Balloon Boy Busts Parents

10/16/2009 7:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Falcon Heene and his family were just on Larry King Live -- where he suggested his family set up the entire "boy trapped in a flying balloon" story, saying "You guys said that we did this for the show."

His father responded by saying "Man," his mom adding "No."

Wolf Blitzer didn't hear what the boy said and moved on to the next question.

The family appeared on the ABC show "Wife Swap" back in March.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Egalite522

I knew it didn't seem to make sense to me. I remember the episode of Wife Swap and that father was crazy. I guess they didn't have enough fame. http://www.stupidrightwingers.com

Jessica

The little boy ratted them out! how funny, you said we did it for da show and we could have a toy.. I am gonna go hide in the kitchen cabinet now..

Sara

Nice fart.
I hope they make these people pay for the "rescue". They're disgusting human beings, and lousy parents. I don't know who would want to watch anything more with them in it.

pamela

Is the dad abusing the kids or something? I sure hope not, but it sort of seems that way. Why would a kid hide in a box in an attic if they thought they were in trouble if their dad was just going to scold them? Also, it makes it seem like maybe the whole things was planned..maybe so they could get publicity for their stupid flying saucer.

jennifer

I was watching the show when the kid said that, and he totally busted the parents! You could tell the dad was horrified, and was struggling to cover it up. I think Wolf Blitzer was a little stunned by what he heard, but when they came back from commercial, he followed up on it with the dad. The dad, of course, acted all offended but he never would answer the question.

WTF

"You guys said ...that we... umm...did this for the show" -- Falcon Heene said it LIVE on CNN

achynadoll

9th!

Sara

The parents' acting skills suck.

Simone

Kooky and balls are mentally retarded.

Keegan

This family and the Gosselin family need to have a get together and have one big fame whore party and just get it over with already.

Lilarose

Yes, TMZ, we were all discussing this slip of the tongue on an earlier blog, and it is all over the internet now. Thanks for posting the actual sequence. I don't know if Wolf heard it or not, he probably did and wanted to verify what he thought he heard, but he re-asked the question at the end of the show and pissed off the father. So they got caught.......I think authorities should deal with this!

cyringe

i knew and had always said that it was not possible for the whole scenarios. i knew they planned the whole thing for T.V and fame. no kid would have hidden in a box for 3hours and not fall asleep or be scared............please.

PeoplePlanter

They just showed everyone how to go from nobody to the nations most hated people in an hour.

More hated than Jon and Kate.

DNB

Ah, bless the innocence of the wee ones.

Shell

I posted on here earlier they were strange ever since I seen them on wife swap a while back...Anything for publicity, good going kiddo, your parents made you do this and you just ratted them out...HAHAHA

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments