DJ AM's Mom Gave 'Blessing' to Addiction Show

10/8/2009 1:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

DJ AMIt may have been hard for her to watch, but DJ AM's mother tells TMZ she gave her "blessing" to MTV to run the posthumous docu-drama about her son's battle with drug addiction.

In a conversation with AM's mom, Andrea Gross, the grieving mother tells us she recently saw a private screening of, "Gone Too Far" and was so moved by it, she decided the show "should go on the air" without any changes.

Here's her full statement:

"We gave our blessing. We decided that it was so touching and that it should go on the air. It was a wonderful testament to the work Adam did. I only wish he were here to help so many more."

Janae

This is so generous of his mother. I hope he will continue to help others with this show, as he did daily with his life. He was an amazing example of hope. God Bless AM and his family.

Simone

Put this show on the air could be nice to people who didn't know Dj AM. But, I don't know if somebody would avoid to take drugs just because of someone's bad experiences. It depends on everyone minds at the moment to decide to use or not use drugs.

gg

I just hope MTV does the right thing and donates any profits to addiction related charities. It would be pathetic if they profited off of this because Adam would be alive today if it wasn't for MTV.

Mariah

I am sure they are compensating her well for it, too. That is an incentive.

Piscopo

That mom is hot. I wonder if she's dating?

PASSION OF THE TAINT

If he was DJ PM this wouldn't of happened...

whats up Doctors

I copied and pasted this for the people who are not sure what goes in the comment area. Hope it helps.............. Remember me E-Mail me when someone replies to this comment Please keep your comments relevant to this blog entry. Email addresses are never displayed, but they are required to confirm your comments THIS IS MAINLY FOR KOOKY,KOOKY SEEMS UNSURE WHAT GOES IN THE COMMENT AREA

HERE IS THE IMPORTAANT PART AGAIN.....PLEASE KEEP YOUR COMMENTS RELEVANT TO THIS BLOG ENTRY

janalal4

Posted at 7:10AM on Oct 8th 2009 by TMZ INFO

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/08/dj-ams-mom-gave-blessing-to-addiction-show/#comments#ixzz0TLQmr5H0

Well, thank you sooooooo much for "straightening us all out" on how we are supposed to post our comments. Some of us though happen to like 'Krazy Kooky Klown'. If you read the comments on here you would know that. If TMZ doesn't want KKK to post then they will block him from the site. This doesn't happen to be YOUR job!

doc murry

maybe that is aimed at all the wacko jacko fanatics who have no life other than to post and re-post all the same jacko crap over and over and over again.Oh and to also keep saying how they refuse to comment back to all the haters over and over and over and over again..har har har..

why?

KKK and balls are obviously TMZ staff messin around, anyway.I miss DJAM. I don't think I can stand to watch this show. I have only just recently stopped crying. I'm afraid I'll just start up all over again.RIP Adam. We love you so much.

Whamo

Who is this guy anyway? Until he almost died in a plane crash I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't have a clue what he did. To all the people who are going on and on about DJ! Give me a break...the guy spun records!! He had a great ear and great timing...that's it, that's all. What, he's some sort of hero because of this? Did he cure cancer NO! Did he do anything useful in life other that take a lot of drugs? He was a waste of space drug addict.

Whamo

Posted at 7:57AM on Oct 8th 2009 by janalal4

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Anybody that like Kooky or Balls is an idiot!!!! They are both as iritating as sh#t.
TMZ PLEASE BLOCK THIS CRAP.

janalal4

Posted at 7:57AM on Oct 8th 2009 by janalal4

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
TMZ PLEASE BLOCK THIS CRAP.

Posted at 8:46AM on Oct 8th 2009 by Whamo

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/08/dj-ams-mom-gave-blessing-to-addiction-show/#comments#ixzz0TMBdwBMV

Then it obviously doesn't take much to irritate you! I would hate to cut you off in traffic. Would you run me off the road & try to shoot me?? It he bothers you(by the way, I think they are both the same person-Duh.)then DON'T READ IT!

packer

The reason this show is being aired. When he passed away he was in debt, and his mom has to pay off his debt.

what