Larry Birkhead Testifies About Anna Nicole

10/16/2009 1:50 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Larry BirkheadLarry Birkhead is on the stand in the preliminary hearing involving Anna Nicole Smith and the defendants who allegedly fueled her drug habit.

Birkhead just testified between August 2004 and May 2006, he saw Anna take the following drugs regularly: Topamax, Lasix, Klonopin, Valium, Xanax, Potassium and Methadone.

He has not talked about whether Howard K. Stern or the two other defendants -- Sandeep Kapoor and Kristine Eroshevich -- helped facilitate Anna's drug use, but he did identify Dr. Kapoor as Smith's regular physician at the time.

UPDATE 3:20 PM ET
-- Birkhead testified he saw Anna's prescription bottles with several different names on them: Anna Nicole Smith, Michelle Chase, Vicki Marshall and Jane Brown. Larry also said the whole time he knew Anna he was concerned that she would take her meds inappropriately.

UPDATE 5:50 PM ET -- Birkhead testified he never saw anyone force Anna to take medication. He said he saw Anna with a duffel bag full of meds. Birkhead said he saw Stern give the bag to Anna Nicole, but didn't see him administer any drugs.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Howard Supporter

I think G. Ben’s exact role/responsibility is not yet clear. He is not terribly articulate; his depo for instance does not provide a cold, hard and definitive statement of what he knew and when he knew it. Even his consent to the removal of SB as his attorney of record is lukewarm; a ‘conflict’ arose.

Posted at 9:21PM on Nov 20th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

None of the characters in SC are particularly articulate judging by their partial/redacted depositions. GBT says he was on the phone with FS at the time of the burglary. He also claims he never told FS to take anything out of the home. I don't find him or FS credible.

I still visualize SB's description of the TX bunch, including O'Q flying down to view the clown tape. DC, FS, SB and WV corroborated that in their individual depos. Having said that, I must say the Q&A is disjointed in all of their depositions. Redactions and blank pages make for strange reading. I can't even follow Ford Shelley's thinking--his thought processes. Trying to make sense of it is a waste of time. I am only interested in their illegal activities and how deeply that behavior was exploited by Santiago and JB. A very small world that ran from Texas to SC to DOJ/CA. The culmination was that retread preliminary hearing.

I've heard and read this fabricated story for almost three years and I could repeat it by heart now, even though I lost track long ago of some of the voluminous allegations and stories that were created out of whole cloth. The haters will carry that bigotry and hatred with them forever....they have honed the art of twisting words and events to an unimaginable skill built on such hatred.

As far as the fate of the doomed blogger case--the Big Bluff is in force, a tactic as transparent as those who espouse it and for obvious reasons to keep the dream alive. What a dream...what a farce..what a bunch of baloney.

This much we know about the Speer case and Cosby case: unlike Tx federal court the cases were not withdrawn and then dismissed. That one stands out even for a layperson like me; WITHDRAWN.

Good point you made about Opri settling with LB--I'd forgotten that one.

Can't help but remember how MJ's trial in 2005 dealt with testimony involving prosecution witnesses who had civilly sued MJ and he had counter-sued...and won! The prosecution was desperate enough to use such people as witnesses!

BTW after three weeks of nearly frying my computer trying to unload these Vundo viruses--I finally figured out it was the Yahoo toolbar, yahoo search--all things yahoo (not messenger).

Higher truths

Best wishes and Happy Thanksgiving to all this year.
To SWIMS and HS and others,
Thank you for being the voice of assurance and sanity this year.
Logically speaking, any and all suit started or supported by the Texas cabal should end, as they should have never started.
OSITO said the following below:

:::During the years it may take to wind down the litigation by or involving the O’Q Law Firm and either pay up or avoid its debts I suppose we will continue for awhile to see these half-assed attempts to drag out the ‘bloggers’ case.:::

=================================================================
Original posts below
Posted at 9:21PM on Nov 20th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

667. …
Interesting as to GBT filing to be relieved of SB. Does this exonerate him now from the sanctions requested as SB's client?

Well, sorry but the bluffing from the opposition and the horrific tactics attached to that is just not to be dignified in any way by this poster. My interest in the blogger fiasco in Texas died when John O'Quinn died and the farce in CA ended --all about the same time.

Thanks again for the updates and thoughtful and dead-on posting (Swim).

Posted at 7:40PM on Nov 20th 2009 by Howard Supporter
*****

FS on the other hand has been perfectly clear that SB was a rogue and acting for and on behalf of the TX cabal long before she ever asked the SC court for pro hac vice status. His and HKS’s consent regarding SB is both clear and contingent on SB not wasting any time objecting to her and her law firm being added as defendants. Therefore, FS is expecting that SB’s activities will mitigate his responsibility; possibly G. Ben is thinking along the same lines even if he cannot quite say or write it clearly. The problem with G. Ben is that he and the baby Thompsons were all behaving in concert with SB way back in 2007 regarding the CA DOJ. It is not a stretch to believe that he was also aware to some extent what SB and the TX cabal/Cosby/Opri were up to regarding ANS’s stolen EM and other docs.

Details of SB-gate should be a page-turner.

Also interesting with the slug ‘bloggers’ case; McCabe just made a tactical error and filed with HC a statement that his DVD of the TV broadcast of the ‘prison’ interview should not be tossed as evidence (as requested by CBS
due to lack of proper authentication) because it is the DVD that CBS gave him directly during the Federal ‘Mommie Dearest’ case. Well, the Plaintiff has now opened the door to entering evidence from the Federal case.

Posted at 9:21PM on Nov 20th 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/16/larry-birkhead-anna-nicole-smith-howard-k-stern-drugs-sandeep-kapoor-khristine-eroshevich/45#comments#ixzz0XT1h5IRH

Howard Supporter

Posted at 12:09AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Higher truths

My pc has been infected with viruses (mostly Vundo) for thee weeks now. I woke up one morning and 175 emails were gone from my inbox and all sent email, as well as sever saved folders with emails. After that all the ads came on (never before). Tonight I uninstalled Yahoo toolbar. Believe it or not, TMZ toolbar was fine. Phishing took over from Yahoo and used a photo from my computer--but the site warned of phishing and said not to register or sign on with a photo I had not chosen. That site is a secured site.

It is driving me crazy.

Higher truths

Posted at 12:09AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Higher truths

It is driving me crazy.

Dear Howard Supporter,
I took a chance at standing up and I am glad that I did. No need for anyone to suffer in silence.Another poster, of no signfigance stated that they had used yahoo as well. Odd thing, it had not been used in two years yet was activated in the middle of the night.
A few months ago their yahoo mail hd been breached and a hacked message had been left.

Yes. "THEY" are at it again. As I review the current H.C. postings here, I realize that this nightmare is not over.

I hope that anyone else out there suffering from these nuances will discreetly share what they are experiencing. To those working in the COA, Godspeed. Please put an end to this madness before more innocent people will suffer as others needlessly have.

Signed me,
Fed up

Posted at 12:26AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Howard Supporter

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/16/larry-birkhead-anna-nicole-smith-howard-k-stern-drugs-sandeep-kapoor-khristine-eroshevich/45#comments#ixzz0XTUmCxNh

Higher truths

***PS to HS,
In my message below I meant to say that a long unused chat program had been activated and accessed in the middle of the night prior to the hacking of the yahoo mail a few months before.
I would estimate the number of p.c.'s infected and hacked in relation to the AND cases from about 50 or more including crashed pc's which needed replacing.

Obviously, "someone" feels that the bogus California cases against
HKS are not going to succeed , hence the "renewed" focus and conniving with the bogus and unlawful Texas defamation case.

I don't believe that this new judge is the type to send undefended, poor bloggers to jail over false charges of conspiracy.

671. 670. I am afraid that some of us are beginning to experience some of the usual tactics such as computer phishing and so forth. Therefore I will state publicly that although it makes no sense, either rogue bloggers or McCabe and company are deluded into looking for/creating a newer "Mommy dearest" defamation victim. Be careful people. I doubt that anyone will tolerate anymore bloggers being falsely imprisoned.

Posted at 12:09AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Higher truths

It is driving me crazy.

Dear Howard Supporter,

Signed me,
Fed up

Posted at 12:26AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Howard Supporter

Posted at 2:06AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Higher truths

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/16/larry-birkhead-anna-nicole-smith-howard-k-stern-drugs-sandeep-kapoor-khristine-eroshevich/45#c23290847#ixzz0XTXAvYIf

Hawaii spring break

Cosby's book was 95% accurate, videotape was a mistake. Larry Birkhead was a major source for her book. He had a long term contarct with TMZ, raked $2 mil. for EXCLUSIVE INSIDE INFORMATION.
Cosby wrote the facts and information she gathered from TMZ and other tabloids.

Stern should have sued Birkhead for defamation not Rita!!

Howard Supporter

Dear Howard Supporter,

Signed me,
Fed up

I wrote a long post about the pc problems but it vanished. I do not use Yahoo email, but I do have a Yahoo log on which is automatic. Those missing emails were 'converted' to a fake file that cannot be accessed. Suffice to say people should always check their Security Center to make sure the automatic updates and firewall are on. I neglected to do that until I read up on the Vundo virus and it's many incarnations. Suddenly a whole bunch of updates were downloaded to my computer which I can see, dated Nov. 19th. Who knows how long the updates were disabled by the virus? Secondly, always make sure your anti-virus icon is in the systems tray if it has a an automatic updater and shield/guard. That too can be knocked out, for me it was not--reboot immediately if it isn't in the systems tray at any point in time. The anti-virus identified all the Vundo trojans and quarantined them. But, by last night my search engines went kaflooey. It is all Yahoo/Google stuff that has gone crazy inserting fake websites through redirect.

Howard Supporter

672. ***PS to HS,

Obviously, "someone" feels that the bogus California cases against

Posted at 2:15AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Higher truths

I may have to do away with Messenger--it was a G-dsend when my son was in Baghdad, but it has been compromised. The webcam I bought just to see him over there was fantastic, even though it was his idea and he could see me in my nightgown (time difference). I save those chats with him and none of my other files have been compromised. I also still have videos he sent from Iraq during this same period (his second tour of duty). The rest of the emails were not noteworthy--don't know why I saved them, just correspondence from my other sons and pics which I immediately save to the pc.

One more piece of advice, always try to go into safe mode with or without networking to do pc scans (if possible) registry cleanups, defrags, etc. If you are in safe mode with networking make sure the firewall is on.

I now save important emails (important to me--sentimental value) by c&p them elsewhere in a secure location and also printing them out. Delete the rest. I now have only about 16 messages in my inbox I keep there instead of 175. LOL. I haven't had an empty inbox EVER. The sent box was all gone too and had forwards of emails to me and replies.

EVEN THAT was tolerable (gone is gone). But not this Yahoo crap--an old standby favorite that was Yahoo. No more.

The threat to Swim posted here a few weeks ago bothered me. I have gone back to another email addy that I have had but rarely used for years--since 1998. All my photos get put on internet photo sites just in case and also jump drives to go with Picture Screen.

Only swim in the Ocean

H.S.

Good advice regarding protecting our computers; I have always chuckled when reading the TX cabal filings regarding ‘spoliation’. The programs named, as ‘proof’ certain people were trying to thwart discovery are the very ones necessary to run often. ☺

Howard Supporter

677. H.S.

Posted at 11:43AM on Nov 21st 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

That advice comes with hindsight. That virus became extremely aggressive last night with the yahoo and google searches--blocking out all Microsoft sites (they were labeled 'MS redirect') and Google. When I couldn't pull up the New York Post that's when I figured out only those two search engines were compromised and switched to another default engine. That brought aggressive messages from Yahoo, and finally after uninstalling all that Yahoo stuff--the whole pc froze, IE was no longer working. Back to safe mode where everything was just fine! From there restart and voila--(I am afraid to reboot it now, so just hanging on for now. BTW some programs that never worked properly are now working! The scanner, the anti-spyware program (the first to go) and rather than get rid of Yahoo Messenger I signed out of it for now.

Thanks for finding that new TMZ blog about the Cosby settlement. Both of those copies of the stipulation to dismiss (doc. 167 and 168) were filed by Cosby.

BTW I did follow this blog when those JB interviews with media were disclosed by the LA Times.

Only swim in the Ocean

…

Posted at 12:38PM on Nov 21st 2009 by Howard Supporter
*****
I wonder how JB is feeling today. All the same ‘insiders’, the same boastful and assertive hangers-on and creeps, the same people with the alleged damaging pictures, videos and docs, all the same people that sucked JB (likely with little effort) into their defamatory fantasy world; they never came to their author’s defense in writing (Court filings) nor could they be cajoled into appearing at trial.

Higher truths

Please don't waste your "spice". You're quiet dull as it it:)

Posted at 6:06PM on Nov 21st 2009 by Wasted Spice

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2009/10/16/larry-birkhead-anna-nicole-smith-howard-k-stern-drugs-sandeep-kapoor-khristine-eroshevich/46#comments#ixzz0XZQJFM1l

Wasted Spice

683. Please don't waste your "spice". You're quiet dull as it it:)

'QUIET DULL? AS IT IT ? " what the f are you talkin about ? Are you worried i'll runout of spices for the holidays cooking ? Don't worry about me sugar , i think you should get back to rehab STAT !

DesertWalker

Posted at 1:37PM on Nov 21st 2009 by Only swim in the Ocean

*****

Wouldn't it be interesting if the SC civil suit could conclude before the CA trial began. Can a defendant in a criminal trial request the start of that trial be delayed if the witnesses who would be called to testify in each were the same? If it's allowable, is the request likely to be granted?

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments