Liz Taylor: MJ Film Is Greatest Movie Ever Made!

10/26/2009 7:45 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Liz Taylor saw an advanced screening of the Michael Jackson docu-film "This Is It" last night -- and to say she liked it could be the biggest understatement of all time.

Liz Taylor, Michael Jackson

Taylor went to Twitter just moments ago where the star of such Hollywood classics like "Cleopatra," "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof," "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf" and a ton of other iconic films wrote the following statement about "This Is It":

"It is the single most brilliant piece of filmmaking I have ever seen."

Liz continued, "I wept from pure joy at his God given gift. There will never, ever be the likes of him again."

UPDATE
: Taylor is blasting Tweet after Tweet ... she just referred to Michael as a "modern day prophet."

Barb

Sadly I must agree with you. All thru his life he has been persacuted and tormented. I know he is not Jesus and would never say that he was but his life just reminds me of the things that Jesus went thru and endored. And I kind of agree about him being a profit. God has sent many of them to us to help guide us in the right path, trying to teach us about compassion and love, just too bad that everytime he has, man kind has cruxified them. How sad, and we wonder why we are doomed.
=========

104. @97 It's a wonderful thing that Jesus lived 2000 years ago because if he were alive today,he would be accused of being a pedophile the minute he said "let the children come to me".TMZ and all the haters would be all over that story.

Posted at 8:37PM on Oct 26th 2009 by PJ

Ben

114. his mother has a crease in her chin not an ass
how come hers didn't change with age
his chin does resemble an ass and his lips looks like an old ladies

Posted at 8:53PM on Oct 26th 2009 by stupid fans

Let's see a picture of you, there, Smeagol; betting your mom only fed you in the dark. (google that if you don't get it)

reena

The movie will be the only good thing for me this week... :)

Raejean

The greatest movie of all time, etc.? Modern-day prophet? Oh, for cryin' out loud, Liz, now I KNOW your cheese done slid off your cracker, old girl. Too much pill-popping yourself, I've little doubt.

Barb

Maybe she just ages better..She also doesn't look to bad for being 80 yrs old. You just never know.
=======

114. his mother has a crease in her chin not an ass
how come hers didn't change with age
his chin does resemble an ass and his lips looks like an old ladies

Posted at 8:53PM on Oct 26th 2009 by stupid fans

Butterfly Wings

Elizabeth Taylor was a phenomenal actress in her day... but she seems a little looney nowadays and I can't take anything she says too seriously.

Anyway, yay for Ricky Gervais http://tinyurl.com/yhjo9ge

Hypocrites

107. Michael Jackson: This was the greatest entertainer of all time?

Three days into the coverage of Michael Jackson's death, I'm weary of hearing that he was "incomparable" and "the greatest entertainer of all time."

People in shock resort to hyperbole. Jackson sold a lot of records, elevated videos, danced with exuberance and entertained millions. People remember him fondly because he's a touchstone from their younger days.

But incomparable? Forget that. Show business is an arena of comparisons, and Jackson falls down in many categories.

Endurance. The great ones keep at it. While Jackson was playing the recluse, other singers have been out there plugging away. B.B. King, Aretha Franklin and Tony Bennett -- to name just three -- still tour.

Versatility. Other singers have jumped to the movies with sensational results. Cher, Bing Crosby, Frank Sinatra and Barbra Streisand won Academy Awards. Doris Day is the most popular actress in the history of American movies. Dean Martin and Judy Garland were adept at comedy and drama. Bette Midler still is. Jackson showed promise in "The Wiz" and never converted on it. Where was the movie that showed his singing and dancing skills?

Ground-breaker. Yes, Jackson paved the way for many artists with "Thriller." But it isn't always about the sales figures. Louis Armstrong revolutionized American singing. Sinatra and Ella Fitzgerald lifted it to an art form. Elvis Presley rocked America to its foundation. Jackson had his moment, and he couldn't keep delivering.

Adult performer. Jackson made a successful jump to performer, but all we've learned about him in recent days confirms that he was ill-equipped for stardom. Stevie Wonder was a child performer who became a national institution -- still is -- and an admired activist. He isn't in hiding. And he's blind. A sad childhood is no excuse for bad adult behavior.

Talent. Jackson had so much God-given talent, and he frittered it away. He died on the same day as Farrah Fawcett, who kept pushing herself as a performer and let the world see her battle with cancer.

Jackson, instead, liked to indulge himself. He left a mountain of debt. He kept resorting to plastic surgery, which botched his appearance and damaged his health. At his death, Jackson was addicted to OxyContin and getting daily doses of Demerol, ABC News reports. The child-abuse allegations turned off many Jackson fans. Where were the people to tell Jackson to grow up?

We're told that we'll never see another entertainer like Michael Jackson. Let's hope that's true, because he was a mess.

Greatest entertainer of all time? I don't see how. He should have been doing more entertaining. That's what the great ones do.

Posted at 8:39PM on Oct 26th 2009 by the truth

This is a great post.

oreo

On a side note, I think Tila Tequila is on drugs...

nan

enough about mj sad life...what happened in the lives of some of the people on this website to have so much anger and hate.thats really sad because thats all we see .none of your accomplishments if you had any you might have a little less anger..i am not talking about people who want to express their opinion.i am talking about people who just express hate ..sad and lonely people

MJ Fan in Canada

I'm so glad Liz is impressed. She obviously knows something we don't. The rest of us will just have to wait until the release. I can hardly wait. I'm sure it will be great & hopefully will have at least one BIG surprise a lot of us are impatiently waiting for...

izilda pomelli

On stage he was the maximum, but I know it will be like outside it was?
Exhausted, too tired, or sony, or AEG request postponement came, they thought only in money, and sucked up to the end.
He was excellent and a perfectionist, but was human
They also killed

No palco ele era o maximo, mas quero saber fora dele como sera que estava?
Exausto, cansado demais, nem sony , nem AEG vieram pedir adiamento, pensaram só no dinheiro, e o sugaram até o fim.
Ele era excelente e perfeccionista, mas era humano
Eles o mataram também

Neverland

Are You Listening?

Who am I?
Who are you?
Where did we come from?
Where are we going?
What's it all about?
Do you have the answers?
Immortality's my game
From Bliss i can
In Bliss I am sustained
To Bliss I return
If you don't know it now
It's a shame
Are you listening?
This body of mine
Is a flux of energy
In the river of time
Eon pas, ages come and go
I appear and disppear
Playing hide-and-seek
In the twinkling of an eye
I am the particle
I am the wave
Whirling at lightning speed
I am the fluctuation
That takes the lead
I am the Prince
I am the Knave
I am the doing
That is the deed
I am the galaxy, the void of space
In the Milky Way
I am the craze
I am the thinker, the thinking, the thought
I am the seeker, the seeking, the sought

I am the dewdrop, the sunsine the storm
I am the penomenon, the field, the form
I am the desert, the ocean, the sky
I am the Primeval Self
In you and I
Pure unbounded consciousness
Truth, existence, Bliss am I
In infinite expressions I come and go
Playing hide-and-seek
In the twinkling of an eye
But immortality's my game
Eons pass
Deep inside
I remain
Ever the same
From Bliss I came
In Bliss I am sustained
Join me in my dance
Please join me now
If you forget yourself
You'll never know how
This game is played
In the ocean bed of Eternity
Stop this agony of wishing
Play it out
Don't hesitate
Curving back within yourself
Just create...just create
Immortality's my game
From Bliss i came
In Bliss I'm sustained
To Bliss I return
If you don't know it now
It's a shame
Are you listening?

"Michael Joesph Jackson"

Modern Day Prophet? According to Michael he viewed himself the same. People need to wake up and start reading their Bibles. You have to ask yourself? Who "REALLY" was Michael Jackson? This was no ordianary man or spirit by far.

Book of Daniel Chapter 12

The End Times:
Verse 1:
And at that time Michael stand up, the great prince which standeth for the CHILDREN of thy people; and there shall be a time of trouble, such as never was since there was a nation even to that same time; and at that time thy people shall be delivered, every one that shall be found written in the book.

Daniel Verse 10:
Many shall be purified and made white, and tried; but the wicked shall do wickedly; and none of the wicked shall understand; but the wise shall understand

GOD

Marlb Man

Elizabeth Taylor is the perfect Michael fan. His music is so dull, it should be played at retirement homes and elevator's only!! Remember everybody, he killed himself, why all the pity for such a pansy who, most likely, molested little boy's for year's?

Ben

122. On a side note, I think Tila Tequila is on drugs...

Posted at 9:07PM on Oct 26th 2009 by just say NO

I'm glad you posted this, because I wish Dr. Death to help her 'sleep' if you get my meaning.

SadSadSad

This woman is feeling TOTALLY GUILTY for getting and keeping Michael Jackson hooked on drugs.....without her, he would never have known that wacko plastic surgeon who consequently introduced him to the wonderful world of Propofol........Every doctor he used was probably a referral from her!!!!!!!!