Jon Gosselin Ordered to Return $180,000

10/13/2009 3:02 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

TMZ has learned Jon Gosselin has been ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds, which were removed in violation of an arbitrator's order.

jon & kate gosselin

According to Kate's lawyer, Mark Momjian, "The remaining sum of $55,000, which Ms. Gosselin used for household bills and expenses relating to the children, will be subject to further determination by the arbitrator at a later date."

Jon is required to repay the loot by October 26 -- the next hearing -- or appear before the judge for a contempt proceeding.

The judge also ordered Kate to provide an accounting of past expenses -- also due by Oct. 26.

Kate says, "As difficult as this has been for me, I am pleased that the Court has ruled fairly on behalf of myself and my children. Now that this matter has been ruled on, I look forward to returning to private arbitration, as we have agreed to do, to resolve any remaining issues."

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Anna

ut oh......

TGAR

Kate may not be a prize but Jon is an ass. Not only did he take from her, he stole from his kids to fund his man whore ways. I was not a fan of how Kate treated him on the show but now maybe we are seeing the real Jon in all his douche bag glory.

Extravagantly-Creative

Where the heII is Jon gonna get $180,000 ??

I guess he'll withdraw his motion to stop filming so his kids can go back to work & make him a "couple hundred" more grand before re-submitting his Cease & Desist order.

doctorme

But what, didn't Kate and her attorney say that Jon took $220,000? Now, it's only 180k? And now Kate's attorney said that she used the other $55k? Strange. I think that both Gosselins are media-whores and spendthrifts... and are bankrupting their children--emotionally and financially.

I hope the arbitrator orders them both (including attorneys and "friends") to keep their mouths shut. 80% of the earnings should have gone in a trust for the kids... not the measly $10k that Kate only recently put in for each kid. After all, they gave up their privacy...for life... just so Mommy and Daddy could make some bucks. Should have thought about that before the second round of fertility treatments... but then again, Kate did. She already stated in an article that she felt that the state of PA should take care of her children. Puh-lease.

o rly

Kooky & Simone stole it for their honeymoon.

jm

When are they going to arrest Conrad Murray?

Michelle

Wow Now it's going to get ugly we haven't seen anything yet... Im Glade he has to pay back some of the money and she has to be heald Accountable as well She dosen't have money to pay her bills What happen to the book deals that she got it was 2 of them if I remeber..and money for others little jobs that were done.. so she is lying she earnd that money while they were married so she should be useing that money to care for the children.. and be done with it..

Ih8k8

What is it with these two nitwits always saying "MY" children or "MY" kids, even when they were together? My parents were divorced and they never did that. They said "THE" kids or "OUR" kids. Proof to me, yet again (and not that I needed it) that these both of these so-called parents are incapable of thinking of anyone but themselves.

Ih8k8

Kate, get your spa/tanning/botox/mani-pedi/Ann Taylor/Land Rover/etc receipts ready - because you are no better than John, showing up today perfectly coiffed, nails freshly done, expensive clothes/shoes, etc. You BOTH need accountability! Your kids being filmed pooping on the toilet should not mean a makeover for you!

GGG

KATE IS A SHAM. HER KIDS. GIVE ME A BREAK. SHE SPEAKS ONLY FOR 'HERSELF'. MAKES ME SICK!

L

Oh snap!!

Anna

Chef Kooky ... do you have a recipe for red velvet cake?

Mae

Notice the first one to open her mouth was Kate!! Remarks are being made about how shocked Jon looked when he walked out of the court, ET got a peak of Kate as well, she looked like she was going to start bawling. Kate wants to control the $$$. AND, I THINK she filed for alimony and child support to force Jon's hand into getting the show back into production. Come on Harvey!! You're a lawyer!!

Done my share of family law......................

whateverusay

Start, by both of you shutting your pie holes to the media.

elena

Maybe Jon could sell the $70,000 car he gave to his little girlfriend, and the BMW he bought for himself. What a creep.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments