Paul Anka -- Michael 'Stole' from Me

10/12/2009 9:13 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

It's the quickest resolution in Hollywood history: Paul Anka says the special administrators of Michael Jackson's estate gave him a 50% cut of "This Is It" ... after he said Michael "stole" the original recordings from his studio back in the 80s.

Paul also said John McClain told him, "Now we know why the song was so good ... it wasn't the type of Michael Jackson song that he could write."

Anka said he was humbled by the compliment.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Kevin

That's fine, but show the Erin Andrews nude videos!!!

MJ FaN

we love you Paul Anka, please keep Michael's legacy alive.

Michael always worked with the top best artists. Thank god he worked with you on this song.

MJ FaN

Michael, you make people love you, humbled by your greatness.

namers

I expect in 3 more minutes, you'll publish a 50% is 1/2 of 100%.

MJ FaN

Paul Anka you deserve 50%, you are great, "This Is It" is a great song, you and Michael wrote a great song together, that we will treasure for a long time to come. We love you, Michael love you.

Michelle

"Now we know why the song was so good ... it wasn't the type of Michael Jackson song that he could write." That's such an insult. Michael wrote so many beautiful songs. His songs are legendary. Who ever said that is an idiot.

MJ FaN

Paul Anka I love your song "My Way" sang by Frank Sinatra.

You deserve 50% to "This Is It" because you worked on it together with Michael. Michael must loved your work.

Thank you!

nan

i can understand paul anka wanting his money, but first off the song sucks and secondly did him and the mj lawyer have to dis mj by saying mj couldnt write that song...more lik he WOULDNT have written that song.now i am angry for mj legasy and anka is an ass....i am not buying that song and for anka to keep saying mj stole that .who would steal that crappy song unless you were embarrased by it.

ok

So SONY didn't have control of the rights to the song the MJFT did? McClain is the co-producer of the song. Can someone clarify this for me?
Who had the old song orchestrated and added the Jacksons Brothers backup vocals? The Estate? Since they are paying Anka 50% of the song. 50% of what? Reportedly this song will never be released as a single.
I am going DUH?!

SOMEBODY SHOOT ME!

JUSTICE FOR MICHAEL JACKSON

sweetneke

fifty percent from who michael jacksons estate or from sony i don't think the estate should have to pay a dam thing branca mcclain and sony stoled this song and they're the ones who should have to pay its easy to pay when it's not their money oh what crooks they are

Christi

funny thing is Sony's not planning on releasing it as a single, so what 50% does Anka get anyways?

shuffler

I love that Anka ego-boost at the end. It's all subjective, but I think if we took a sampling of MJ's fans, we'd get an overwhelming response that it was one of MJ's weaker songs.

With all due respect.
I also don't know how I'd feel with someone making additions to a song I wrote without my consent, but hey, I guess money talks.

I'd really love to know where they got the master tape months back when they were presumably making changes to the track. Wasn't Anka aware of this? How on earth could they make such a blunder on royalties if they knew he wrote the song with Michael?

Questions, questions (and probably a lot of $ signs).

lee

Paul Anka what is the point of insulting Michael. MICHAEL is a MUSICAL GENIUS!! Michael could not write a song like that. PLEASE!!. The only reason the song is good is because MICHAEL co wrote the song and it is his voice that makes it SPECIAL!!

HumanNature

Paul Anka please take a BIG OLE BOW!!!!

Raejean

Did my ears hiccup or did Anka call him "Michael JOHNSON"??????

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments