Mistrial in Travolta Extortion Case

10/22/2009 1:25 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mistrial in Travolta Extortion CaseThe judge in the John Travolta extortion case has declared a mistrial, reportedly because of jury misconduct.

Justice Anita Allen
released the jury and declared a mistrial after learning that a member of Parliament announced at a political convention that defendant Pleasant Bridgewater -- a former Senator -- had been acquitted by the jury.

It's unclear if jurors had actually reached a verdict. There's an unconfirmed report that one of the jurors may have communicated information to the Parliament member who spoke out.

No word on whether the jury may have reached a verdict on Tarino Lightbourne.

Story developing ...

Simone

First!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

When this story will be finished???????????

B.

Bottom-Turn

KRAZY KOOKY KLOWN

quattro !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Simone

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahhahahaha.

WillOTheWisp

You got to be kidding! Oh my goodness! The poor Travoltas'!
That's got to suck! Goofy ass jurors!

Simone

Some people really need a life... and it ain't me that needs one.

Paparazzo@frog.cc

Great, now we have to see more news on this stupid story.

homie 1 kanobe

First you loose a child and there is nothing worse than that I know,Now you have to go thru this and it sux, Our Family's Prayers goes out to you and yours.

B J

I think that john is a good man but deprived the boy of needed medical care because of his believes. Stupid and dangerous to the point of the boy dying. That's just my thoughts as misguided as they may be. I feel that if you are wealthy and have access to dr's take advantage of it. I don't think the Travolta's did from what Ive read and seen. I really like John and his body of work but you got to get a grasp on reality because you only have one chance and you should spare no expense or effort to save a child. I hope he did all he could, and it sucks if someone is trying to capitalize on the death of a child. If that's the case bury the guy.

Deborajune

why is it my comments don't get posted?

CIVILIZED

sarah palin is a murderer. i wouldnt be surprised if she killed travolta's son. she sent off her own son to die in iraq, so that she could steal your tax dollars for her bridge to nowhere. sarah palin will shoot you in the heart with one of her 500000000000 guns if you wear antlers this halloween.
DONT LET SARAH PALIN KILL YOUR CHILDREN THIS HALLOWEEN!!!!!!

Bobo Frog

In other news, John Travolta has turned ORANGE.

London not England

TAKE IT FROM SOMEONE WHO LIVED IN THE CARIBBEAN FOR YEARS...St. MAARTEN......CARIBBEAN "JUSTICE" IS A CONTRADICTION IN TERMS!!!!

THERE IS NO SUCH THING....!

They don't call them "PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN" for NOTHING!!!!!

That's why I left......

chrissy

This stinks. I am sure there will be a retrial which means the Travolta's having to go threw this entire nightmare again.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments