Judge Checks in on Michael Jackson's Kids

10/2/2009 5:30 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A hearing is underway in Michael Jackson's probate case -- the judge wants to know how the three kids are doing. And some family members may try and boot John Branca as executor under the will.

Joe Jackson: Click to watch
UPDATE 5:27 PM ET -- All done.

UPDATE 5:25 PM ET -- Billie Jean Jackson objects!!!! To what, we don't know.

UPDATE 5:17 PM ET -- Howard Weitzman, who reps Branca and McClain, asked the judge to extend the co-Special Administrators powers through the end of the year. The judge saw it Weitzman's way, and gave the pair basically the same power as executors of the estate would have, with one string attached -- they have to loop in Katherine Jackson and the Guardian Ad Litem for the kids for any deals they negotiate.

UPDATE 5:05 PM ET -- Katherine Jackson's attorney, Burt Levitch, just told the judge the family would rather see a member of the family be the administrator of Jackson's estate.

UPDATE 4:44 PM ET
-- A motion to seal several business agreements was granted.

UPDATE 4:41 PM ET -- The judge has received a report from the court investigator that says kids are doing well. The judge called it "an excellent report."

UPDATE 4:37 PM ET -- The judge has taken the bench.

UPDATE 4:31 PM ET -- But fear not ... Billie Jean Jackson is in the house!!!

UPDATE 4:28 PM ET -- We originally thought Katherine Jackson, Michael's mother and the guardian of his three kids, would be at the hearing -- but now we've learned she will not be. We're told she was all set to come, but then backed out when she heard Joe Jackson would be there.

janalal4

Thank God everything will remain the same. Nobody IN THAT FAMILY's got any business handling money! They've proven that! btw, what the hell is Joe doing there????

nan

what a bunch of leeches this family is..how much do they need.paying granny to take care of her own grandchildren...going to have them singing in stripclubs too...joe jackson ..no excuse for that old whore to be there ,he wasnt even in the will and after mj said how afraid he was of him he has the balls to show up looking for cash .just thinking of these people makes me feel like i need to take a shower...gross

oreo

Wow I did not know so many people knew the jackson family personally...

Kimberly

Glad the judge left it alone.
Miss you michael.

Real Truth

The Spec Admins are there for a Reason !!
That Reason is that MJ knew his Family would NOT
Handle His Money well.. So He Put People Who MADE HIM MONEY
in charge of the Money.. Makes Since !!

MJs family are a Bunch of Greedy Sickos.
If I was the Judge I would Strip them of Every Dime..

Michelle

Will they just arrest this Billie Jean Jackson already! The woman needs mental help. I really mean it, she needs help and I hope someone gets it for her.

God bless you and your children Michael!
I love you more!

KMOD

Do not let someone in the family have charge of the money... they have all shown (except Janet) they don't know how to handle money. They need to step back from the $$ and respect what Michael set forth in the choices he made.

janalal4

"Billiejean Jackson objects"!! LMAO!!

Helen

nan

A B well put ..late for the funeral but on time when the cash is involved

TEAMBRANCA

temporary victory for MJ's wishes and team branca/MJ

mcmillan is a douche

smoking gun my a@@ oxman

pl

Billie Jean Jackson objects!!!! To what, we don't know.
----------------------------------
HA HA HA HA HA!!!

What IS it with this Billie Jean person! Why can't they ban her from the courtroom? Geezzzz!!

Helen

Billie Jean Jackson objects!!!! To what, we don't know.

LOL

janalal4

69. AB, when I say transparency, I meant Katherine being informed of financial decisions, she could receive a monthly report, she should have a say about the finances. The thought of estate doing just whatever with the money without letting Katherine know is just NOT settling. estate gives Katherine whatever little bit she asks then they expect her not to question anything else. Branca's close connection to AEG & especially Mottola is unsettling as well.

Posted at 5:32PM on Oct 2nd 2009 by Helen

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/02/judge-checks-in-on-michael-jacksons-kids/5#comments#ixzz0SohJ2VMA

Helen, It's not Katherine's estate or her money. It's Michael's.

SHEILAB_UK

The way I feel right now, I am getting to dislike the JACKSON'S. I can see why MICHAEL tried to do thing on his own, he knew the family would try to control him. They was not there when he needed them the most, how can a family all live within miles of each other yet MICHAEL seemed to be so lonely. I also don't understand why they are not standing by MICHAEL'S wishes in his WILL, they don't like the idea of the JACKSON'S having control, WHAT A FAMILY. I was going to THE TRIBUTE IN LONDON 2010
but I don't think I can give the FAMILY my MONEY now.