war so don't even start with me, okay? Just an obsevation! By the way, I am white.

La Toya Jackson

Back to ME !!! .. I need Mo Money .. Mo Money .. MUCH MO MONEY !!!

janalal4

98. you guys are dumbass the people who are cheering for him are f**king white people. the people at the front row are white waving their hands to kanye west music.

you racist people makes me laugh you trying everything to start a race war.

Posted at 3:47PM on Sep 27th 2009 by Tony

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/09/27/kanye-west-common-concert-los-angeles-video/7#c21930119#ixzz0SLH1S7Nj

Sorry but this poster is correct. I had to look twice to be sure but that is the "whitest" crowd I've ever seen at a rap concert! That's one of the first things I noticed the first time I viewed this video & BEFORE I saw the comment about the "black arms waving" & Tony's post above. Does anyone know what city this concert took place in?? I'm just curious.

janalal4

Please forgive the question. I'm an ASS! I just went back & read the name of the city in the article. Geez, sorry.

SERIOUSLY!!!

Drunk and/or drugged head bangin' audience probably thought Michael Jackson was back from the dead and they got to witness his resurrection... NOT! (what a loser Kayne was and still is... Taylor Swift fiasco or not!!)

patilee

SHAMEFUL!

Telya

What were you expecting? If someone can sing (or fans think they can) they can get away with anything. He hated it that a white girl won something and he hates white people and acted awful but no one cares. He'll stay on top like any hateful, arrogant celeb.
I have about decided that the world can't come together because people hate each other and rag on each other and have very few boundaries. Everything is "us" and "them". No "we".
These musicians also need to stop going to awards shows drunk.

rotrow

Everybody knows Sparkling Wiggles stick together, gang mentality and low IQ and no music ability celebration.

Sue Wong

TO ERR IS HUMAN
TO FORGIVE DIVINE

Eric

I was mad and disappointed in him too. But come on. He did not physically hurt anyone. He made a mistake. Let it go. Time to FORGIVE AND FORGET.

spuds

does not matter that L.A. forgives him, some crazy country music redneck will snip him first chance and then you ear rape rapp lovers can worship him from afar, make him your white hating dead shooting star

Dan

WHITE IS RIGHT, DOWN WITH BROWN. I WOULD NEVER EVEN OWN A PAIR OF BLACK SHOES.

Wasted Spice

Not only do we forgive you , we have decided that your little comedy routine was hilarious ! In fact, i'll go one better.... it was the most hiliarous comment of ALL TIME ! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLO

#645732 - Cell Block H

What a riot. The whites make racist remarks, then the blacks retaliate with their own brand of racism. I guess because he didn't (kill) anyone we should forgive him. O K, I'm sorry my ancestors kept you as slaves. Am I forgiven for something I never had anything to do with? Probably not. Until the black man can forgive us whites for our ancestors deeds, we will never get along.