Joan Baez: Memba Her?!

10/3/2009 12:00 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Joan Baez is best known for her politically driven folks songs from the '60s. Guess what she looks like now!

Oppsishitedovertherainbowtofindthepotofgold

You think healthcare is expensive now? ...just wait until it's free!

David M.

I'm 58 years old and remember her. Music was ok but Politically she sucked!!! She appears to have taken too many drugs. And its use caused her to think that her opinions were valid. Since I hadn't heard anything coming from her ugly mug lately I thought she was dead. But I guess that nobody cares what she thinks or says anymore so she no longer has validity in the real world.

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

homie1kanobe

back in those days ,Joan use to write songs about the Establishment,The Man also known as Big Brother, and the Government,and protested War..Now I'm showing my age lol

A.B.

If we memba´ her? Are you crazy? She was one of the biggest singers and celebrities of her time, in the top five or so, with one of the most beautiful and most moving voices. It has a fantastic vibrato only challenged by that of Michael Jackson, and we who experienced her never ever forgot. So she is still a star, and she still performs.

To those who haven't yet - go to youtube and listen to her! Please!
Among the clips you must watch is "Diamonds and rust", the one she wrote in the seventies about her long romance with Bob Dylan. He was unknown back then and latched on to marvelous Joan at least partly to get famous.She was called "the dark madonna" - the real madonna, not the singer, who hadn't yet begun her career back then.

hannah

memba her?!!?! well, I am a 35 year old woman from germany, and even I remember her!! she's great!

Eileen Gatti

Anti-American piece of garbage. Spit on a soldier in the airport after Viet-Nam war. Will NEVER listen to any of her music intentionally EVER again. No time for bad people. Besides, she's not that talented anyway - monotone voice - no expression. Sounded like a dude singing folk music.

A.B.

I'm fascinated with that frequent "anti-American" stuff. It sounds paranoid. Where I live, we never accuse each other of not loving our country if we have different opinions, because that is what you do in a democracy.

lalli

i thought she was dead

that.is.all

What
happened
to
her
lips
?

The Seer

FOLK songs, TMZ, you dolts.

Why do you have so many glaring errors in your posts? Doesn't anyone on your staff proofread? You really need to up your game. As in literacy.

LongJohn69

Sue the dude that made those choppers.