Jackman & Craig -- Can You Hear Us Now?

9/28/2009 12:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Wolverine and James Bond are not to be messed with, especially when they're doing the whole acting thing.

Hugh Jackman: Click to watch
Hugh Jackman
and Daniel Craig were trying to perform their play "A Steady Rain" Wednesday night in NYC -- but some nitwit forgot to turn off his mobile phone. Jackman set the dude straight -- staying in character all the while. Minutes later, the ring tone echoed through the theater again and Craig's response was Tony-worthy.

Neither actor seemed shaken or stirred.

Andy

Transcribed because I appreciated the way he handled it:
By the way the play is about 2 Chicago cops who unknowingly return a boy to a killer....pretty heavy.

Jackman: “I still see his face. All the time I see his face. [phone] You wanna get that? You wanna get it? Nah, I don't care. Grab it. Grab your phone. It doesn't matter.”
Guy with camera: mumbling about an a**hole. Kinda funny coming from a guy filming a Broadway production...
Jackman: “Come on. Just turn it off. Unless you got a better story and you wanna get up and tell your story.
SKIP
Craig: “Can you get that? Whoever that is? Can you get it? We can wait, just get the phone.”
Jackman: “Don't be embarrassed. Just grab it. We've all done it; just grab it.”
Craig: [says something over the appluase, unheard] “You got it?”
Jackman: “Good.”
Craig: “Alright. Denny took it hard” (and gives a “no kidding” kind of look – but is trying to move back on track)

Voice of reason

The guy with the camera doesn't mumble something about an a**hole, he says, "That's an office phone." Hence the reason it keeps ringing and no one turns it off- it's the office phone of the production hall, not a cell phone.

doc murry

see you people are stupid..this was all fake,and JJ,,i dont think so champ..but if you tried you might make medical history..as in trying to put all your teeth back inside your big mouth after i knock them all out har har har

doc murry

return a boy to a killer,,isnt that michael jacksons life story,,oops sorry thats about a child molestor killing himself ..sorry my bad har har har

Moses

This actually happened when I went to see Jackman in The Boy From Oz on Broadway in 2004. But that time he not only broke the 4th wall, but he took the woman's phone and had a conversation with the person on the other end! He is hilarious. And both of those guys deserve more respect than that! The guy with the phone should have been escorted OUT.

JJ

Mr Big, the only medical history being made is when the doctors have to surgically remove your cell phone stuck up your ass. No, wait...let's leave the cell phone up your ass and we will all call your cell phone.

Sad

Why the hell did that person let their phone ring forever? That was incredibly rude! Maybe they forgot to turn it off, but at least turn the volume down on the ringing and turn it off! Hugh and Daniel handled it very well.

fernando

lol!! yea i was there..it was great!!! i was real thirsty though! wanted a chrome soda!

Bubbles

I read that during a concert in Egypt, a man's cell phone rang. He didn't turn it off, apparently in the hope that the ringing would stop and no one would know whose phone it had been. Wrong. He and his wife were kicked out and he was arrested and jailed.

LST

Mercedes, people like you are so freaking selfish.

Donna

I agree with whoever said if you can't go 2 hours without a phone call, stay home. I paid too much for my ticket to listen to your da*n phone ringing!

The world is getting more selfish and rude by the minute!

BTW, if Andy's transcript is all that was said, I'm missing the "Tony-worthy" part.

stan

I think if your at play or movie and your cell phone goes off it should be a $1000 fine

LOKI

Are these two working together because they are a couple?

YES, I KNOW ALL OF YOU OUT THERE WILL SAY 'WHAT'?, but think about it.....REALLY THINK ABOUT IT!.

Tom Cruise....he now has a kid because the Scientologists believe they 'cured' him of homosexuality....they did not.

i'M NOT ANIT-GAY.....I don't think it is a disease that has to be cured.

SianP

I could only understand a couple of words Jackman and Craig said, so I really don't know what went down other than the word description TMZ gave.

TMZ, if you can't put up video where we can really hear what's being said, why do you even bother? I am fast losing patience with the children who seem to be running the TMZ website.

mdmn

This was a set up...

photohog has a camera rolling and he is waiting for his buddies phone to ring, and ring, and ring till they get a reaction and then sell it to TMZ.. not a bad scam, TMZ how much do you pay for this cause I might start doing this also to pay for collage

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments