Backstreet Boy Infected with that Pig Virus

10/5/2009 7:15 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Brian just released the following video, apologizing to his fans for contracting the virus. Don't stand too close to your monitor, he looks contagious....

I don't care who you are, or where you're from ... you better stay away from Backstreet Boy Brian Littrell, because he's got the Swine Flu.

The Boys' rep just announced the singer has officially contracted the virus known as H1N1, which means he's probably suffering some, if not all, of the following symptoms:

- Fever above 100.4 °F
- Cough
- Sore throat
- Headache
- Chills
- Muscle aches
- Diarrhea
- Vomiting

As of right now, the three remaining Boys -- Nick Carter, Howie Dorough and AJ McLean -- have been cleared by doctors ... but have been "prescribed Tamiflu" just in case.

hahahaha!

I understand that his heart condition makes this flu very serious for him.. but I am still boggled by the idea that his flu is ranking up there with the plauge in many people's minds. My son probably had it too, .. he was sick for a week, fever, vomiting, the runs, headache, sore throat, body chills, body aches... so what's the difference?? My kid stayed home from work (unpaid mind you!) didn't run off to the doctor or hospital to 'be tested' since the treatment is the same, tested or not.. stay home and treat as the usual flu. IF you have other health issues or IF you are having respitory, vomiting/runs over the usual 24hrs, fever over 101.. then by all means go to the ER. Tamiflu is the worst thing ever.. it just breeds a more deadly version of virus so that some rich person doesn't have to 'feel sick'.

APRIL

now i'm worried

bsb 4-ever

awwww- look at that sweet face :) may god bless and heal you really soon b-rok :) we are praying that you have a full, blesses and speedy recovery!!!!! god bless you, leighanne and little cutie pie baily!!! :)

Megan

Awwww I love you, Brian!!!!! BSB rules!!!

diane

brian, im so sorry to hear that ur not feeling well! i hope ur wife and child are ok and i hope u feel better soon. been a fan of bsb since 97! lol i member them days! goodness! well again get well soon brian!

Veronica

you SICK F*CKS!!!!! I hope anyone making fun of it or him gets the flu and gets the symptoms X 1000!!!! I hope he has a speedy recovery and gets back to his wonderful charsmatic personality very very soon!! :D No respect for you TMZ!!! You DISGUST me!!!!!

Inny

The swine/bird/human flu has killed 197 people in the states...
2,000 worldwide

The regular flu kills 36,000 Americans...500,000 worldwide yearly.

The regular flu season is October thru February.

You could have the regular flu but think it's the hyped-up designer swine/bird/human flu.

The H1N1 vaccine hasn't been properly tested and have mercury in them.

Mandy

Aww, that's so sad. Hope he'll be okay. He looked miserable :(

Jake

Jerks...it is NOT the pig flue, neither is it the swine flu. This disease is properly named "MEXICAN FLU". It started in Mexico City, Mexico. H1N1 is the technical name for the VIRUS that causes Mexican Flu. The deadly 1918 flu was properly called the Spanish flu from site of origination in Spain. The ASIAN flu started on the Asian Pacific rim. Hong Kong flu started in Hong Kong. The MEXICAN FLU started in Mexico City, Mexico. GET A LIFE AND CALL IT ITS PROPER DESIGNATION THE MEXICAN FLU. Quit insulting the pigs, or the herds of swine.

Lina

Poor Brian! HOpe he gets better.

Anna

I hope he gets better really soon! I love Backstreet boys ! "This is us" today 10.06.09 go and get it :)

Crystal

FIRST OFF GET WELL SOON BRIAN. SECOND THERE IS NO SPECIAL TREATMENT ABOUT THE GUYS GETTING THE TAMIFLU. MY FAMILY WAS PUT ON IT A COUPLE OF WEEKS AGO AND WE ARE NO WHERE NEAR FAMOUS. YOU PEOPLE REALLY DISGUST ME WITH ALL YOUR HATRED. I WAS NOT A PATRICK SWAYZE FAN BUT WHEN HE WAS SICK AND WHEN HE DIED I DIDNT JUMP ON AND SAY GOOD OR WHO GIVES A CRAP. NO I AM ACTUALLY HUMAN AND I FELT BAD FOR HIM AND HIS FAMILY. BRIAN DOES HAVE HEART PROBLEMS AND SO DOES HIS 6 YEAR OLD SON, OH YEAH SORRY TO RUIN YOUR FUN BUT HE IS A NORMAL GUY JUST WITH A BETTER JOB.

KTBSPA

Bunnymoon

Swine Flu or h1N1 isnt something to mess around with, it can and will kill those who are at risk. I Hope he gets better, I heard he had a heart problem and that like triples your risk of dying from this nasty flu! Kids, babies, pregnant people are dying of this! look I give this guy two thumbs up, if we can all do what he's doing and stay home if we are sick, no one else would get this, and that means lil kids wont have to die!

I may not like boy-bands or a lot of celebrities, but I give him props for staying home and not infecting everyone else and WE ALL SHOULD DO THE SAME.

Beri_